Soooo Why Do Couples Say "I Love You" Everytime there Absent....

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Are you that miserable that you cannot understand why people say I love you? I swear some NTers will die if they can't think of anything to complain about.
smh.gif
...U shouldgo back & read! U obviously are missing the whole point!

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by KUPRELLI

*EDIT* I'm talking about people in relationships, NOT family.

whats the difference?
Nothing really, I only mentioned it because someone posted about saying it before there grandfather died...but Itreally doesn't matter whether it's ya spouse or family!

Chicks love hearing those three words. What's the big deal about giving her that little extra happiness everyday?

Are you that miserable that you cannot understand why people say I love you?
Dude sounds bitter as $#*!.
laugh.gif

It only loses it's "meaning" if you don't mean it. When I say it to my girl, it is heartfelt, and if I feel like conveying that feelingconstantly or if she feels like doing so as well, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Most of the dudes who give the
grin.gif
when it is said are the dudes that aregetting no buns or haven't actually found "love" yet.

In fact, I'm just going to randomly call my girl right now and tell her that I love her and I am thinking of her,
devil.gif
. It will make her day
glasses.gif

its kinda an unspoken principle... I was thinking about this today... about 2 hours after
my girl and I got off the phone she called me back just to say I love you... crazy stuff but
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
nonetheless...

I just can't except that most people do it for the reason stated (because what if its the last time U see them)....Damn thats so sappy! Like R u people that insecure that u need to be told something over and over again just to make it thru the day....Is the daily reassurrance that necessary??? Like really, I realize it's just a simple thing to say, but I'm not a fan of saying things just because it sounds good!

so i take it your girl got on you for not saying it/not saying it enough? Cuz if not...what difference does it make? It's better than saying"I hate you #%+%+"...at least it's something nice to say to the one you love.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

never know if it's the last thing i'll get to say to her.. since that's the case, why not?

Exactly, I can be on the phone with my girl and say "babe listen im driving right now, ill call you when im home, i love you bye" *hangs up* then endup in a car accident and dead. see what am sayin?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by de PHX Jose

They might never see them again. No one is immune to death, it can come any given moment
That's real talk.

If something happened to my girl, I would just want her to know that 'I Love You' was the last thing I said to her...

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

I just can't except that most people do it for the reason stated (because what if its the last time U see them)....Damn thats so sappy! Like R u people that insecure that u need to be told something over and over again just to make it thru the day....Is the daily reassurrance that necessary??? Like really, I realize it's just a simple thing to say, but I'm not a fan of saying things just because it sounds good!

so i take it your girl got on you for not saying it/not saying it enough? Cuz if not...what difference does it make? It's better than saying "I hate you #%+%+"...at least it's something nice to say to the one you love.
Naw this doesn't have anything to do w/ me and my relationship status...I just wanted to see how everyone elsefelt about it, thats it! And based off the majority of people that posted...It's done out of "Fear" hmmmm....I guess! Thats kinda weak, butI'm not surprised though seeing as how people do most things because they're afraid...but Thanks for all th replies guys. Keep'em coming!

I only say it to my girl when I mean it, it's not necessary to say it everytime you hang up the phone or break away, and vise versa for her.

That way, when she says it or I say it, I know she really means it, and it means much more.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

what other answer were you looking for?
I was expecting any type of answers, just a general topic I felt like asking about but I didn't know how manypeople would have the same motive behind their actions....Ehhh whatever
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

so i take it your girl got on you for not saying it/not saying it enough? Cuz if not...what difference does it make? It's better than saying "I hate you #%+%+"...at least it's something nice to say to the one you love.
Naw this doesn't have anything to do w/ me and my relationship status...I just wanted to see how everyone else felt about it, thats it! And based off the majority of people that posted...It's done out of "Fear" hmmmm....I guess! Thats kinda weak, but I'm not surprised though seeing as how people do most things because they're afraid...but Thanks for all th replies guys. Keep'em coming!
That's ridiculous rationale that it's done out of fear.

You don't pay your electricity bill because you're scared they're going to turn it off. You pay your bill because you like watching TV, andplaying video games, and charging your cell phones and mp3 players.

You don't tell somebody you love them just because you're scared they won't know you love them when if they die. You tell them you love thembecause you love knowing how it makes them feel when you say it explicitly. You tell them because you get satisfaction out of the security it provides anotherperson. You tell them because you want to express your true appreciation for the relationship. That is true for a spouse, a child, a mother, a father, and atrue friend.

That's corny? That's "weak"?

I mean, I can't force you to evaluate this if you don't have the rationale of a mature adult. So, if that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

But it's a damn shame you're so cynical.

I just say it because I feel the need to tell him..
Not as a reminder, but just to say it, because it's how I feel.
& It can be the last time I say it..
I know some cases where the last words
spoken to each other were "I love you."
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom