So INCEPTION is One of the BEST Movies I have ever seen... Vol. Christopher "The Man" Nolan

Originally Posted by ekon one

Noskey wrote:
ekon one wrote:
**SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS OR GIVE THEIR OWN THEORY TO HELP SETTLE A DEBATE**:

How come Leo and Juno both were able to get into Limbo without killing themselves? I'm a pretty smart guy, but did I miss something? Currently I'm standing by the idea this is a major plot hole.

I think they went into Leo's dream together, not limbo. Then from there, Juno jumped off the building to get out of that dream, but Leo stayed behind to die with the collapsing building. Then he went into limbo alone.

But I'd need to see that whole scene again to be sure.

Nope, they (Juno and Leo) BOTH went into Limbo together as can be seen from the graphic above and it's stated in the movie. The contradiction and major plot hole is that Fisher had died and entered limbo. According to the facts presented in the movie he should have been in Limbo and not accesible to Leo and Juno unless they killed themselves in the third dream, which they did not. Leo and Juno SHOULD HAVE both entered a fourth dream through the "shared dream device", not Limbo.
UnbornSeed wrote:
ekon one wrote:

They plugged into a machine to get to the next dream. Only one in Limbo was Leo when he dies in the van underwater.

Keeping the discussion mature, I don't think you understood this part of the movie. It's clearly stated in the movie that Leo and Juno both entered Limbo after leaving the third dream, I'm backed up by the graphic posted as well. 

Again, I could in fact be the one who was mistaken and missed or misunderstood something in the movie, but I believe I haven't. I think this plot hole actually collapses the whole movie in on itself... 
grin.gif
. Anyone else have any other theories/information I may not have touched upon?

I watched it twice and I know for a fact that leo and juno hooked themselves to the machine to follow mal. whether that was limbo or not they didnt die so they couldn't have gone to limbo. From my grasp of the movie...leo dies in the van so he goes into limbo after saito.

Noskey wrote:
ekon one wrote:
**SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS OR GIVE THEIR OWN THEORY TO HELP SETTLE A DEBATE**:

How come Leo and Juno both were able to get into Limbo without killing themselves? I'm a pretty smart guy, but did I miss something? Currently I'm standing by the idea this is a major plot hole.

I think they went into Leo's dream together, not limbo. Then from there, Juno jumped off the building to get out of that dream, but Leo stayed behind to die with the collapsing building. Then he went into limbo alone.

Nope, they (Juno and Leo) BOTH went into Limbo together as can be seen from the graphic above and it's stated in the movie. The contradiction and major plot hole is that Fisher had died and entered limbo. According to the facts presented in the movie he should have been in Limbo and not accesible to Leo and Juno unless they killed themselves in the third dream, which they did not. Leo and Juno SHOULD HAVE both entered a fourth dream through the "shared dream device", not Limbo.
UnbornSeed wrote:
ekon one wrote:

They plugged into a machine to get to the next dream. Only one in Limbo was Leo when he dies in the van underwater.

Keeping the discussion mature, I don't think you understood this part of the movie. It's clearly stated in the movie that Leo and Juno both entered Limbo after leaving the third dream, I'm backed up by the graphic posted as well. 

Again, I could in fact be the one who was mistaken and missed or misunderstood something in the movie, but I believe I haven't. I think this plot hole actually collapses the whole movie in on itself... 
grin.gif

I watched it twice and I know for a fact that leo and juno hooked themselves to the machine to follow mal. whether that was limbo or not they didnt die so they couldn't have gone to limbo. From my grasp of the movie...leo dies in the van so he goes into limbo after saito.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Noskey wrote:
ekon one wrote:

UnbornSeed wrote:
ekon one wrote:

grin.gif

i knew it, i kept reading comments all over the internet say that that they were in limbo but i kept questioning it because im pretty sure i remember seeing them (leo and ellen) connect themselves and fisher to another one of those machines in the third level, on top of that they revived fisher on the third level so he couldnt have been dead and if he were in limbo he'd probably be old(er) by the time they came to rescue him

i was positive that they came up with that 4th dream level on the fly, but i wasnt totally sure because people kept referring to it as limbo, thanks for pointing it out

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Noskey wrote:
ekon one wrote:

UnbornSeed wrote:
ekon one wrote:

grin.gif

i knew it, i kept reading comments all over the internet say that that they were in limbo but i kept questioning it because im pretty sure i remember seeing them (leo and ellen) connect themselves and fisher to another one of those machines in the third level, on top of that they revived fisher on the third level so he couldnt have been dead and if he were in limbo he'd probably be old(er) by the time they came to rescue him

i was positive that they came up with that 4th dream level on the fly, but i wasnt totally sure because people kept referring to it as limbo, thanks for pointing it out

2.5 hours of my neck hurting. horrible intro to the movie. they just throw you in there and expect you to get it...i guess you need to know the storyline before watching this movie.

2.5 hours of my neck hurting. horrible intro to the movie. they just throw you in there and expect you to get it...i guess you need to know the storyline before watching this movie.

reading all these interpretations and theories is turning my brain into mush
laugh.gif

im just gonna watch it again and not care if its reality or not. cobb didnt, and neither will i
pimp.gif

reading all these interpretations and theories is turning my brain into mush
laugh.gif

im just gonna watch it again and not care if its reality or not. cobb didnt, and neither will i
pimp.gif

i really enjoyed this movie.. easily made some top list of movies for me.. just havnt figured that out yet.. hah

i really enjoyed this movie.. easily made some top list of movies for me.. just havnt figured that out yet.. hah

Originally Posted by JrockNIKErock

That's the point. You never know the beginning of a dream. You are always thrown in one. Do you ever recall the beginning of any of your dreams? (this was stated by Leo in the movie and I agree with him)
Since we are talking movies though, so you like movies that start off with a birth of a child and you get to see that child develop? 

Originally Posted by JrockNIKErock

That's the point. You never know the beginning of a dream. You are always thrown in one. Do you ever recall the beginning of any of your dreams? (this was stated by Leo in the movie and I agree with him)
Since we are talking movies though, so you like movies that start off with a birth of a child and you get to see that child develop? 

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

ohh and how did michael caine get to the airport in the end so fast? he was teaching in paris and then shows up in the states?

Just gets thrown into the dream theory

Dom did leave presents for his children with Caine's character, maybe he went back to drop off the presents and to see his grandchildren.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

ohh and how did michael caine get to the airport in the end so fast? he was teaching in paris and then shows up in the states?

Just gets thrown into the dream theory

Dom did leave presents for his children with Caine's character, maybe he went back to drop off the presents and to see his grandchildren.

I find it funny in Shutter Island you can tell if Leo was crazy cuz of the significance of the use of Fire in some scenes. And in Inception you can tell if he was dreaming or not by the significance of Water in some scenes. Brilliant!!!

I find it funny in Shutter Island you can tell if Leo was crazy cuz of the significance of the use of Fire in some scenes. And in Inception you can tell if he was dreaming or not by the significance of Water in some scenes. Brilliant!!!

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Bhupy

I have a question. I feel like I'm reaching to much, but someone tell me how they feel about this.

How come when Adriane goes in to Cobb's dreams and takes the elevator all the way down to the last floor. How come Mal is in the room at the time? While when Cobb is telling Adriane what happened during their anniversary that Mal is never in the room and is instead in a room opposite of Cobb.

I just think it's weird that she isn't in the room at the time. Am I in left field with this one. Or do I have a point?

what?

shes in the opposite room because thats just a flashback, thats NOT a memory being experienced through dreaming, its reality being displayed through a flashback

shes in the room at first because she's INSIDE a cobbs dream which is actually a memory of his which he ha can alter subconciously, she's subconsiously there because he wants her there, shes there because he feels guilty about what happened and he feels that she blames him (which may or may not be true) and in that room is where he feels subconsciously she blames him which is exactly what ellen paige sees her doing
That makes sense. I understand that when she is in the opposite room he is giving us a flashback.
For the other scene that makes sense now. For some reason I wanted to think they were supposed to be the same scene (her across from the room Cobb is in).

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Bhupy

I have a question. I feel like I'm reaching to much, but someone tell me how they feel about this.

How come when Adriane goes in to Cobb's dreams and takes the elevator all the way down to the last floor. How come Mal is in the room at the time? While when Cobb is telling Adriane what happened during their anniversary that Mal is never in the room and is instead in a room opposite of Cobb.

I just think it's weird that she isn't in the room at the time. Am I in left field with this one. Or do I have a point?

what?

shes in the opposite room because thats just a flashback, thats NOT a memory being experienced through dreaming, its reality being displayed through a flashback

shes in the room at first because she's INSIDE a cobbs dream which is actually a memory of his which he ha can alter subconciously, she's subconsiously there because he wants her there, shes there because he feels guilty about what happened and he feels that she blames him (which may or may not be true) and in that room is where he feels subconsciously she blames him which is exactly what ellen paige sees her doing
That makes sense. I understand that when she is in the opposite room he is giving us a flashback.
For the other scene that makes sense now. For some reason I wanted to think they were supposed to be the same scene (her across from the room Cobb is in).

Originally Posted by JZero23

Can someone explain the reason why being in Limbo is so bad? Once you're down there, you just have to kill yourself then you are back to your normal self. Dude and his wife put their heads on the train tracks. The girl and the business guy both jumped off the building and woke up in level 3. He found the Japanese dude and they both shot themselves with the gun on the table.

So what's so bad about being in "limbo"? Too many plot holes in this movie.

It was a great movie, but it seemed like they wrote it as they went along, instead of thinking things through. If you can't die in a dream within a dream because you will be in limbo, but then if you die in limbo you are sent back, then what is there to worry about?

You may be able to kill yourself and get back to "reality"--but when you're stuck in limbo, you're so deep into the dream you may never realize you're dreaming-- you're lost for eternity. Saito and Mal could have easily been stuck in limbo forever (while their brain in 'reality' turned into mush) if Cobb didn't save them.

I don't agree that there are plot holes in the movie-- everything seemed well thought out and if you are questioning certain things in the movie-- they were most likely included (or not included) purposely for a reason (either to spark dialogue, theories, or whatever else with the film). Hell, Chris Nolan has been working on this movie for the past 10 years.

I have read in other forums that in all the 'reality scenes', Cobb is not wearing a wedding ring, and in all the 'dream sequences' he is. Someone has mentioned that you can clearly see Dom's ring finger both on the plane before going into the dream and after the inception when he awakes on the plane-- and in both scenes he is ring-less. But it is clear he has the ring on during the 'inception dream sequences'. This is proof enough for me that he was not dreaming at the end of the film. Why else would Nolan include a detail like that?

Damn some people are really reaching with their theories, not particularly on this board, but in general from what I have read in other forums.

Originally Posted by JZero23

Can someone explain the reason why being in Limbo is so bad? Once you're down there, you just have to kill yourself then you are back to your normal self. Dude and his wife put their heads on the train tracks. The girl and the business guy both jumped off the building and woke up in level 3. He found the Japanese dude and they both shot themselves with the gun on the table.

So what's so bad about being in "limbo"? Too many plot holes in this movie.

It was a great movie, but it seemed like they wrote it as they went along, instead of thinking things through. If you can't die in a dream within a dream because you will be in limbo, but then if you die in limbo you are sent back, then what is there to worry about?

You may be able to kill yourself and get back to "reality"--but when you're stuck in limbo, you're so deep into the dream you may never realize you're dreaming-- you're lost for eternity. Saito and Mal could have easily been stuck in limbo forever (while their brain in 'reality' turned into mush) if Cobb didn't save them.

I don't agree that there are plot holes in the movie-- everything seemed well thought out and if you are questioning certain things in the movie-- they were most likely included (or not included) purposely for a reason (either to spark dialogue, theories, or whatever else with the film). Hell, Chris Nolan has been working on this movie for the past 10 years.

I have read in other forums that in all the 'reality scenes', Cobb is not wearing a wedding ring, and in all the 'dream sequences' he is. Someone has mentioned that you can clearly see Dom's ring finger both on the plane before going into the dream and after the inception when he awakes on the plane-- and in both scenes he is ring-less. But it is clear he has the ring on during the 'inception dream sequences'. This is proof enough for me that he was not dreaming at the end of the film. Why else would Nolan include a detail like that?

Damn some people are really reaching with their theories, not particularly on this board, but in general from what I have read in other forums.

Back
Top Bottom