So they tryna say Obama done goof'd?

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Dimelo

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

what he say?
"This is my last election. After the election I will have more flexibility."
I take it as once I'm re-elected, it doesn't matter what I do because I don't have to worry about another election/ being re-elected.

It's kind of obvious politicians act this way. He doesn't need to worry about it, and now he can go hard on his policies without fear of not being elected again.

I'd rather he did what he wanted from the beginning though.
Dat second term mentality.  Presidents always go YOLO-mode during it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

The problem in a America these days is people are too dedicated to their political parties, so even if they know their party candidates suck !@$% they still will say they are better than their opponent. George Washington said "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." a lot of these people who claim that their party is doing whats best for America are fools. Dedication to ones party is the worse thing that one can do because when the right candidate comes it who could possibly be of an opposing party, a political party shroud would be over our eyes keeping us from really seeing whats what.
exactly why i dont vote.  the current system creates biases and makes the majority of americans a bunch a mindless sheep.

Originally Posted by abutta13

The problem in a America these days is people are too dedicated to their political parties, so even if they know their party candidates suck !@$% they still will say they are better than their opponent. George Washington said "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." a lot of these people who claim that their party is doing whats best for America are fools. Dedication to ones party is the worse thing that one can do because when the right candidate comes it who could possibly be of an opposing party, a political party shroud would be over our eyes keeping us from really seeing whats what.
exactly why i dont vote.  the current system creates biases and makes the majority of americans a bunch a mindless sheep.
Well you're apart of the problem as well. Cause if the right person comes along you would also be blinded because you're complaining about the system when the candidate who could change everything which you're against  may be sitting there depending on your vote.

Well you're apart of the problem as well. Cause if the right person comes along you would also be blinded because you're complaining about the system when the candidate who could change everything which you're against  may be sitting there depending on your vote.
i dont think the system will allow that type of candidate in the first place.  everyone thought obama was that guy but it hasnt exactly turned out that way so far.

Stop. This country isn't a damn dictatorship (yet). One person can't change #%!%.

a primarily two party system naturally pits people against each other. unless its some sort of tragedy that brings people together it more or less stays that way. i always go back to
something i read about benjamin franklin saying it would "engender confusion." other founding fathers like john adams and as you mentioned george washington have said similar things. they believed a two party system would pose one of the biggest threats to the success of our nation. nowadays i feel it has less to do with that and more to do with large corporations, mnc's, or any other private entities that have the money and the power - and can dictate the path our gov't takes going forward. this coupled with the passing of acts/laws that violate the rights granted to us in the constitution.

Back
Top Bottom