Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

JordanHead718212 wrote:
Its right. Spanking, getting slapped, etc is a huge thing in Africa and the difference in behavior between African kids and American kids is quite noticeable. I feel as this is partly due to the fact that Africans spank their kids as discipline.

I agree 100% my moms from Nigeria and I definitely turned out better than most of my friends from my neighborhood

Originally Posted by lyricist343

I believe only outside of america it is still deemed a form of discipline.

have you watched the maury show?

Im sure many of us got this

Originally Posted by lyricist343

I believe only outside of america it is still deemed a form of discipline.

have you watched the maury show?

Im sure many of us got this

interesting 1st post

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

some kids need a spanking...

Absolutely.
hell yeah my nephew is bad as hell his mom doesnt believe in spanking
compared to my niece (niece gets spanked) dude crys for everything and throws a fit when he doesnt get what he want
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

some kids need a spanking...

Absolutely.
hell yeah my nephew is bad as hell his mom doesnt believe in spanking
compared to my niece (niece gets spanked) dude crys for everything and throws a fit when he doesnt get what he want
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by BK201

politicsasusual wrote:

Example: Kid blatantly takes candy from store and eats it. Kid gets spanked. Kid learns how to steal candy without getting caught.
Kid takes candy. Parent explains why that is not okay. Kid learns that stealing is wrong. Later applies that to things later on in life.

So the parent that spanks their child nonchalantly omits justifying the punishment received?

Ok.

Bad example on my part since I left that out. But in situations where my dad beat me and then would try to talk to me about why he did it I was still mad and my mouth was still bleeding so I'd negate whatever he tried to say to me because I was mad at the time so I'm not gonna listen to you if I'm mad.
Oh it hurts you more than it hurts me?
son.jpg

spanking and beating the *++# out of someone are 2 different things in my book. I understand your point and now see where you are coming from. I will still spank my children, though. I won't beat them in the face or humiliate them publicly even infront of their closest relatives (not saying yours did OP but when blood is spilled it is def OD). Just do the ol' bend them over and spank them, not too hard or too soft, I just want the physicalness of the reprimand to stay with them even if its not painful. Ill let them know calmly what they did wrong and from that moment on forgive them and let them be. No hard feelings will be had, and this will start when they are young so they learn how to fear the consequences of what is wrong. 
Like trying to stop or ease the troublemaking little by little before it gets to the point where they begin to steal or do something more serious.

Just a broad perspective

politicsasusual wrote:

Example: Kid blatantly takes candy from store and eats it. Kid gets spanked. Kid learns how to steal candy without getting caught.
Kid takes candy. Parent explains why that is not okay. Kid learns that stealing is wrong. Later applies that to things later on in life.

So the parent that spanks their child nonchalantly omits justifying the punishment received?

Ok.

Bad example on my part since I left that out. But in situations where my dad beat me and then would try to talk to me about why he did it I was still mad and my mouth was still bleeding so I'd negate whatever he tried to say to me because I was mad at the time so I'm not gonna listen to you if I'm mad.
Oh it hurts you more than it hurts me?
son.jpg

spanking and beating the *++# out of someone are 2 different things in my book. I understand your point and now see where you are coming from. I will still spank my children, though. I won't beat them in the face or humiliate them publicly even infront of their closest relatives (not saying yours did OP but when blood is spilled it is def OD). Just do the ol' bend them over and spank them, not too hard or too soft, I just want the physicalness of the reprimand to stay with them even if its not painful. Ill let them know calmly what they did wrong and from that moment on forgive them and let them be. No hard feelings will be had, and this will start when they are young so they learn how to fear the consequences of what is wrong. 
Like trying to stop or ease the troublemaking little by little before it gets to the point where they begin to steal or do something more serious.

Just a broad perspective

I got beat when I was young. I hated it then, but thank my mom and dad for it now. I learned the difference between wrong and right like this. Best believe I thought twice about lying or stealing. While I still lived in the Dominican Republic my mom would make me climb a tree and get the "best" branch from her. Good times 
tired.gif

But me "spanking", "disciplining", "beating" etc my kids, when I have them, will solely depend on them. If they listen then there is no need for it, if they don't then there are lessons to be learned.

I got beat when I was young. I hated it then, but thank my mom and dad for it now. I learned the difference between wrong and right like this. Best believe I thought twice about lying or stealing. While I still lived in the Dominican Republic my mom would make me climb a tree and get the "best" branch from her. Good times 
tired.gif

But me "spanking", "disciplining", "beating" etc my kids, when I have them, will solely depend on them. If they listen then there is no need for it, if they don't then there are lessons to be learned.

didnt read yet, but right. now i shall read.
EDIT:

lol, what an ironic thread; ask teenagers without kids about their thoughts on discipline as it relates to kids....

roll.gif

"hello, children, do you want homework?!?!?"

didnt read yet, but right. now i shall read.
EDIT:

lol, what an ironic thread; ask teenagers without kids about their thoughts on discipline as it relates to kids....

roll.gif

"hello, children, do you want homework?!?!?"

Back
Top Bottom