So i got dirt on my Air Max 90 infared's. How do I clean them?

Ive always used the pillow case, in cold water, soap (arm and hammer with oxy clean) in the washer gentle cycle, air dry. Never had a problem, so I'll keepdoing it like that.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Ive always used the pillow case, in cold water, soap (arm and hammer with oxy clean) in the washer gentle cycle, air dry. Never had a problem, so I'll keep doing it like that.

does it have to be a white pillowcase?

^^ I always use a white one. I doubt it really matters though, unless you use a bold colored one ie. red, blue, green, etc......

I used to always throw my runners but I noticed after a couple of times the shoe materials shrink or the seams start to come undone. Here's what I use now:http://cgi.ebay.com/LINCO...m?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Best nylon and suede cleaner I ever used. Basically I wet the shoe and the cleaner to a rag and just rub it on the stain. After that I rinsed it all out and itcomes out hella clean.

KVN

my hoa am1's are about to go in the washer......but ima save it for later. theyre not that dirty enough to be washed YET

i wouldn't try this with just any shoe, it's only been acceptable more with the runners due to the materials used on the shoe....they are primarilymesh and suede with hardly any leather on them so the soap n water combination can pass through easily while lifting all the dirt off without any abrasion tothe material itself.
i've washed my hemp dunks in the washing machine too but again....it's not a solid material.

if you overdo it, like washing the kicks in the machine after each and every wear then....yea u can expect some noticeable damage to the materials, stitching,etc. also if u put them in the dryer....that will definitely mess the shoes up bad as well as any air unit/pocket in the shoe.
I've always used the pillow case, in cold water, soap (arm and hammer with oxy clean) in the washer gentle cycle, air dry. Never had a problem, so I'll keep doing it like that.
s dubl's method is probably the best and safest way to go about it.....that's exactly what i've done for all these years. thepillowcase is optional but recommended if u don't want the shoes to be banging around and leaving dents inside the machine, especially if u do this athome. also....most public laundromats won't let u put shoes inside the machine for that reason....gotta be a ninja to sneak it by them
nerd.gif

anyone try this with 360's? i have a pair of the infrared one time onlys that could use a good washing but always been skeptical to try it

So lemme get this straight, Ive never done this before.. But I have hoa infrared Am 90's that need a cleaning. If I take out the insoles, laces, and putboth shoes inside one white pillowcase in the washing machine (washed with cold water and on a gentle cycle) they will come out looking super clean, with NOdamage to the midsoles or airpockets???

Also, for extra cleaning power, would it be good to spray the dirty areas on the mesh with spray and wash or some cleaning agent before putting them in thewasher?

Originally Posted by Sneakerboy13

So lemme get this straight, Ive never done this before.. But I have hoa infrared Am 90's that need a cleaning. If I take out the insoles, laces, and put both shoes inside one white pillowcase in the washing machine (washed with cold water and on a gentle cycle) they will come out looking super clean, with NO damage to the midsoles or airpockets???

Also, for extra cleaning power, would it be good to spray the dirty areas on the mesh with spray and wash or some cleaning agent before putting them in the washer?

Yes you are correct sir, as I and others said before your shoe will come out clean. Make sure you stuff the toe to it's normal shape, when you sit them outto dry. No need to spray them...

Here's another tip: wash the pillowcases with towels if you're washing at home. keeps your shoes from banging up against the sides of the washer.

will this work on neon 95's?

how much oxy clean do you use?

do you put the oxyclean in the pillowcase with the shoes or outside of it in the water?

im about to do this with mine..so do i tie the pillowcase so they dont work their way out or just throw them in the pillowcase and then throw that right in thewasher?

Back
Top Bottom