SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I'm :rofl: at you complaining about paying $20 at most for a cut. Most places in 2019 charge more. Welcome to the real world.

Damn fam :smh: I’m not ready

It’s $20 for a cut and shave so I give him 30. Based off you guys responses I guess that’s not bad

On top of the fact that he gets cut only 2-3x a YEAR.

I’m saying I used to only get a few a year, now I gotta go like every 2-3 weeks. Which opened my eyes to it

Last edited:
It's bizarre how in-depth and long these convos get and it's also bizarre how a thread like this, albeit a simple matter, reeeeaaallly makes me realize how different we all are from one another.

Bruh you're gonna be some disgruntled worker's last straw :lol:

bruh, it happened to me back when I was in college, 11 years ago :smh:.

It was a friday night and all of my college friends were going to this one club(back then it was all you can drink from 5-9 for $10, then $1 bottles from 10-12) So I was pissed I had to work in the first place, so I walk into work at red lobster (so you already know the type of people that walk into red lobster and dont get the jimmies twisted if you happen to like that place but its trash but whatever). So im already late because I forgot my lighter at the house and there is no way I was going to walk into work without roasting first, its a part of the uniform for pretty much any server. I walk in, "hey you're late, we just sat you with a party of 15", so Im running my *** off for this family with refills and endless shrimp and whatnot, comes to the end of the dinner and the bill was $350+, the mother made sure she thanked me for how my service was, "oh honey you were great blah blah, this is for you" She places a bill in my hand and I didnt look because I dont want to be that guy, so I turn around and I was walking into the kitchen, I look down and its a $5 bill :rofl: so I turned right back around to the table and walked up to the mother and said "Obviously you need this more than I do, you can go **** yourself" and threw the $5 on the table. Walked in to the kitchen told the manager what I just said to the table, dropped my apron right in the middle of the kitchen, quit and went to the club for the rest of the night.

I have so many stories about working in the industry for years in college. like i said before in this thread, if you dont tip, everyone who works in that restaurant knows that you dont and your food/drinks definitely get ****ed with. thats a fact.

I have so many stories about working in the industry for years in college. like i said before in this thread, if you dont tip, everyone who works in that restaurant knows that you dont and your food/drinks definitely get ****ed with. thats a fact.
That is assuming you go somewhere on the regular, right?

It was a friday night and all of my college friends were going to this one club(back then it was all you can drink from 5-9 for $10, then $1 bottles from 10-12) So I was pissed I had to work in the first place, so I walk into work at red lobster (so you already know the type of people that walk into red lobster and dont get the jimmies twisted if you happen to like that place but its trash but whatever). So im already late because I forgot my lighter at the house and there is no way I was going to walk into work without roasting first, its a part of the uniform for pretty much any server. I walk in, "hey you're late, we just sat you with a party of 15", so Im running my *** off for this family with refills and endless shrimp and whatnot, comes to the end of the dinner and the bill was $350+, the mother made sure she thanked me for how my service was, "oh honey you were great blah blah, this is for you" She places a bill in my hand and I didnt look because I dont want to be that guy, so I turn around and I was walking into the kitchen, I look down and its a $5 bill :rofl: so I turned right back around to the table and walked up to the mother and said "Obviously you need this more than I do, you can go **** yourself" and threw the $5 on the table. Walked in to the kitchen told the manager what I just said to the table, dropped my apron right in the middle of the kitchen, quit and went to the club for the rest of the night.

That's foul as hell. I didn't even know there were servers at Red Lobster as there are none around me. Always thought it was like a Boston Market, but with seafood.

Being rude to the lady wasn't necessary but story is legend status :pimp:

When i served at Cheddar's i had this hood family that was extra needy and i figured they weren't gonna tip. Chick tried to hand me some change, i handed it right back.

Servers should just strike until the tipping protocol is changed and servers get AT LEAST minimum wage. Servers don't even get a lunch break in most restaurants :smh:

What is the protocol here?

Do most folks NOT look just so they aren't put in this type of situation?
It can be seen as kinda tacky to 'check' to see what they gave you as gratuity. It's basically seem as if you're verifying if it's adequate compensation.

Yes, i fully understand that there's nothing 'wrong' with it, as it's your money and you want to know how much you have ASAP. I'm simply informing you that it could come off as rude.

It can be seen as kinda tacky to 'check' to see what they gave you as gratuity. It's basically seem as if you're verifying if it's adequate compensation.

Yes, i fully understand that there's nothing 'wrong' with it, as it's your money and you want to know how much you have ASAP. I'm simply informing you that it could come off as rude.
I get it.

But, why are we playing DUMB.

The tip IS used as a form of verification of services provided.

This is another example of humans playing stupid mind games.

The point of the top is to REWARD. (As well as carry out a custom), to pretend it ISN'T is funny

I get it.

But, why are we playing DUMB.

The tip IS used as a form of verification of services provided.

This is another example of humans playing stupid mind games.

The point of the top is to REWARD. (As well as carry out a custom), to pretend it ISN'T is funny

I get it. Very similar to the businesses that use the money pen/hold the money to the light to see if it's real, which i find kinda rude. People are just used to following 'people' rules and businesses are just used to following 'business' rules. I wish i had a better answer.

So we're rewarding people for doing their jobs now

A person gives me food that lasts 30 min , I "tip" them
A teacher gives me knowledge that lasts a lifetime.

Should they get "tip"?

What is the protocol here?

Do most folks NOT look just so they aren't put in this type of situation?

I always waited until I got to the cash stand to check, I would have never checked in front of the table. But this time she placed it in my hand and as I was walking back I checked.

That is assuming you go somewhere on the regular, right?

dude servers are like elephants, it doesnt matter if you went there once, they dont forget.

dude servers are like elephants, it doesnt matter if you went there once, they dont forget.
I don't have experience but I would find that hard to believe considering how many folks they have come in contact with over any time span.

I don't doubt they COULD remember SOMEONE that has low-balled them in the past, but I doubt they could recall ANYONE that has low-balled them in the past.

Should they get "tip"?

They never directly answer this question. Most jobs perform a service, don't get paid what they deserve and don't get tips

Should they get "tip"?

This is why I think the tip should be worked into the bill. It will weed out a lot of folks.

Back
Top Bottom