So why exactly is NY > CA ? Im serious? Are there any good reasons at all?

There's to much opinions in here rather then pure facts.

Couple of questions though.

How can you compare a city to a entire state?
How can you judge a city/state if you never been there before?
How can post irrational opinions and try to past them off as facts?
How can u bring up weather as a reason. When one state is closer to the equator and takes up most of the west coast making it have different weather climates year around. When the other "New York" state is closer to the arctic region therefor making in snow in its winter months its a given?  

nerd.gif

cali people care waaay more about new yorkers than we care about them. That much is a fact.

we too buys talking about other boroughs to care about what you guys are doing

Originally Posted by DubA169

cali people care waaay more about new yorkers than we care about them. That much is a fact.

I absolutely do not care about you guys...

I think our norcal and socal brings much more attention than your boroughs.  Try again.

quick question, how many people commenting on here have lived in or spent significant time in both areas? if you can't answer yes to that question your opinion is invalid.

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

20% Unemployment in CA. You guys keep living that dream..

You do realize there is a huge difference in population. Plus your 20% way off.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Keep comparing your state to our city.

NYers are the ones comparing the state to NYC. That small dirty overpopulated island you guys have is the only thing your weak state has going on anyways. So you lose Guatemala>NY 
Stop it 5, and look at the title of the thread and responses, b 
eyes.gif

Oh you mad is the saltiest dude in these > threads

I think his mom, sister, and countless other girls that have friendzoned him left him for nyc dudes.

BURN! FACE!

A lot of New Yorkers grew up and were taught with the mentality that New York City is the greatest city in the world. Also, a lot of these dudes never left the five boroughs. IMO NT'ers that actually been to or lived in both of these states should be allowed to comment. With that said, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. LOL

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

I think our norcal and socal brings much more attention than your boroughs.  Try again.

You sound mad hurt
laugh.gif
Cali dudes got no swag or aura . Females from all over beast for NY dudes DEAL WITH IT.

I have a friend who is dead serious about LA, He's so passionate about things that every other city has and not the things that makes LA unique. We both live in San Fran, and though the bay is a very dirty area, Frisco is one of the best city's i've seen in my life(so diverse, and so hip). IMO if you take away the weather, the hollyweird scene and the drug culture LA is easily in the low top 10's of best city's. NY is just so dope to me because the culture is real out there, Im a big fan of hip hop so that plays a big part also. I never had a problem getting women out there or problems from locals because im from out of town. If you can make in NY you can make it anywhere, but IF you cant make it in LA, you just lazy. There way too many outlets and ways to express your creativity into monetary value. The one thing that i can say about NY is that as far as Urban dress culture, NY has fallen off bad. TRUEY CAPRIS really?

this thread always cracks me up. i actually hadn't been to new york till this past april when i spent two weeks out there. honestly, there are things to love about both cities. in fact i decided to move out there next month. i have been down in los angeles for the past six years and i felt it was time for a change.

women are women no matter where you go. but i do appreciate the natural beauty that i saw from the manhattan women. good food is good food regardless of where it is at. but please, please, do not tell me new york has great mexican food. stop. just don't. seriously, thats one of the things i am going to miss the most. oh and btw, los angeles mexican food is different than san diego mexican food. if you haven't had both you wouldn't understand. so again, please don't tell me about mexican food from new york city.

i'm a little excited to live in some seasons. i've grown up all along the southwest and i've had a "white christmas" before but i don't know about this winter business. when i was there in april everything was gorgeous. the tulips in columbus circle were blooming and so were the cherry blossoms in central park. i getting there just in time for fall so i can prep my mind for the winter. i've never taken the california weather for granted. i've surfed in every month. i've hiked in every month. this state is absolutely beautiful. especially north of san francisco.

culture and fashion. thats both cities. they both have their icons. they both have their unique styles. and there can be no way you can say one is the best.

sports. man both states have it all. they have some of the most impressive sports franchises. oh but side note, i'm sorry new york yankee fans are the most annoying fans ever. and its not even close. and this is coming from someone that has to deal with all the crap that trojan and laker fans spit out all the time. i have been to dodger stadium, angel stadium, both of the giants stadiums, petco park, oakland stadium, diamondbacks stadium and the rangers new stadium. yankee fans are definitely the worst. really i don't know what it is. maybe its because we were all smashed like sardines taking the 4 up to the bronx. and everyone was already drunk before they get to the ballpark. and then drinking some more at the ball park. and the accents really come out. i didn't see it so much in the city but i did at yankee stadium. they are rude to each other and just straight annoying to those around them. thats the end of my rant. funny thing is that i don't even hate the yankees.

(side note: the funniest sign i saw in new york was for a storage company. you could see the sign as you take the train across the manhattan bridge into the city. it read something like this: why would you ever leave a city that has six professional sports teams. and the new york mets. damn cold blooded! haha.)

again, anyone is crazy to say one is better than the other. appreciate both for what they are. if you haven't been to either one please go. they seriously are both amazing cities. i really can't wait to get to the east coast. one of the reasons i want to move is so i can finally travel to europe. i've been lucky and have been to 26 states, and i know thats more than most but i feel i've done a lot of things here in the states. actually portland and yellowstone are all that i want to go to here in the states. with that said you will not find better places to have fun than nyc or la.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

You sound mad hurt
laugh.gif
Cali dudes got no swag or aura . Females from all over beast for NY dudes DEAL WITH IT.

NY dudes only care about swag and what the next man in doing. Cali people dont have a care in the world 
pimp.gif
 NYers started NY>* 
++*@#* in the east coast are busted anyways.. 

myamericangirls.jpg

This is about the dumbest topic that always pops up on NT. HOME is where the heart is, so there will always be a bias.
NY fools will try to justify the downright nastiness of their subway system.
Cali fools act like rush hour traffic every *$(#^$ day is about as thrilling as riding a rollercoaster.

the subway is dirty as @$*! and mad parts of the city smell like **%@. And I still wouldn't wanna live anywhere else.

visit sure. But always wanna come back.

You claim NY now? Loss of LeBron followed by a 17 win season will do that I guess

As an unbiased observer who lives in neither, Cali is better to live there, NY I love to visit

Originally Posted by scribble253

A lot of New Yorkers grew up and were taught with the mentality that New York City is the greatest city in the world. Also, a lot of these dudes never left the five boroughs. IMO NT'ers that actually been to or lived in both of these states should be allowed to comment. With that said, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. LOL

qft

i'll put it like this if i was an outsider looking at these threads i would think both cali and ny were corny judging off some of the posts people put on here.  you got dudes that barely even leave their own borough let alone even think about traveling somewhere else yet their experts on what's going on elsewhere,  same with dudes i know that swear LA is the best city in the world yet they've never been anywhere else, these dudes will say stupid stuff about the bay area, san diego, and new york without ever going to any of those places. either way it's lame to me.

Originally Posted by Male Order Groom

You claim NY now? Loss of LeBron followed by a 17 win season will do that I guess

As an unbiased observer who lives in neither, Cali is better to live there, NY I love to visit

I haven't ever set a foot in Ohio I don't know who the $%$+ you think I am. 

The part that I never got is why we're not comparing state to state instead of city to state...

its because both north and south have great attributes to cali, there isn't a certain spot in cali thats better then NYC, but as a state it can triumph NYC. 10-15 well populated cities in cali vs NYC. Living conditions, cali is more doable. Cali can fit more lifestyles then NYC can.

im from socal and LA just doesn't have that big city feel that NYC gives off. i think it could be the large amount of tourists in NY that gives it more of that big city feel.

i personally wouldn't wanna deal with going to work in the freezing cold while it snows, i barely want to get out of the house when it rains
laugh.gif

but both places are dope and i def. wanna visit NY in the fall/spring.

Back
Top Bottom