So if Jordans were cheap.......

I'll get any OG jordans wit good quality if it was cheap, anythang else.....
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif

if og release j's were cheap, they wouldn't be anymore. it's kinda like old baseball cards, or comic books. they were like 10-15 cents, now someare worth $$$$$. people would probably still buy them, but they would abuse them b/c they're so cheap. then the amount of ds shoes would be more rare,therefore driving up the re-sell

lol... why do is some folks comin in talking about "yall dont lie. yall know yall wouldntt"...lol... the first 4 posts are like that... give somefolks a chance to answer...

me personally... i wouldnt... if they still had the quality like the originals and retros before 05, they'd still be solid hoopin shoes... but i wouldntbreak my neck for them...

here's a question that goes a lil deeper... if Jays were 50 percent cheaper, so on average, around 50-80 bucks... would that be considered"expensive" to the urban market?... i mean... Jays are cheap compared to high dollar dress shoes... so... would the Jordan's still be consideredthe high dollar athletic shoe?

how would the fakes industry run... would they're even be fakes?... or would people just cop regulars no problem... soooo many questions... so lil time...lol...

Ill still break out a pair of "chucks" here and again ,and there cheap, so yeah Id be wearing J's still ,as long as they go hard imo , thats allthat matters ,, ----->>F*** HYPE.......

Im sorry but this question just seems really stupid to me. Well if a Labo was cheap, would nobody want one? If a 4 bedroon house was cheap, would everyone buya loft instead? Jordan's are expensive because they are high quality (that is debatable) top of the line basketball sneakers and there is a high demand forthem and a relative low supply of them. Supply and demand is very simple, if demand goes down and supply stays the same, price goes down. If demand goes up andsupply stays the same, price goes up. I guess what I am getting at is that a lot of people like Jordans, so if they were cheap they would not be for very long,their price would go up. Simple economics

Originally Posted by veGAtts

Originally Posted by abernja

99% of everyone here wouldn't.

If a Porsche was at the same price point as say the most basic model Kia then they wouldn't be special anymore. If would just be an overproduced car that everybody has. This is what happened to the Mustang imo. It used to be a car people wanted, now everybody has one and they're not as well made. Just another car on the road.

Same question can be reversed. If Kanye wore the Nike Dart VI (barely a shoe worth $29) and they hyperstriked a Kanye exclusive cw 99% of NT would buy. Overpriced garbage (which is what the real Yeezy's are) is what you're getting. You can pass on most Jordans if you think about how poorly made they are now. If you say otherwise you've never owned any OG's.

I know I've said a bunch of random stuff that prob doesn't make sense. Been a long day and I'm tired.
Most everybody else is in denial.

If Jordans had never been expensive and thus "hard to get" this whole board would be different, probably wouldn't exist at all.

You can pretend you are above it all, and you just love Jordan the person or the shoe designs and the price and exclusivity does not affect you, but you are wrong. When Jordans started coming up as a sneak phenomenon their price point was a huge deal. These were sneakers that really cost twice as much as other sneakers. There is no way they were actually worth twice as much, they were just marked at that price because they were marketed and Jordan was popular enough to get away with it. But that price also made them more special. People always want what they cant have.

This is the same principle Nike and JB have been using for years with limited releases. The more limited something is the more people will want it. Sure supply and demand are at work, but the less supply there is of something, the stronger the demand becomes compared to what it would have been if it were easy to get. This is true for pretty much everything in life, not just shoes, don't feel bad because you have been manipulated, it's just human nature.

A lot of these current shoe collectors were born into a world where Jordan shoes already had a mystique, a reputation about them that made them special. A lot of that comes from the fact that they are expensive, they are "cool" because they are hard to get. It is just like the Porche example, you can say that you love the design and quality of a Porche, and maybe you do. But guess what, most people don't know that much about cars, but they still know that a Porche is special and "cool" and more of that is based on the fact that they are expensive and hard to get than any other factor. Don't kid yourself.
church. its

If they dropped below a 100, no lie, I prob wouldnt cop anymore, everyone and their mom would be rocking em and they wouldnt be special. people will lie andsay they dont care, but again theyre lying

Porsche btw

Lol @ people sayin they woulnt cop if J's were cheap when ur @ss coped every color in vans
roll.gif

every one would have a lot of pairs....
i hate vans
mad.gif

you have a point because people kow there expensive so they see you with them and give you some love for the shoe game but for i will still cop because i buywhat i like

That just shows half of you only buy them because they are rare, which is pretty sad. And im sure alot of you only buy them to resell them which is even moresad. Shows you have no love to the jordan shoe game and only want them to make money or use it as a symbol

i didnt want to reply again, but people are not understanding.

I keep seeing people say "I buy what I like I don't care if they were cheap"

What they dont realize is part of what makes people, including you, like them is that they are known as NOT cheap.

People on this board always seem to have a hard time looking at things any way other than their stubborn point of view.
If Jordans had NEVER BEEN expensive, they simply would never have been the phenomenon that they were.
If they weren't the phenomenon, they would not be that special, and YOU wouldnt like them as much.

No matter what anybody says, basic human nature/psychology: PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS WANT WHAT IS MORE DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN

When something is difficult to obtain, that extra work needed to obtain it is psychologically added to the inherent value.

So, when Jordans first started out the fact that they were expensive gave them a HIGHER PERCEIVED VALUE, not only to those that had them, but also for thosethat didn't. In this way, the shoes gained more worth than usual. No matter how special your mom told you you were, you are no exception, this perceivedvalue DOES PLAY A PART IN YOUR DECISION MAKING. Part of what makes people, in general, like Jordans is the sense that they are "above" regularsneakers.

Deny what you want, but I promise. If JB released a nice solid retro of a very popular shoe, say the concord 11s (insert your favorite shoe model/colorway)every year, en masse, and dropped the price to $50 a lot of you would eventually stop looking at them as grails. That doesnt mean you dont love the design, orwhatever other reason you love that shoe. But if they were limitless in supply and cheap to buy, they would lose some of their allure. There's nothingwrong with that, that is how humans work, stop being so defensive.

PS - People buy fakes because they are cheap and SEEM the same. There are even cheaper options, but Jordans have the PERCEIVED value of being rare andexpensive, fakes have the same perceived value to people that dont know better, so they are bought cheap but they are wanted because they are "thesame" as the expensive ones, my point is the expensiveness influences the initial wanting of the shoe in the first place.

itll change the perspective if was sold at 15 bucks.... low price like that will make the consumer think the shoe is made of cheap quality (but that doesntstop some consumers from buying crap jordans at a ridiculous prices these days)... it will also make them not as special because everyone will have them...good question though

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by abernja

99% of everyone here wouldn't.

If a Porsche was at the same price point as say the most basic model Kia then they wouldn't be special anymore. If would just be an overproduced car that everybody has. This is what happened to the Mustang imo. It used to be a car people wanted, now everybody has one and they're not as well made. Just another car on the road.

Same question can be reversed. If Kanye wore the Nike Dart VI (barely a shoe worth $29) and they hyperstriked a Kanye exclusive cw 99% of NT would buy. Overpriced garbage (which is what the real Yeezy's are) is what you're getting. You can pass on most Jordans if you think about how poorly made they are now. If you say otherwise you've never owned any OG's.

I know I've said a bunch of random stuff that prob doesn't make sense. Been a long day and I'm tired.
Most everybody else is in denial.

If Jordans had never been expensive and thus "hard to get" this whole board would be different, probably wouldn't exist at all.

You can pretend you are above it all, and you just love Jordan the person or the shoe designs and the price and exclusivity does not affect you, but you are wrong. When Jordans started coming up as a sneak phenomenon their price point was a huge deal. These were sneakers that really cost twice as much as other sneakers. There is no way they were actually worth twice as much, they were just marked at that price because they were marketed and Jordan was popular enough to get away with it. But that price also made them more special. People always want what they cant have.

This is the same principle Nike and JB have been using for years with limited releases. The more limited something is the more people will want it. Sure supply and demand are at work, but the less supply there is of something, the stronger the demand becomes compared to what it would have been if it were easy to get. This is true for pretty much everything in life, not just shoes, don't feel bad because you have been manipulated, it's just human nature.

A lot of these current shoe collectors were born into a world where Jordan shoes already had a mystique, a reputation about them that made them special. A lot of that comes from the fact that they are expensive, they are "cool" because they are hard to get. It is just like the Porche example, you can say that you love the design and quality of a Porche, and maybe you do. But guess what, most people don't know that much about cars, but they still know that a Porche is special and "cool" and more of that is based on the fact that they are expensive and hard to get than any other factor. Don't kid yourself.
i told yall i wasnt gonna lie
laugh.gif

its the truth tho...

lol seriously if jordans were cheap i will not buy as many. maybe a few but i am 100% not as many lol... Its like expensive limited things catch my attention.

i didnt want to reply again, but people are not understanding.

I keep seeing people say "I buy what I like I don't care if they were cheap"

What they dont realize is part of what makes people, including you, like them is that they are known as NOT cheap.

People on this board always seem to have a hard time looking at things any way other than their stubborn point of view.
If Jordans had NEVER BEEN expensive, they simply would never have been the phenomenon that they were.
If they weren't the phenomenon, they would not be that special, and YOU wouldnt like them as much.

No matter what anybody says, basic human nature/psychology: PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS WANT WHAT IS MORE DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN

When something is difficult to obtain, that extra work needed to obtain it is psychologically added to the inherent value.

So, when Jordans first started out the fact that they were expensive gave them a HIGHER PERCEIVED VALUE, not only to those that had them, but also for those that didn't. In this way, the shoes gained more worth than usual. No matter how special your mom told you you were, you are no exception, this perceived value DOES PLAY A PART IN YOUR DECISION MAKING. Part of what makes people, in general, like Jordans is the sense that they are "above" regular sneakers.

Deny what you want, but I promise. If JB released a nice solid retro of a very popular shoe, say the concord 11s (insert your favorite shoe model/colorway) every year, en masse, and dropped the price to $50 a lot of you would eventually stop looking at them as grails. That doesnt mean you dont love the design, or whatever other reason you love that shoe. But if they were limitless in supply and cheap to buy, they would lose some of their allure. There's nothing wrong with that, that is how humans work, stop being so defensive.

PS - People buy fakes because they are cheap and SEEM the same. There are even cheaper options, but Jordans have the PERCEIVED value of being rare and expensive, fakes have the same perceived value to people that dont know better, so they are bought cheap but they are wanted because they are "the same" as the expensive ones, my point is the expensiveness influences the initial wanting of the shoe in the first place.

Speak for your self,, Not everyone on the board is a hypebeast..............
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom