start to say your good bye to jordan brand

Originally Posted by tz85

Well now that a lot of us finally got the 11/12 pack and don't see anything better coming out for 2009 some of us will say our good bye to jordan brand and keep on with our life. I will like to say thanks to jordan brand for a great year in cdp and xx3 and thanks for 13 years of me buying sneakers and having fun waiting on line and rocking them from 5th grade all the way to college thanks again its been fun. Only will buy if they come out with something really good example space jams,white/red 12/bordex 7 or iv cement other than that's thanks and wish them the best with them fusion crap Bye!!!!!!! Saving money time weeeppaaaaaa
well said

To all that waited "years" for this pack, it was alright, nothing better thatn orig, or '01 tho, any ways glad everyone gotthem did, but there are still many J's that I will sit back patiently for, and congrats to all leaving, you'll be back "I guaranteeit!"

we can always say "Im Back" like the man himself ...heehehehe just bring the good stuff JB

I will wait and see what comes out but I got all of the CDP packs and 3 of the 23s so I should be good for a long time.

Late peace out.

My collection started back in 95 with OG XI bred lows. I collected hard core til about 03 when I sold off almost everything but my 01 XI breds and concords. I just came back to the game about 6 months ago and have been buying like crazy. Its been so fun being back and chasing pairs I missed and buying back stuff Iused to have. It bums me out to hear guys saying they are leaving cuz i feel like I came back too late. I am glad to be back and plan on staying again for awhile. Didnt get my CDP yesterday cuz my connect failed me so now I am in pursuit. This is what its all about and with speculation of 09 being an off yearfor JB I plan to hook up even more retros and OGs I had or missed out on during my retirement.

"I come back like Jordan wearin the 45, it aint to play games wit you....." JZ

no need to think so negatively. JB has make key additions and a little bit of shuffling to accommodate the big expansion plans they are aiming for within thenext three to four years.

Well I will somewhat retract what I said about being done with JB.

I probably will buy more Jordans in the future. But I will consciously make the decision to buy ONLY when necessary.....All the Fusion crap will be completelyignored.

all ya'll will be back. quit fronting. ya'll we be STSRTING threads when White Infrareds or some space jams drop. JB is smart...they know how to GETyour money

Never say never...

But I think from the time being, I'll be off for a while.

It's going to be more Nike and maybe performance Team Jordan's here on in, collection pieces aren't worth collectiing. I can't foreseeanything that'll be worth me going out of my way copping or reaching deep into my pockets for.

In terms of Team Jordan, these caught my attention for some flashy yet low-profile performance

343158-102.jpg

seriously this morning i was like

"aww man, no more waiting in line for jordans..."

i actually enjoyed it.

hopefully its not over yet!

i wouldn't say goodbye yet. when JB's revenue starts to fall off due to only releasing team jordans, they'll resort back to retroes

I'm done with anything hyped for good now.

I really wanted nothing more than to be rocking my Jordan XI's on the basketball court.

Instead, I was encountered with literally dozens of people who wore my size, and even told me they had no plans of ever wearing the shoes. Why would you buy apair of shoes to sit in a closet? I never really encountered "hype beasts" until Saturday, and it takes all the fun out of it. 15 and 16 year oldkids waiting in line to buy a shoe to have, not to wear. I just do not understand it. Everyone was talking about 6 rings, Spikes, etc. On top of that, theemployees bought up most of the stock for resale.

Frankly, I've always bought Jordans because of MJ and to have some good basketball shoes. What's done is done, so I'm going back to buying myLeBrons on sale, those new Adidas Creators, and Hyperdunks. I've only bought one pair of shoes all year in anticipation of saving for this dumb pack, tohave some kids ruin the release.

Originally Posted by Blue0230

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

wow 11s quality SUCKS!!! i hate it its soo bad

Yeah, I'm not going to be shy about rocking these... I'm not going to baby them. The materials are sub-par to some variants I've seen. The XII is on point, though.

You mean some fakes are better than XI CDPs?

I'm not done, but I'm gonna slow down big time. I didnt like being forced to buy packages for one shoe, but it was a good way to get a few retro'sI've never had before. I think its safe for me to say that I wont buy any retro after the XIII's though. I'm very disappointed in how Jordans haveincreased in price however dropped off in quality. If I remember correctly the Jordan boxes used to say "Quality inspired by the greatest player ever," now that statement seems to have been brushed under the carpet in order to increase their own profit. I guess now its onto Lebrons possibly? Nikeretro's definitely look very promising especially with the return of the Griffeys. I was really hoping for JB to end the Countdown Packs with a bang andgive us a quality XI, but the mesh is ridiculously hard and the overall look is a little off. I mean I still lined up at 5am for them, but am I happy withthem? I'm happy I have them, but would I recommend a non collector to buy anything Jordan Brand? Never! The brand seems to have retired with Michaelhimself. I honestly hope that Micheal Jordan does not realize how terrible the quality is and just is out of touch with his brand, because he is the reason Ibuy these shoes-because of what I witnessed him do in these shoes and the memories I have of his amazing performances in his shoes. Now it just seems like thebrand says, just get the stupid shoes put together the cheapest way possible, it doesnt matter if quality is Payless like, they'll but it anyway. Luckilyfor them the actual design of the shoes sell themselves. But if they really want to see the future of the Brand look at the sales of the packages whichincluded shoes with designs that arent so popular such as the XX's, XX1's, XX2's, and even the XVIIIs-even the White/Red V's couldnt help sellthe XVIIIs. Overall Jordan Brand is somewhat like a son or daughter-you can never stop loving it, but you can be extremely disappointed in its decisions andI'll just leave it at that. Sorry for the rant, but thats just how I feel about the situation.

They ain't goin anywhere. They'll hit us w/something, I guarantee it !

COOK # 45
Esse quam videri.

Oh naaah! JB aint goin nowhere. Rememer what Tinker said on the dvd that comes with the XX3's? . . . At one point on there he said that JB is set up to go4ever. And he's right. Besides . . . Not everything has to be a OG Color Retro for it to be hot!! LOL. Shoes like Six Rings and True Flights, Ol Schools,and 9.5s are actually pretty nice if U just give em a chance & dont shoot it down at 1st sight just because its not a retro. They have to spread the retrosout over a course of years or they'll be waaay too many out there & you want be able to keep pace. I can't even keep pace with the way things arenow! Lol. I mean just imagine if your favorite artist would drop a new album every month!! Would'nt make since would it?? But anyway. . . They aint goinnowhere any time soon. They can keep goin clear up thru 2050 if they choose to do so. And i beleive they will. I want my unborn kids to experience the thrill& joy of owning a brand new pair of AJ's! I feel sorry for the new generations to come if they dont get to expierence J'z the same way we did. Andjust think. By then all the retros you'll see!!! They can just keep on making retros and they'll still sale out 25 years from now. That alone will keeptheir business boomin. Just think of the possibilities?? Nike Air Jordan's turning 50 years old! WoW! A pair of retro XX3's in the year 2049 could be ageneral release and cost $250 and i bet we'll still buy em! Thats how JB will stay alive & kickin. Its true. They got us by the text books.

lol you guys will be back trust me.

JB can't survive without retros.

Watch, when the Infrared VI's come back yall will be hoppin back on JB's nuts lol

I know i will

I'm not saying i'm completly done with JB but i wont be buying much at all next year as JB come at us with their Reebok style product line up nextyear.

Thank god for Nike's 2009 line up

Back
Top Bottom