sleep peralysis info

Originally Posted by proper english

tell you room mate to stop sleeping on his back (could be hard for alot of people).. guaranteed, it will work. 

The only time it happened to me, I was on my side. I couldn't move my eyes, they were locked on the numbers on my digital clock. And I heard a real loud whirring, alien spaceship type noise behind me getting louder in my ear. I felt a presence behind me, like someone standing over me... with this loud !!$ noise killing my eardrums. I could hear it inside my head. Then, I heard a big "whoosh!" and I could move again. Scared the living ##+% out of me.

I've had nightmares during sleep paralysis.
I guess through this process your brain is on the fence between reality and dreams.

My eyes are open but I can't move or talk and I usually hear or see different things. 

I once layed there as Zombies smashed and crawled through my window trying to get in. 

Other times I see dark figures shaking my body next to me or coming towards me or something. 

One time I kept hearing demonic hymns or prayers being whispered in my ear by a small girls voice.

It's scary and for me, it takes about 20-30 seconds to get out of it if I REALLY struggle to get out.

Sometimes I'll sleep it off. 

I've had nightmares during sleep paralysis.
I guess through this process your brain is on the fence between reality and dreams.

My eyes are open but I can't move or talk and I usually hear or see different things. 

I once layed there as Zombies smashed and crawled through my window trying to get in. 

Other times I see dark figures shaking my body next to me or coming towards me or something. 

One time I kept hearing demonic hymns or prayers being whispered in my ear by a small girls voice.

It's scary and for me, it takes about 20-30 seconds to get out of it if I REALLY struggle to get out.

Sometimes I'll sleep it off. 

J2Legend wrote:

I had experienced those types of dreams while going through sleeping paralysis. The alien abduction dreams feel so life like and are extremely terrifying. I wake up screaming sometimes.
frown.gif
 Once I felt a hand squeezing my heart and when I woke up, the pain was still there. I used to say a prayer while experiencing sleeping paralysis and it would wake me up. But it doesn't work anymore.

J2Legend wrote:

I had experienced those types of dreams while going through sleeping paralysis. The alien abduction dreams feel so life like and are extremely terrifying. I wake up screaming sometimes.
frown.gif
 Once I felt a hand squeezing my heart and when I woke up, the pain was still there. I used to say a prayer while experiencing sleeping paralysis and it would wake me up. But it doesn't work anymore.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I've been through it 2-3 times... Woke up...couldnt move for 3-7 seconds...

Scary !++%
Exactly what happens to me.. it sucks lol

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I've been through it 2-3 times... Woke up...couldnt move for 3-7 seconds...

Scary !++%
Exactly what happens to me.. it sucks lol

Used to experience this way back. It went for several days and I tell you, its tiring as hell. I always wake up all tired from struggling to fully wake up.

Used to experience this way back. It went for several days and I tell you, its tiring as hell. I always wake up all tired from struggling to fully wake up.

From what I understand, this primarily occurs to individuals with irregular sleep patterns, albeit monophasic, polyphasic, etc.

If you continually miss one of the five REM stages it can get crazy, inception style
roll.gif

From what I understand, this primarily occurs to individuals with irregular sleep patterns, albeit monophasic, polyphasic, etc.

If you continually miss one of the five REM stages it can get crazy, inception style
roll.gif

It occurs in lucid dreaming, and your brain reacts to the "awareness" of the dream by immobilizing the body to prevent harm. It often goes away before actually waking up, but sometimes you get locked into that position, and that can be terrifying, especially if the dream itself is terrifying. I've woken up to it a couple times and it lasted a few seconds but felt like minutes. You can move your eyes, but that's about it.

It occurs in lucid dreaming, and your brain reacts to the "awareness" of the dream by immobilizing the body to prevent harm. It often goes away before actually waking up, but sometimes you get locked into that position, and that can be terrifying, especially if the dream itself is terrifying. I've woken up to it a couple times and it lasted a few seconds but felt like minutes. You can move your eyes, but that's about it.

it happens to me sometimes, i am used to it though. it never lasts too long either, most I've had is like 20 seconds. One time it was really scary; I had a nightmare that I was being abducted by aliens then I woke up and couldn't move, that was an awful 10 or so seconds.

it happens to me sometimes, i am used to it though. it never lasts too long either, most I've had is like 20 seconds. One time it was really scary; I had a nightmare that I was being abducted by aliens then I woke up and couldn't move, that was an awful 10 or so seconds.

I had it for the first time in a long time last week
laugh.gif

It didn't come with the terrifying hallucinations tho, I just couldn't breathe or move my body. I thought I was gonna die, after struggling for a bit I was just like damn aite take the L.....then I took a breath and got up.

I had it for the first time in a long time last week
laugh.gif

It didn't come with the terrifying hallucinations tho, I just couldn't breathe or move my body. I thought I was gonna die, after struggling for a bit I was just like damn aite take the L.....then I took a breath and got up.

tell you room mate to stop sleeping on his back (could be hard for alot of people).. guaranteed, it will work. 
I would explain it... but I don't have time .
"

I would explain it... but I don't have time .
"

Back
Top Bottom