So the cops pulled me over.

Scenario: my friend gets pulled over and I am in the passenger seat

cop: you know why i pulled you over?
driver: no. why?
cop: you turned off your lights.
driver: no i didn't
cop: yes you did. Do you have any drugs or weapons in the car?
driver. no
cop: have you ever been arrested for anything?
driver: yes.
cop: what were you arrested for?
driver: for having a gun
cop *Proceeds to open the door and pull out cuffs*: are you sure you don't have a gun in the car
driver: just a grinder and a bong
cop: Imma search the car because i have a feeling imma find a gun in here
cop says to me , "my partner is going to handcuff you and if you try anything imma cap your %*#"
me: "okay" with hands up
at this point they pat us down, handcuffed us and made us sit on the curb.
after asking us several times if we we're from a gang
the cops starts searching the car and found a grinder and dime of weed. (which all belong to my friend)
the cops write my friend up for no proof of insurance (they never asked for it)
and possession of marijuana
the cop told me to lift of my shirt for any possible gang-related tattoos, i have none
my question is can they legally take photos of me just because they suspect i am from a gang?
i did not violate any laws, i was just a passenger and i have no criminal record.

You have no right to complain, you had ILLEGAL DRUGS on you
and the way i see it, cops have guns , so i keep my mouth shut and cooperate before i wake up dead laying in the woods with a bullet in my heart

my friend told me if a cop asks to pop the trunk, i heard you dont have to, its your right or something, does that go the same for a cop searching your car?

Originally Posted by FlyNY

You have no right to complain, you had an illegal substance on you ,you drug addict

no i didn't. don't accuse me of being a drug addict. you don't know me homie.

and the way i see it, cops have guns , so i keep my mouth shut and cooperate before i wake up dead laying in the woods with a bullet in my heart

QFT

and what is grinder? I never heard that slang before. Does it grind up weed?

Originally Posted by theyhatinonme

QFT

yeah it grinds up the weed so you dont have to break it apart by hand

Originally Posted by Kobeeh

You have no right to complain, you had an illegal substance on you ,you drug addict

no i didn't. don't accuse me of being a drug addict. you don't know me homie.
Guilty by association though fam
No offense to you
But if a cop right pulls you and your friend over, and your friend has a gun or drugs on him,and a key of coke in the trunk they most likely wont let you walkfree.

Well I've been illegally searched with no probable cause other than the cop assuming, so it's not like they follow any regulations on that to the t.They have impunity, they can do whatever they want really. Try to get loud with them talking about your rights and see what happens. The way I see it, I havenothing to hide and while it's tremendous inconvenient, insulting, and unfair, just "yes sir officer sir," don't make any fast movements,don't have or reach for anything in your hands or pockets or visible (because be it a pencil, cell phone, wallet, cd, paper, whatever it ALL looks like agun in the hands of a young black male), hope for the best and they'll be off to harass the next person and it'll be all over.

QFT

It's not really slang. It does exactly what it says. Grind (weed).

piece of @@$% officer. he had no right to search the car...but when you said "yes, search my car" they can do whatever they please.
if you would have said no, they wouldn't have searched, and they wouldn't have found anything.

Originally Posted by HKM206

QFT

It's not really slang. It does exactly what it says. Grind (weed).

I've seen them before now that you guys mention it. Just didn't ever really use them myself.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

piece of @@$% officer. he had no right to search the car...but when you said "yes, search my car" they can do whatever they please.
if you would have said no, they wouldn't have searched, and they wouldn't have found anything.
i wasn't the driver...

I still don't understand why dudes continue to let the cops search their car when the cop has no probable cause and they got something illegal in the car
smh.gif
. You do have a right to refuse a search. The Constitution protects your civil rights so you don't end up a victim of an illegal search and seizure.

i wasn't the driver...
well the point remains...if your buddy said "no, you can't search my car without a warrant" he can't go searching. Say it kindaloud so the camera on the dash can hear it, and you're golden...that way if they do search, anything they find won't be valid.

i wasn't the driver...

You should change the thread title. It's kinda confusing.

i wasn't the driver...
well the point remains...if your buddy said "no, you can't search my car without a warrant" he can't go searching. Say it kinda loud so the camera on the dash can hear it, and you're golden...that way if they do search, anything they find won't be valid.
word i always wondered those mics on the cameras must be strong as hell
laugh.gif

How they hear whats going on all the way in the other car?

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

I still don't understand why dudes continue to let the cops search their car when the cop has no probable cause and they got something illegal in the car
smh.gif
. You do have a right to refuse a search. The Constitution protects your civil rights so you don't end up a victim of an illegal search and seizure.
my friend never consented to a search. They simply opened the door and cuffed us. And to reiterate myquestion Can the cops legally take photos of me and enter me into their "File" as a gang member just off their opinion?

i wasn't the driver...
well the point remains...if your buddy said "no, you can't search my car without a warrant" he can't go searching. Say it kinda loud so the camera on the dash can hear it, and you're golden...that way if they do search, anything they find won't be valid.
word i always wondered those mics on the cameras must be strong as hell
laugh.gif

How they hear whats going on all the way in the other car?
maybe the cop has a mic on himself...or herself, let's not get all sexist.

Back
Top Bottom