Speilberg's LINCOLN

For those that don't know this movie is not action-based as there is only 1 action scene as Speilberg stated in his interview on 60 minutes this past weekend.  With that being said I have no problem with this movie being "slow-paced" as other in here have suggested as long as the movie is good.

lmao @ at the random hate by the nt critics...talkin about his voice not sounding like the REAL Lincoln voice they know so well and thumbing down a preview as if they just watched the entire movie

Does this touch on his life as a vampire hunter? haha nah syke, looks good I'll most likely check it, DDL is that dude

Watched the trailer again and Tommy Lee Jones at about 1:12 had me DYING. I don't even know why exactly It was just funny as **** got damn:lol:

Watched the trailer again and Tommy Lee Jones at about 1:12 had me DYING. I don't even know why exactly It was just funny as **** got damn:lol:

It's his hair. Looks way off I don't know why.

Every character that Daniel Day Lewis portrays will always be spot on in my book. I have much respect for method actors of his caliber.

I don't see how that trailer could be boring.. the battle over the abolition of slavery in addition to the Civil War? With one of the greatest actors of our generation playing Lincoln? All at the hands of a great (maybe not recently, but still) director?

I agree completely.

Movie was great. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Dialogue pulled you in in every scene. Kinda disappointed at the end thought it would be more dramatic.

Still overall great film Daniel Day is becoming a god.

Nine is a remake of 8 1/2 I think, so I could see why DDL was involved as the main character. Haven't seen the film, so I don't know how good it is.

So did they portray Lincoln accurately and his reasons for the Emancipation Proclamation like people wanted?

How do you say Daniel Day Lewis' voice doesn't fit? Do any of you know how Lincoln sounded?

I plan on seeing this Daniel Day Lewis is probably the best actor of this generation. I'm glad the people who saw it liked it.

Saw it a week and a half ago at an early screening. I liked it..

Daniel Day Lewis was great... As was Tommy Lee Jones as Thaddeus Stevens.

Daniel Day-Lewis originally turned down the role of Lincoln and then Spielberg said he wasn't doing the film without DDL. One night at dinner Spielberg and his wife were having with Leo DiCaprio, Leo asks Spielberg about his "Lincoln project." Spielberg says DDL declined and Leo said hold on I'll talk to him. He gets off the phone gives Spielberg DDLs number and says call him tomorrow - he's expecting your call. And he took the role.

No one knows what Leo said to DDL. They both worked together on Gangs of New York.

Liam Neeson was originally attached to star as Lincoln but production took over a decade to begin so by the time it was taking shape Neeson dropped out saying he was too old for the role.

Good film...overly dramatic in some parts imo. Daniel Day Lewis is a lock for an oscar nod if not the oscar. Sally Field also did a great job.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my review right now. I was suppose to see it on October 26th and couldn't then went to 4 showings over the last 2 weeks and they were all sold out. Saw it late last night.

Back
Top Bottom