Spanking Children? Right or Wrong?

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

People are going to deny this because it hurts too much emotionally to accept this FACT. Do research on any Psychologist that has done long term studies. It is 100% PROVEN fact that spanking your child does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There are gonna be 50 people on here come up with some BS rationale because they spank or got spanked but it has been proven (just like the earth isnt flat) that spanking does NOT change behavior even though at the moment it appears to. It teaches your child one thing and one thing only IF SOMEONE BIGGER THEN YOU DOESNT LIKE WHAT YOU DID THEN YOU CAN PHYSICALLY HURT THEM. THat is the only thing they learn. Now you people in denial can start posting BS rationale because it hurts too much to accept this FACT.
Complete BS. You can't compare humans to inanimate objects such as the Earth being flat and you can't make conclusions with what people learn.
You have to consider the intangible goods with every human being.
For example, I stole a piece of bubble gum from the store as a child and got spanked.
From that experience, I learned that stealing was wrong and if I did it, I'd be punished for it.
I got spankings and I never thought that I could hurt people because I don't condone their actions.

StaXX wrote:

People are going to deny this because it hurts too much emotionally to accept this FACT. Do research on any Psychologist that has done long term studies. It is 100% PROVEN fact that spanking your child does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. There are gonna be 50 people on here come up with some BS rationale because they spank or got spanked but it has been proven (just like the earth isnt flat) that spanking does NOT change behavior even though at the moment it appears to. It teaches your child one thing and one thing only IF SOMEONE BIGGER THEN YOU DOESNT LIKE WHAT YOU DID THEN YOU CAN PHYSICALLY HURT THEM. THat is the only thing they learn. Now you people in denial can start posting BS rationale because it hurts too much to accept this FACT.
Complete BS. You can't compare humans to inanimate objects such as the Earth being flat and you can't make conclusions with what people learn.
For example, I stole a piece of bubble gum from the store as a child and got spanked.
From that experience, I learned that stealing was wrong and if I did it, I'd be punished for it.

I got spankings and I never thought that I could hurt people because I don't condone their actions.

roll.gif

uh yeah.  you did.  you plan on hurting your kids if you don't condone their actions.

StaXX wrote:

roll.gif

uh yeah.  you did.  you plan on hurting your kids if you don't condone their actions.

I'm sorry sir but coming from someone who was a psychology major and took a class on child psychology, your statement is completely wrong. Beating a child is a form of negative reinforcement, it sends the message that if you behave this way or do this again, there will be a negative consequence, the beating. After a while kids learn that their misbehavior will be met with a negative consequence, kids don't want that negative consequence so they change their behavior. Now a negative consequence could be a talking as well, but for some kids (like me growing up) a spanking really sends the message home.

If you get beat for talking back to a teacher, the next time you think about talking back to a teacher your mind will more than likely go back to what happened the last time and it will deter you from doing so.

Your statement is flawed and I would love to see this research as well

I'm sorry sir but coming from someone who was a psychology major and took a class on child psychology, your statement is completely wrong. Beating a child is a form of negative reinforcement, it sends the message that if you behave this way or do this again, there will be a negative consequence, the beating. After a while kids learn that their misbehavior will be met with a negative consequence, kids don't want that negative consequence so they change their behavior. Now a negative consequence could be a talking as well, but for some kids (like me growing up) a spanking really sends the message home.

If you get beat for talking back to a teacher, the next time you think about talking back to a teacher your mind will more than likely go back to what happened the last time and it will deter you from doing so.

Your statement is flawed and I would love to see this research as well

hell yes you do the beating. Make you child discipline and a man. Unless its a girl, then spoil the little son of a gun

hell yes you do the beating. Make you child discipline and a man. Unless its a girl, then spoil the little son of a gun

If I didnt get the whippins I got when I was a kid, I would probably be in jail or dead. I think it depends on the situation, but corporal punishment is something that should be used by a parent with self control. 

If I didnt get the whippins I got when I was a kid, I would probably be in jail or dead. I think it depends on the situation, but corporal punishment is something that should be used by a parent with self control. 

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Not sure if serious.

If it reaches the point where you have to physically discipline your children, you have failed at parenting.
Really?
laugh.gif

Yeah, definitely not serious.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Not sure if serious.

If it reaches the point where you have to physically discipline your children, you have failed at parenting.
Really?
laugh.gif

Yeah, definitely not serious.

People who spank their children disgust me. They're taking their aggresion out on their kids. Yeah I know their are some bad @@* children out there. But an adult really has no business putting their hands on their kids.

People who spank their children disgust me. They're taking their aggresion out on their kids. Yeah I know their are some bad @@* children out there. But an adult really has no business putting their hands on their kids.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Its right. Spanking, getting slapped, etc is a huge thing in Africa and the difference in behavior between African kids and American kids is quite noticeable. I feel as this is partly due to the fact that Africans spank their kids as discipline.

My parents are from Sudan and they reserved all rights to discipline me as necessary. However getting slapped was not one of them. In our culture its unacceptable to slap someone

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Its right. Spanking, getting slapped, etc is a huge thing in Africa and the difference in behavior between African kids and American kids is quite noticeable. I feel as this is partly due to the fact that Africans spank their kids as discipline.

My parents are from Sudan and they reserved all rights to discipline me as necessary. However getting slapped was not one of them. In our culture its unacceptable to slap someone

rocman23... you need to take more classes on child brain development. Kids brains at young ages cant comprehend that a negative consequence comes from a bad action. The only thing a young brain interprets is "Sometimes Dad gets mad and he hits me". This is fact. Its just one of those old stone age parenting techniques that are completely wrong. Not every kid who gets beat turns out bad but I read a case study in college where they interviewed 100 and something adult men on death row and the one thing they all shared in common was they were spanked as a child. Scary!

http://www.stopspanking.com/
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/6/t062100.asp
http://www.theattachedpar...-spanking-does-not-work/
http://health.usnews.com/...ork-for-parents-and-kids
http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=12532756
http://www.opposingviews....sn-t-work-and-is-harmful
http://theparentingdoctor...ng-doesnt-work-it-hurts/

Tell me when to stop. I can post 1000's

rocman23... you need to take more classes on child brain development. Kids brains at young ages cant comprehend that a negative consequence comes from a bad action. The only thing a young brain interprets is "Sometimes Dad gets mad and he hits me". This is fact. Its just one of those old stone age parenting techniques that are completely wrong. Not every kid who gets beat turns out bad but I read a case study in college where they interviewed 100 and something adult men on death row and the one thing they all shared in common was they were spanked as a child. Scary!

http://www.stopspanking.com/
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/6/t062100.asp
http://www.theattachedpar...-spanking-does-not-work/
http://health.usnews.com/...ork-for-parents-and-kids
http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=12532756
http://www.opposingviews....sn-t-work-and-is-harmful
http://theparentingdoctor...ng-doesnt-work-it-hurts/

Tell me when to stop. I can post 1000's

Spanking? I got smacked at full speed in front of my class in the 4th grade. I thought my teacher would report child abuse instead she said you should wait till he gets home
30t6p3b.gif

Spanking? I got smacked at full speed in front of my class in the 4th grade. I thought my teacher would report child abuse instead she said you should wait till he gets home
30t6p3b.gif

Im going to do a hybrid style.

Spank slash talk. Depending on how severe the incident and the details either or can happen.
At a certain age all you can stand is pain and trust. When i look back though, i just did things with no fear of consequence. Spanking was just another spanking to me.

Im going to do a hybrid style.

Spank slash talk. Depending on how severe the incident and the details either or can happen.
At a certain age all you can stand is pain and trust. When i look back though, i just did things with no fear of consequence. Spanking was just another spanking to me.

I believe It's necessary at times cus you see kids act up in public and you just wanna slap the parent's for not doing anything

I believe It's necessary at times cus you see kids act up in public and you just wanna slap the parent's for not doing anything

Back
Top Bottom