So i got dirt on my Air Max 90 infared's. How do I clean them?

do you think this method will work on these jordan trunner lx's?

LXbks.jpg

also, do you have to use oxyclean, or will regular detergent work?

thanx.

Originally Posted by New York Post

Ok so they aren't concords but their my DMP XI's and they left shoe was pretty yellowed so I put them both in a white pillow case, threw some oxyclean and tide soap powder on them, and washed them on gentle cycle with cold water and whaaalaaaa!!.....................

30tm2xk.jpg

t9a5bb.jpg

2hrg19w.jpg
nerd.gif
eek.gif

I might do this to my concords but i'm scared
laugh.gif

so could i spray some spray & wash on the mesh instead of oxy clean and still get the icey white mesh?

worked great on my 95 neons, jordan trunners, and a pair of asics running shoes...

you guys think i could pull it off on some jordan 13's?

these:

010122.jpg

I rubbed my infra toebox on my car tyre the other day, you can imagine the greasy oily black mark that left onthem.

I did what i always do, i grabbed something similar to Napisan, which is a standard laundry soaker powder, if in the u.s.anything that whitens and brightens that isn't bleach and is coloursafe. You can find them in the laundry powder section of any store.

I dripped a little water on the toebox, then sprinkled the powder over the area then rubbed it in to form a paste.

Left it until the next day then rubbed it off with my finger, results: Brand new again.

For those that want to wash the whole shoe and use the machine method remember to ALWAYS use a pillow case, just becauseothers get away with it doesn;'t mean you will.

And always use a top loader, or you'll break the rotor on your machine.

I use the machine on beat shoes, for my fresh ones i just fill a sink with warm watcher and the laundry soaker and put myshoes in upside down and let them soak overnight, rince them and let them dry.

Done.

i just had to let y'all know:

i washed a pair of neon '95's (a '99 retro, pretty beat), a pair of jordan trunners, and a pair of jordan 13's, and they all turned outlovely...

pretreated them with spray and wash and scrubbed it in good with an old toothbrush, and ran 'em through on delicate (had to give 'em an extra spinthough because they were too wet the first time), and they're all good...

i've got a frontloader, $1,000 machine, so i hope i didn't screw anything up (the jordan 13's wouldn't ever spin as fast as they were supposedto, i think they were throwing it off balance, so i threw a couple tee-shirts in there with 'em and that did the trick)...

Originally Posted by Genius44

Has anybody done this with Structure Triax's?
I have. Worked like a charm.

Didn't get the shoes to look entirely DS but they did come out looking cleaner.

Just put my Structure Triax 91 Infrared, Air Max 180 Ultramarine and Air Max 360 white/red and they all turned out amazing.

I would suggest using a liquid detergent with colorsafe bleach for any white mesh.

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Would this method of cleaning work for 97 rainbow luxs?
Yes, separate pillow cases for each shoe to protect finish.

Originally Posted by s dubl

throw em in the washing machine inside of a pillow case.
co-sign

have had very good results also with that:
not exactly mesh but anyway

before:

after

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Ok so they aren't concords but their my DMP XI's and they left shoe was pretty yellowed so I put them both in a white pillow case, threw some oxyclean and tide soap powder on them, and washed them on gentle cycle with cold water and whaaalaaaa!!.....................

30tm2xk.jpg

t9a5bb.jpg

2hrg19w.jpg
nerd.gif
eek.gif

I might do this to my concords but i'm scared
laugh.gif
I'm scared too. I don't want to ruin mine

30tm2xk.jpg
did you stuff the toe box inside when you did this?

^to an extent, of it's really dirty and worn, it may rub off some of the leather that is there or soften it up a bit, i have some air maxes that HASleather on it, and it seemed fine, like Hot lime 90s and some older 95s, but as long as you dry it asap so the water doesn't soak and mess up your kicksyou should be ok, and of course PILLOW CASE

im gonna try my columbia 11s this weekend... ill let everyone know how things turn out
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mixednuts

im gonna try my columbia 11s this weekend... ill let everyone know how things turn out
smile.gif
your 11s are beat, what do you have to lose? lol

Back
Top Bottom