So I may be doing some time...

man i have a real hard time feeling sorry for you. You knew that it was against the law to have marijuana & a weapon. They already helped you out by notpursuing the weapons charge. So dont try to get all mad at the judicial system after the fact. you should be mad at yourself for being dumb enough to break thelaw & expect them to go easy on you when you get caught.

never been hit w/ anything like that.. i don't smoke. borderline prude i am
indifferent.gif

but my moms does.. and i fear one day she might get caught up
that would blow my life
tired.gif

but i'm pretty sure the police have better things to do then to lock up 50 year old potheads..

wish you the best tho

I wish I had some advice....

I will say this though, you are one of the few who I can honestly say make NT enjoyable, I hope this situation works out for you man.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

man i have a real hard time feeling sorry for you. You knew that it was against the law to have marijuana & a weapon. They already helped you out by not pursuing the weapons charge. So dont try to get all mad at the judicial system after the fact. you should be mad at yourself for being dumb enough to break the law & expect them to go easy on you when you get caught.

I'm not asking for anyones sympathy, so save it. As I stated in my first post I am ready to face the consequences. I still believe however that the statehas better things to do than go after "50 yr old potheads" as Jawny so eloquently stated (I'm 22
laugh.gif
).

BTW, heres the kicker the dude who pulled the pistol was never caught nor were any of the individuals whom were involved in the altercation. The bud wasntmine, it was my boys. The officer asked me first whose weed it was so I took the wrap, I wasn't going to dime him out. I didn't even smoke the night ofthe altercation, fam had some straight garbage schwag....I stick to piffery.

Another kicker....A party goer identified my boy as the man who started the fight in the first place, he did not....HE got hit with a felony assault chargewhich he had to fight to exhaustion to get dropped.
roll.gif
Good job 5-0.

SneakerHeathen wrote:
Hope everything works out pretty Ok for you man...

It's pretty ludicrous that you've payed your lawyer 9g's already though and he cant even guarantee you anything...makes you wonder who the realcrook is...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Furthermore, i'm sure if you reveal that you're education is your priority and has always been, evidenced by the fact that you've already payedyour tuition, they might "pity" you and let you go with minimal consequences.

W/E happens my man, good luck with everything...

i dont know about the laws in arizona but how did the cops end up finding the stuff, u agree to let them search your car or did they smell the stuff???

Damn man i remember your original thread. I cant believe you had to blow 9 racks on this so far to be honest. I mean i knew the incident looked bad but i wassure that you would get it dropped after going to court. Sounds like the weapon charge dropped like i thought but that damn weed charge, plus AZ is damn nearthe worst state to have weed in your possession.

wish i could offer up some advice, sucks to say but i think your lawyer is getting over on you. I know thats the last thing you want to hear but i rememberyour story pretty well and i just feel like you should have gotten off with either nothing or a straight slap on the wrist.

I remember your story as a fellow 22yr old "pothead" I feel for you...I heard about AZ notoriously strict weed laws and locking people up fornothing...I am totally with you on the ridiculousness off locking people up for nothing...no thinks anything of it until the system takes them in for somethingthat isn't harming anyone...and to think the system is "doing you a favor" for letting you slide on the gun charge (which is registered to you)but ready to put you in for at least 6 months for some harmless pot is ridiculous of course they didn't pursue the charges that would have been an easy winfor you...the drug charge in AZ is whats next to impossible to beat...use your education and do what you can and hope for mercy and hopefully you don't endup in tent city doing slave labor for pennies on the dollar
smh.gif

decriminalization ftw...anyone that smokes should support that....as well as any informed person that doesn't smoke because there is no rational reason forit to be a schedule one drug

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

i dont know about the laws in arizona but how did the cops end up finding the stuff, u agree to let them search your car or did they smell the stuff???

They could smell it. Plus as soon as the cop came to the window he "knew" (assumed) that I had a pistol.

Read Beccaria's book "On Crimes and Punishments" Dude was real intelligent, a major fact he states in the book is that punishments should fit thecrime and cause people to learn from their mistakes and become "rehabilitated" by placing you into the prison system money is spent on yourincarceration that should be going to rehabilitating other Violent criminal offenders. This is where our judicial system is flawed regardless of whether thelawmakers wish to admit it.

Off topic here tho, but have you guys ever sat and thought about how the laws for prescription drug abuse are much lower than that of lets say crack? This is abig inequality to those on the lower economic scale, because in the "hood" no one can afford pills like Zanax.

Calm down, you aren't going to jail, you're getting probation.

Your lawyer has your back, chances are he's working on a deal with the DA and it won't go to trail. You may sign a deal for a misdemeanor or something.Don't stress, it's only a little bud.

You are going to get probation. I can tell you that now. So get ready to not be able to smoke for 6 months - 1 year. Just get ready for some boring classesthough.

You can actually get the case thrown out if you do what you are told.

Also, you said you were in Arizona and they treat dro driving the same as drunk driving, you are going to get a day, if not that, nothing.

Just be ready for probation or deferred adjudication.

You are in Arizona, they are going to aim their resources down south...the border. You just happen to fall through the cracks of zero tolerance policy.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Your lawyer has your back, chances are he's working on a deal with the DA and it won't go to trail. You may sign a deal for a misdemeanor or something. Don't stress, it's only a little bud.

You are going to get probation. I can tell you that now. So get ready to not be able to smoke for 6 months - 1 year. Just get ready for some boring classes though.

Also, you said you were in Arizona and they treat dro driving the same as drunk driving, you are going to get a day, if not that, nothing.

You are in Arizona, they are going to aim their resources down south...the border. You just happen to fall through the cracks of zero tolerance policy.
You dont know man...Arpaio is a %#$@, I hope you like wearing pink!

Your lawyer has your back, chances are he's working on a deal with the DA and it won't go to trail. You may sign a deal for a misdemeanor or something. Don't stress, it's only a little bud.

You are going to get probation. I can tell you that now. So get ready to not be able to smoke for 6 months - 1 year. Just get ready for some boring classes though.

Wasn't smoking though, I don't touch reggie bud. I wasn't driving either my boy was driving. I just ate the charge for my boy.

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

*Shrug* Its whatever...

Quick question though...

If I feel like my lawyer isn't giving it his all can I get my money back or make an issue of it in court?

Originally Posted by PersianBalla

Read Beccaria's book "On Crimes and Punishments" Dude was real intelligent, a major fact he states in the book is that punishments should fit the crime and cause people to learn from their mistakes and become "rehabilitated" by placing you into the prison system money is spent on your incarceration that should be going to rehabilitating other Violent criminal offenders. This is where our judicial system is flawed regardless of whether the lawmakers wish to admit it.

Off topic here tho, but have you guys ever sat and thought about how the laws for prescription drug abuse are much lower than that of lets say crack? This is a big inequality to those on the lower economic scale, because in the "hood" no one can afford pills like Zanax.
Don't speak on something you are not in. Your statement alone proved that you don't know 9/10's of what's going on in the"hood". Trust me, drugs get used everywhere, pills are cheap. Xanax has a street value of ...if you know you know...nationwide average. Crack varieswith many chemicals and how messed up the dealers mind really is. People take pills in the hood all day. Pills are cheaper than crack. They are easy to get.They are easy to use. I beleive in North Carolina there are a few controlled's that you can pick up with just your ID if you are over 25 but I can'tvouch for that.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

*Shrug* Its whatever...

Quick question though...

If I feel like my lawyer isn't giving it his all can I get my money back or make an issue of it in court?

Yup

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

*Shrug* Its whatever...

Quick question though...

Yup

Good...

Phillips and Associates = the worst attorneys you can possibly buy in AZ, just a heads up. Dudes are thieves for real...

I had paid 4.9k initially and agreed to pay another 1.5k if it went to trial. Lo and behold they lied and said I owed them another 2.1k....THIEVES...

You can get a new lawyer, just print out some reviews from the BBB about them and show your parents if they are the ones handling the situation financially.Find a new lawyer, you don't want to be screwed just by not having a good legal representation. Here in TX, for your case, you could spend about $5,000 andbe done, the pistol made it expensive. The fact it happened in your car.

But yeah, if you don't feel comfortable with your lawyer, just get a new one if you don't owe the old one, the new one will reset the date andeverything. If you didn't have that gun, a court appointed would have worked in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom