So how many of us Nters are on Unemployment???

Like the title asks....

I been on unemployment since December. Its really helped me out because work is just too slow right now. I work for a private construction company thatdeals with post tension. Our company went from like 60+ employees to about 15 or 20. The only reason I still have my job is because I'm the only one(apart from my boss) that knows how to do what I do. I've been working 10 hours a week, sometimes more or not even that for the past couple months.

I get $450 a week if I don't work the whole week, but if I do they balance it out with what I get from work and the $450.
I feel like I need to go back to school and I'm really going to try this year. But I just don't know for what yet.

So.... how many of you guys are receiving checks? What happened with your job and what are you doing in the meantime?

I always feel bad for people who got laid off. But why are you on unemployment if you still have a job?

I, myself, was lucky enough to keep my job AND get a $2 raise. (From $7 to $9.)

My job got hit hard. Lost my job in the beginning of december. Filed for unemployment but theyre trying to make it hard as hell to get. Still being denied now.Been looking for a job but no one is hiring.
ohwell.gif

I had my unemployment hearing over last Friday and Im waiting for the results from the judge. I feel really good about the outcome turning out in my favor.

UNEMPLOYED-i dont really need a job but i would WANT a job just to support myself

Im on unemployment because Im not working 40 hours like I used to. Sometimes 10-15 hours a week. This week I haven't worked one day so it helps out a lot.

Lets says I work 10 hours the whole week. Unemployment will pay me the rest of the money so I get a somewhat full check.

$450 is the max I can get from them. If I get a $100 check for the week from my job they give me the other $350.

Originally Posted by miamin2

I'm still employed, but my hours were cut significantly

Exactly what happened to me, that's why Im getting my unemployment checks to help out with bills and stuff.

Imagine making $650-$800 a week and now only getting maybe half and sometimes not even that..... I still got the same bills to pay and money is low.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Im on unemployment because Im not working 40 hours like I used to. Sometimes 10-15 hours a week. This week I haven't worked one day so it helps out a lot.

Lets says I work 10 hours the whole week. Unemployment will pay me the rest of the money so I get a somewhat full check.

$450 is the max I can get from them. If I get a $100 check for the week from my job they give me the other $350.

Did you know the "official" unemployment numbers don't count you?

I used to get it... then I went back to school and those !%*#% +$# !$%!+# cut me off. Seeing as how it's nearly impossible to get a job, that $450 a weekis missed dearly.

im on it. i hate not workin im a bartender at a hotel and that money is real good 200 a day or more. but in the winter we close down do to the weather (work atthe pool bar) and it get kinda cold.

i only get 548$ every 2 weeks from unemploymen at least i get something =[

^ at least its something.

Mangudai, I didn't know that. I thought everybody that was receiving unemployment checks were counted. Thats crazy because that just means there are somany more people unemployed.

hell man there is so many on right now. but i cant wait to spring so i can get bacc to work and have money.

time like this only make people stronger

funny i made a post about this the other day, i used to work at Sams Club and they laid me off 2 weeks ago and i applied for Unemployment and i didnt think iwould get approved since i was a part time worker that went to school...well i did, starting next week im getting 171.00 dollars a week 3100 is the max i canrecieve all together.. 171 doesnt sound like alot but its great for me bc i still live at home and need the money to finish paying off school.

To the OP: since your still working do they make you find like 3 jobs a week, like i got to show proof that im looking for work, job apps, job fairs, seminarsand what not

i just got out of the military and i was thinking of puttin in for it,
ive been applying for jobs left and right, but most of th ones that have gotten back to me are in the DMV area,
(i live in san antonio so moving would be ehh) i kinda wanna move but its a HUGE expense, rather find sumtn here, do that for a bit then bounce
havent put in for it cuz right no im just djing, i get paid cash most of the time so thats tax free (shhh!!) but at one spot i get paid with checks, and theymailm to me,
im thinking of dropping that and just collect while i dj and just stack up

I didn't know you could get unemployment if you don't work 40 hours. But yea I feel you on the having low hours part. I hate especially when like oneweek you get like 35 then the next like 10. I also feel you on the no job part when I took a educational leave last year I was hurtin, how much more so would Ibe now during these times

i have a job, kind of a lower end job though. all good for me though since i'm gonna be moving up soon. our contract says that our minimum hours worked aweek must be 16 hours. I'm making minimum wage which ain't that bad since it's pretty high in SF.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

^ at least its something.

Mangudai, I didn't know that. I thought everybody that was receiving unemployment checks were counted. Thats crazy because that just means there are so many more people unemployed.

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom