So I finally gave Lupe a chance...

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

Lupe to me is like an acquired taste.

You don't really rock with him at first but as time goes on, you start to enjoy him and like him a lot more than before.

At least that how it was for me.

definitely

I'm on the same boat. Once I seen him live in concert, I liked him even more.

Originally Posted by FYALADY

You right.

He's over-rated.

Gotta admit that Wayne > Lupe.

indifferent.gif

as long as u recognize his skill....u dont gotta like/listen to him...i mean..i dont like kobe..but dude is a beast!

Someone post those the lyrical break down of lupe the killer.

in my generation I see Lupe being Nas and Wayne being the Jay-Z of the 90s. Not saying their talent is the same but think and look at both artist careers andwhat they rap about and how they go about them selves. Just think.

lol @ wayne being better than Lupe....f outta here.

There is one conclusion for people who think lupe is trash or "can't listen to him"..........

SIMPLE MINDED. Period

honestly i dont like the dumb it down type $%+$ either... listen to streets on fire or the coolest or go go gadget flow

Lupe could rap circles around whoever you "get down with."

Lupe doesn't portray the traditional image of a rap star so he's not going to appeal to a traditional fanbase.

He's like Tim Duncan or something...you might not "feel him" but you gotta respect the pure skills.

I gave him a chance too, dude sucks
laugh.gif
. Just kidding, dudes a beast IMO. His flow on Put You On Game
smh.gif

Listen to:
"Coulda Been"
"Jedi mind tricks"
"Failure"
"Much More"
"Dead Presidents freestyle"

And I mean really listen to these songs and see if your opinion changes

I'm with the OP, other than a few songs here and there I don't see the hype with this guy.

Some of my friends were arguing with me saying he is in the same realm of Jay-z and blah blah and I just hit em with the
indifferent.gif

I think he is ok, but some of you stans just overrate the guy.

and so because I can't get into his music, its goes over my head and im simple minded,
roll.gif

Nt stans boy i tell you

The thing about Lupe that really sets him apart from other up and coming artist in rap, is the fact that dude has tremendous vision on his albums. Afterlistening to Food and Liquor, and The Cool, it feels as if he's created a tone and adhered to it. Whether it is dark or positive hissongs are very cinematic, a trait which is a lost element in hip-hop today. Esoteric? Definitely; however, there is no denying the amount of artistic integrityexercised in his music...Which pretty much results in a lot of people lost in his attempts.

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

Honest 2 Aikman I tried 2 like it...but I really cant rock with him...I gave his album and some otha assorted works some spins just off the recommendations that dudes be givin. I remember listenin 2 "Dumb it Down" back in the day, wondered what the $(&% he was talkin bout, stopped listening at the word "unicorn", and said I was gon ignore dude's works...but recently with the amount of riding he gets on here, I decided deadin an artist after one song wasnt a fair shot, so I d/l'ed like 30 of his songs and listened 2 em all in one day...and wasn't feelin it.

I don't get it...is there sumthin I'm missin? I mean I know he different and all, he aint on the whole "work, broads, scrilla and gunplay" tip, but do that automatically make him good? *Substitutions* be actin like he the 2nd lyrical coming of Nas or some $#!+, but 2 me he sounds like Weezy with a college degree and a NT account with the way he flow...plus his voice/delivery put me 2 sleep...I just dont understand... Did I listen wrong or sumthin?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but real talk lupe spits fire, dudes the most intelligent rapper of his generation for sure. the farenheit mixtape he did is insane, and there are very fewtracks he does that I dont like. I think dudes start sayin he's hyped just because they want to try to find somethin wrong with him. so what if tons ofpeople like him, with all the garbage hip-pop (word to binary star) out there today, I think lupes rhymes are what we all really need

"its finna get heavy as heaven, I am Atlas at this, manage to balance massive masses, upon my back without tiltin my glasses, this is not pilfered frompassage of OG's, this is so me!..."

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Agreed with goldNboi, I can appreciate his talent, and I know he's mad lyrical, but I'd rather just not listen to him.

I don't know what it is, his voice or something, but his music is just unlistenable to me.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Agreed with goldNboi, I can appreciate his talent, and I know he's mad lyrical, but I'd rather just not listen to him.

I don't know what it is, his voice or something, but his music is just unlistenable to me.

even if you don't like his voice... you're missing out on a lot of hot beats and great production.

You right.

He's over-rated.

okay here is my opinion of u.... you are a herb!! wayne is too over-rated & once again your a herb
sick.gif

Lupe is on pace to becoming a legend

Originally Posted by its Labrev

Originally Posted by Elocin023

Originally Posted by its Labrev

You right.

He's over-rated.

Ah no wonder, you're a girl.

How rude!
frown.gif

That was blasphemy though because there is no way Wayne is better than Lupe.

laugh.gif
. I'm just call them how I seem em'. There's not one girl in my area who doesn't think Lil Wayne is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pretty Much...
"Ah no wonder, you're a girl."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

** But on topic... i sorta slept on Lupe.. i used to just think he was that "Kick Push" dude.. when "The Cool" came out, i actually stoppedto listen to him.. i felt the album alot..
then my boy Peter put me onto some "Food & Liquor" and i realized how good that CD was.. but i guess Lupe is a sort of acquired taste.. Not allppl like lyrics that make you read between the lines
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom