So my English teacher got fired, then put student on blast

So here's the background story. My English teacher was a real cool dude, good teacher also. But he missed plenty of classes, like 6 or so, so far. I'd walk into class and he just wouldnt show up. Some kids got the memo some didnt. After the 5th class missed  he apologizes and says we have every right to be mad but he has some other stuff going on in his life. He said if he misses any more days it comes out of his pay check so on so on. None of us students really care that he's missing class, we getting our grade, and we're going home early. So this past monday i walk in and there's like 6 or 7 students, and we're talking if class was canceled again or not. This one dude long hair death metal like starts goin off to us saying he's gonna let our teacher hear it and that he's going to the board of administrations cause this is BS that he's missing classes. All of us are looking at eachother like whats dudes problem who cares he missed class lets go home.

So next class our teacher shows up and says his Mom is in the hospital very ill on the verge of dying and thats why he missed last class. After he tells us that, long haired death metal dude walks in with a strut like hes the stuff and sits down. We had to hand in an essay so the teacher told him to put in the front table. Long hair death metal dude is throwing these little shots at the teacher saying things like "trying to be a wise guy eh?" but it was totally out of context so no one really knew what the dude was trying to do. Im doing work and next thing i know they're in a full blown argument, and the death metal dude is like what makes you think you can miss all these classes blah blah. Teacher yells Im not talking about this now GET OUT YOU ARE NO LONGER IN MY CLASS. Teacher then says everyone you got your assignment class is over death metal student you stay. So we all leave.

Next day of class we have a sub, and something seemed fishy cause i was like uhh we never have a sub. I usually just go home. Then the teacher syas yea there's some issues Tiger (my real teacher) could be back but he might not be. I thought he might be in Ireland (where he's from) cause of his mothers death or something. But then the sub brings up his website cause thats where Tiger puts all his class info and assingments n what not. On the big screen the whole class see's that his website changed. It is now just a letter to our class. Keep in mind this letter shows up in front of our whole class.

Students – today I was fired due to the situation that arose with a student in your class.
Let me first say that it is NEVER appropriate to swear at a student – and in that I
apologize. None of you should have had to deal with that.
But what I will say is that I am human – and given how very hard I’ve tried to make up to
the deficiencies that I’ve readily admitted to you – and to have a student work that system
to cover up their own lack of work – and to have that student threaten to get me fired in
this recession because that’s the better option than them going through proper channels?
Sorry – but “go +*$# yourself

So here's the background story. My English teacher was a real cool dude, good teacher also. But he missed plenty of classes, like 6 or so, so far. I'd walk into class and he just wouldnt show up. Some kids got the memo some didnt. After the 5th class missed  he apologizes and says we have every right to be mad but he has some other stuff going on in his life. He said if he misses any more days it comes out of his pay check so on so on. None of us students really care that he's missing class, we getting our grade, and we're going home early. So this past monday i walk in and there's like 6 or 7 students, and we're talking if class was canceled again or not. This one dude long hair death metal like starts goin off to us saying he's gonna let our teacher hear it and that he's going to the board of administrations cause this is BS that he's missing classes. All of us are looking at eachother like whats dudes problem who cares he missed class lets go home.

So next class our teacher shows up and says his Mom is in the hospital very ill on the verge of dying and thats why he missed last class. After he tells us that, long haired death metal dude walks in with a strut like hes the stuff and sits down. We had to hand in an essay so the teacher told him to put in the front table. Long hair death metal dude is throwing these little shots at the teacher saying things like "trying to be a wise guy eh?" but it was totally out of context so no one really knew what the dude was trying to do. Im doing work and next thing i know they're in a full blown argument, and the death metal dude is like what makes you think you can miss all these classes blah blah. Teacher yells Im not talking about this now GET OUT YOU ARE NO LONGER IN MY CLASS. Teacher then says everyone you got your assignment class is over death metal student you stay. So we all leave.

Next day of class we have a sub, and something seemed fishy cause i was like uhh we never have a sub. I usually just go home. Then the teacher syas yea there's some issues Tiger (my real teacher) could be back but he might not be. I thought he might be in Ireland (where he's from) cause of his mothers death or something. But then the sub brings up his website cause thats where Tiger puts all his class info and assingments n what not. On the big screen the whole class see's that his website changed. It is now just a letter to our class. Keep in mind this letter shows up in front of our whole class.

Students – today I was fired due to the situation that arose with a student in your class.
Let me first say that it is NEVER appropriate to swear at a student – and in that I
apologize. None of you should have had to deal with that.
But what I will say is that I am human – and given how very hard I’ve tried to make up to
the deficiencies that I’ve readily admitted to you – and to have a student work that system
to cover up their own lack of work – and to have that student threaten to get me fired in
this recession because that’s the better option than them going through proper channels?
Sorry – but “go +*$# yourself

Originally Posted by SoVerSoTowel

Cliff Notes Please!!!!
indifferent.gif
it's a good read, read it

to the O.P, crazy stuff

Wack.

But the professor could have handled the situation better. Some people feel like they're paying for the professor to show up and if dude felt shorted on his money, I can't really be mad at him.

I personally wouldn't have cared if the prof wasn't showing up.

So i literally just went back to his website and he updated the letter. It gets even better.

You think it’s funny, (death metal long haired students real name in BOLD) , that your lies got me fired? You applauded?
Well, here’s what your fellow students think.
“Tiger, I just wanted to say that I'm really really sorry about what happened. We were all
shocked at the situation. The student who caused this was relishing in the fact that this
happened, and I have made it clear to certain individuals at MATC that I don't feel
comfortable with him in my class, and I think its really unbelievable how the school
handled the situation. After class, a few of us were talking about how much we enjoyed
you as a teacher, and understand that you are only human. Just wanted to tell you that we
appreciated what you did, and want to wish you all the best for the future.

So i literally just went back to his website and he updated the letter. It gets even better.

You think it’s funny, (death metal long haired students real name in BOLD) , that your lies got me fired? You applauded?
Well, here’s what your fellow students think.
“Tiger, I just wanted to say that I'm really really sorry about what happened. We were all
shocked at the situation. The student who caused this was relishing in the fact that this
happened, and I have made it clear to certain individuals at MATC that I don't feel
comfortable with him in my class, and I think its really unbelievable how the school
handled the situation. After class, a few of us were talking about how much we enjoyed
you as a teacher, and understand that you are only human. Just wanted to tell you that we
appreciated what you did, and want to wish you all the best for the future.

Wack.

But the professor could have handled the situation better. Some people feel like they're paying for the professor to show up and if dude felt shorted on his money, I can't really be mad at him.

I personally wouldn't have cared if the prof wasn't showing up.

Who does that? Like really, who the hell would complain about that?
I love when my classes are canceled. Granted this only happens to me like once a semester but still.
I'd definitely give that kid a hard time.

Who does that? Like really, who the hell would complain about that?
I love when my classes are canceled. Granted this only happens to me like once a semester but still.
I'd definitely give that kid a hard time.

Wow. It sucks that he got fired, but the missing days plus the altercation probably put the school in a bind. I hope the teacher gets a better teaching position. Hey Jehlers, have seen the death metal guy since the incident?

Back
Top Bottom