So i went to the gym today and found a few things in the locker room

Not to sound like a jerk, but if your going to leave an iphone, watch, and ring in a locker....how about investing in a lock? Jeez I don't care if dude was still working out or not, if you leave just those three items in a locker with no lock, you deserve to get hijacked.

Props for attempting to turn the items over to the gym staff....now enjoy your new pickups.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Couldn't have been someone's stuff who was still there at the time?

NO because, guess what? I left the stuff there, came back 2 hours later, and they were still there. I guess i shoulda just left the stuff there for the next man to take

You did the right thing IMO.

All these people in here acting like they wouldn't have done the same thing as you are kidding themselves.

Exactly why I hate posts like these. Nters always act like saints and preach do the right thing when half of them would not take their own advice, if they were in the position.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

doosta45 said:
man when i worked at uhaul and cleaned the trucks out and found stuff. id pocket it easy. id only give the stuff back if the customer came back and asked for it. i once called a customer because he left his bb in the car. i told him to his face that he was lucky it was a verizon phone because if it was att or tmo i wouldnt have called you. he gave me a
indifferent.gif
i gave him a
grin.gif
with a *kanye shrug*.

what kind of ******ed mentality is this...
how is it ******ed fam? the phone was no use to me, so i gave it back. if the phone would have served me a purpose (being able to use it) i would have kept it like the number of other things i found in trucks/cars.

That stuff aint yours man, do this:

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Just put lost items found..... and put your cell phone number down on wall or something so who ever it is they will call your phone. Also dont write what items on the paper. Just put lost items and call and describe the items. that way no random person can just claim it.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

That stuff aint yours man, do this:

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Just put lost items found..... and put your cell phone number down on wall or something so who ever it is they will call your phone. Also dont write what items on the paper. Just put lost items and call and describe the items. that way no random person can just claim it.

yeah cuz some random bum can call you and ask for that ++*+ back...

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

I'd keep the watch and try and ebay it and get something like a Nixon/Vestal but I'd give back the ring.

I'd feel like a scumbag to pawn a wedding ring, its huge symbolism to some people and means a lot.
And if the watch has sentimental value?

Why don't some of y'all believe others would do the "right" thing in the situation and try to find the owner?  Just because you'd be incapable of doing that?

I don't know, I look at it like I'd want to have my stuff returned to me and I'm not the rightful owner of it, regardless of whether I found it or not, so I'd make a legitimate effort to find whoever it belonged to.  If it goes a while after that and nobody claims it, then fine, there's not much you can do.  It's just a little sad that some of you immediately see dollar signs from someone else's misfortune.

ALL I'm saying is that HOW YOU KNOW it wasn't someone's stuff who was still in the gym?  I live in an area RIPE with meat head guidos.   Two hours you claim you waited for someone to claim it? Them meatheads spend all day in the gym.  Maybe that stuff wasn't touched cause people knew better than to take that dude's stuff.  Granted it should have been lock, your use of "find" is questionable.  That stuff ain't yours!!  Karma is not on your side right now.   

if you dont return that stuff its not gonna be a good look for you when karma bites you in the butt
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Gello 201

ALL I'm saying is that HOW YOU KNOW it wasn't someone's stuff who was still in the gym?  I live in an area RIPE with meat head guidos.   Two hours you claim you waited for someone to claim it? Them meatheads spend all day in the gym.  Maybe that stuff wasn't touched cause people knew better than to take that dude's stuff.  Granted it should have been lock, your use of "find" is questionable.  That stuff ain't yours!!  Karma is not on your side right now.   

I'll just say this, who goes to the gym, puts only their WATCH AND RING in the locker, unlocked, then leaves to work out.

Alota ya'll starting to sound REAL salty....

Only thing funny right now is all the PMs im getting. Lol.

they was probably trying to set you up fam.

who leaves an iphone, no sim card, restored to og, cleared in an unlocked locker.

think about it

Originally Posted by doosta45

they was probably trying to set you up fam.

who leaves an iphone, no sim card, restored to og, cleared in an unlocked locker.

think about it
yall gon have me throw them things over the river tmrw!

Im done for the night, thought i came up, lol

You should put up a bulletin for the lost items and after 2 weeks if no responses just keep the stuff.
Half the people saying your wrong for taking the stuff wouldn't have even tried to turn them in.

Possible wedding ring is no joke. Who knows guy might have money and throw you some for returning his stuff. Stuff don't look to cheap. Just me tho.

Keep it man, look at it this way if you were to lose your phone you think whoever found it will give it back?

ps. how much for the iphone?

Originally Posted by 1boredzombie

look at it this way if you were to lose your phone you think whoever found it will give it back?

jesus christ. you are either 7 years old or a troll cause that statement is the exact opposite of awesome.

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by Gello 201

I'll just say this, who goes to the gym, puts only their WATCH AND RING in the locker, unlocked, then leaves to work out.
Someone who came to the gym wearing a velour tracksuit + jewelry. And you know who those types are. The phone was used for "business".

laugh.gif
i mos def would not have even went to the lost and found, i would have left to go put the stuff on ebay. the other day this chick dropped $80 in the store and i pocketed it with the quickness, when she came back looking for it better believe i didn't say +@%*. that's just me though i don't believe in that karma bs.

Back
Top Bottom