SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

how many people would be able to afford tipping a doctor tho??

ol boy dont tip on a 200 check, how tf is he going to tip on 100k surgery???

you are a child.
Why because you can't keep up with the discussion?

Cool.

We can end it since you have to resort to name calling.

But I am the child.

Logical

how many people would be able to afford tipping a doctor tho??

ol boy dont tip on a 200 check, how tf is he going to tip on 100k surgery???
Still showing you can't follow the conversation.

Cool.

I said I don't care what they make because we are discussing the THEORY of TIPPING due to SERVICE provided. (NOT current salary / wages).

That is why I said EYE don't care how much they make.

we are discussing the THEORY of TIPPING due to SERVICE provided.

Based on THAT theory (which NT provided, not MY words), why shouldn't Drs get tipped?

Based on that theory, they probably should. But we're all typically under the assumption that doctors are well off and servers aren't, so it's on the customer to add a gratuity. It's just sort of an unwritten rule that most people follow. Most folks just follow suit. And you don't see many people tipping doctors or lawyers.

I tip my tattoo artist(s) and they making well over 3 bucks an hour. I question why sometimes, but i also want the person adding permanent markings to my body to be happy. :lol:

Based on that theory, they probably should. But we're all typically under the assumption that doctors are well off and servers aren't, so it's on the customer to add a gratuity. It's just sort of an unwritten rule that most people follow. Most folks just follow suit. And you don't see many people tipping doctors or lawyers.
That is exactly my point, we shouldn't base tipping on THAT theory.

We need to stop BS'in ourselves and admit that we tip because we are conditioned to.

We don't tip because of moral code.
We don't tip BECAUSE servers make X amount of money.
We don't tip because of service provided.

We tip because we are instructed to.

This is my gripe.

People trying to pretend it is for ANY other reason but that. ^

We need to stop BS'in ourselves and admit that we tip because we are conditioned to.

This is my gripe.

This is the only part I disagree with because I'm conscious of how much they make and it factors into how much I tip. Maybe I'm soft, but that's just how I do it.

I said I don't care what they make because we are discussing the THEORY of TIPPING due to SERVICE provided. (NOT current salary / wages).

Based on THAT theory (which NT provided, not MY words), why shouldn't Drs get tipped?

Why are you getting so riled up if that's not what you believe? We might as well tip our doctors, dentists, police officers, fireman, Apple, Google, Netflix, Nike etc... and whoever else someone feels deserves a tip. We might as well tip the owners of our favorite sports teams for providing a "service" :lol:

This is the only part I disagree with because I'm conscious of how much they make and it factors into how much I tip. Maybe I'm soft, but that's just how I do it.
No way I can tell you how you feel but I think your feelings are a by-product of the system in place.

It isn't THE reason why you tip.

You can be conscious of it, never denied folks aren't, but the main reason we tip is due to conditioning

This is my gripe.

dont include me in that. I tip because of those reasons. although i tip 20%+ 95% of the time, If the service sucks they are getting 10-15% all day but its still something for them, they did bring me food and drinks while i sat on my *** and did nothing.

people who never worked in the industry pretend like they know all the stuff you have to do and think thats its only getting a drink or bringing food from the window to the table. Its not all that.

Why are you getting so riled up if that's not what you believe? We might as well tip our doctors, dentists, police officers, fireman, Apple, Google, Netflix, Nike etc... and whoever else someone feels deserves a tip. We might as well tip the owners of our favorite sports teams for providing a "service" :lol:
Again, you aren't keeping up.

Based on Niketalk's Logic, "We tip because someone provides us a service." That was the reasoning expressed throughout this thread. Point blank period.

So I am speaking based off THAT (faulty) logic.

So based on THAT logic,

I don't think anyone should be tipped.

Or

I think everyone should be tipped.

the BULLS are not getting a single penny from me!! f that

Funny how everyone is putting their morals and opinions on american flawed system. the reason why waiters need more money is the discrepancy between wages. if it was an even playing field this discussion would not occur.

This topic will continue to happen because there is an uneven playing field.

Again, you aren't keeping up.

Based on Niketalk's Logic, "We tip because someone provides us a service." That was the reasoning expressed throughout this thread. Point blank period.

So I am speaking based off THAT (faulty) logic.

So based on THAT logic,

I don't think anyone should be tipped.

Or

I think everyone should be tipped.

I'm keeping up :lol:
Every business provides a service. Yes or no? Things aren't black or white in certain industries. If you knew a server was making $20 an hour would you feel obligated to tip :nerd:

I'm keeping up :lol:
Every business provides a service. Yes or no? Things aren't black or white in certain industries. If you knew a server was making $20 an hour would you feel obligated to tip :nerd:
EYE only tip because it is what we do as Americans.

I don't think TWICE about what someone makes Per Hour. I don't.

So if I knew a server was making $20 an hour, if the US viewed tipping the same way as we do now, I would STILL feel JUST as obligated to tip.

EYE only tip because it is what we do as Americans.

I don't think TWICE about what someone makes Per Hour. I don't.

So if I knew a server was making $20 an hour, if the US viewed tipping the same way as we do now, I would STILL feel JUST as obligated to tip.

It wouldn't happen overnight but after a while, you'd be less likely to tip if you knew that a server was making a good hourly wage.

dont include me in that. I tip because of those reasons. although i tip 20%+ 95% of the time, If the service sucks they are getting 10-15% all day but its still something for them, they did bring me food and drinks while i sat on my *** and did nothing.

people who never worked in the industry pretend like they know all the stuff you have to do and think thats its only getting a drink or bringing food from the window to the table. Its not all that.

Why would you tip bad service though? That’s rewarding mediocrity and instilling poor work ethic which will carry over to the next guests they serve.

If a good chunk of the pay from your job is dependent on tips. You should be on your A game for every table you serve. Serving requires a level of attentiveness, awareness and ability to be able to juggle tables while providing exceptional service. If a server lacks the ability to do that, maybe it’s not the job for them.

It’s even worse when you get minimal service when the place isn’t busy. That just shows lack of effort and attentiveness and that doesn’t deserve a reward or validation.

If they have to eat, that should be the kick in the butt for them to provide good service right? If the majority of your check is based off tips, that should be all the motivation you need to provide good service. I’m a bit less sympathetic though. I live in Cali where they get minimum wage plus tips out here.

I’ve tipped handsomely on crappy food but great service because the waiter/waitress busted their butt and how the food tasted was beyond their control. I’ve left no tip when the food was good but the service sucked.

people have bad days man, im sure you had a few in your life.

i always leave at least 10% no matter what.

everyone has off days, you dont know what others are going through. So i give them the benefit of the doubt

i have pretty good discretion when i should and shouldn’t leave a tip.

Last time i recently didn’t leave a tip was at dennys when the waitress caught an attitude with me cause she messed up my order and said thats what i order.

Before that i tipped at the same dennys and their wasnt no issue. The waiter was actually doing his job oppose to arguing with me.

I asked the same question before.

Jobs that require a greater risk of injury and/or jobs that require greater risks of care, why don't we tip them?

Firemens
Policemens
Doctors

They are paid with a nice salary. Servers get paid $3/hour. Can't believe this is even a question.

And bro please take the 's' off of firemen and policemen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom