Speilberg's LINCOLN

Definitely looking forward to this film. Daniel Day Lewis really looks like Lincoln.

I don't see how that trailer could be boring.. the battle over the abolition of slavery in addition to the Civil War? With one of the greatest actors of our generation playing Lincoln? All at the hands of a great (maybe not recently, but still) director?

Another great movie nobody will watch.
Lincoln's voice is not powerful enough IMO....

It's like he always needs to have the Butcher's voice in all his characters from now on.

I think the movie looks cool. I like genre movies like this.

Lewis did his research and this is how he found Lincoln's voice described. Most of the people we think of as commanding and imposing didn't have those sorts of voices.

Lewis did his research and this is how he found Lincoln's voice described. Most of the people we think of as commanding and imposing didn't have those sorts of voices.
I can understand this. 

It still just doesn't hit you like you think it would. 

J. Edgar had this problem too with Leonardo Di Caprio. I love Leo as an actor but I couldn't get down on that film. It was just too damn slow.

Will be checking for this, probably DVD release, not in theaters.

Mr Fongstarr: Is "J. Edgar" worth watching? Leo's one of my favorite actors and I've studied J. Edgar Hoover's story in significant detail. From his abuse of the Bureau as a governing body to the numerous whispers about his reported homosexuality.

Will be checking for this, probably DVD release, not in theaters.
Mr Fongstarr: Is "J. Edgar" worth watching? Leo's one of my favorite actors and I've studied J. Edgar Hoover's story in significant detail. From his abuse of the Bureau as a governing body to the numerous whispers about his reported homosexuality.

He's one my favorite actor as well and with Clint Eastwood directing, it seems like a no brainer but the movie just seemed super slow for some reason. Maybe the issue that I have is I am not too familiar with J Edgar at all. The movie bounces back from past to present at times but honestly, I didn't even finish the movie yet.

He's one my favorite actor as well and with Clint Eastwood directing, it seems like a no brainer but the movie just seemed super slow for some reason. Maybe the issue that I have is I am not too familiar with J Edgar at all. The movie bounces back from past to present at times but honestly, I didn't even finish the movie yet.
Appreciate the quick response.

Do follow-up once you complete the film.

Couple friends saw it in theaters and said it was a waste. Also called it slow and felt like it was dragging along.

By the way, I'm inclined to watch any film involving Leo or Gosling at the moment. Also enjoy Tom Hardy's work.

It's like he always needs to have the Butcher's voice in all his characters from now on.

I think the movie looks cool. I like genre movies like this.

I was thinking more along the lines of the voice DDL used in There Will Be Blood just not so malevolent sounding..

Thought I was the only one............:smh:

Back
Top Bottom