Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by gConquer

anyone ever take a break from the gym and weights to just cut weight (15-30 lbs) with straight dieting and cardio?

but lifting weights makes it easier to lose weight, i dont see the logic in this

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by Zyzz

why am i having such a hard time losing belly fat? im lean everywhere and in great shape overall but my belly sticks out. Im eating pretty good, very little to non white bread. get enough protein and honestly not that much fat and im eating at or under maintenance. what gives?

also just got results from the doctor and somehow my cholesterol has gone up even though ive lost 15-20lbs in the last 2 months and havent touch fast food other than a weekly pizza

im either having really bad luck or yea i dont know..
30t6p3b.gif

By: Derek Beast Charlebois

[table][tr][td]Part 1 | Part 2 [/td][/tr][/table]​
In part I of this Stubborn Fat Stack series we examined supplements that can help get rid of that stubborn, pesky fat:

i2.gif

Supplement Summary
i2.gif

• Yohimbine blocks Alpha2 activation allowing for greater fat breakdown to occur and also increase blood flow to adipose tissue, making it perfect for targeting stubborn fat.
  • Caffeine increase lipolysis by inhibiting the Adenosine receptor and PDE and also increases energy and delays fatigue.
  • ALCAR increases the transportation of FFAs into the mitochondria and enhances fat oxidation.
  • Green Tea Extract inhibits COMT thereby increasing lipolysis
  • Sesamin increases the genes involved in fat oxidation, increasing one's capacity for fat loss and also decreases fat storage
The combination of Yohimbine+Caffeine+ALCAR+Green Tea Extract+Sesamin would make for the PERFECT Stubborn Fat Stack.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast53.htm  = link.

hope this helps
You dont need all this stuff to lose stubborn fat.

Stubborn fat becomes a problem when you hit 10% BF. Once you get to that level you likely need to do the following:
-Reduce carbs to 20% or less of total daily income of calories
-Empty stomach HIIT or slow cardio for 45-60 minutes
-You can take 0.2 mg per KG of bodyweight of Yohimbine HCL + 200mg caffeine + 1-3 mg of L-Tyrosine 30-60 minutes prior to EMPTY stomach cardio if you want to improve stubborn fat mobilization. You dont need this stack if you're going very low carb although this stack is probably the best in terms of attacking stubborn fat. You dont need the other stuff.

Yohimbine is useless when food is consumed so I dont know why this guy recommends taking it in the afternoon. Yohimbine should only be taken on an empty stomach or atleast 3 hours after any calories have been consumed. It's probably the best and most proven stubborn fat burner out there but it's most useful for those under 10% BF.
is Yohimbine safe to take? id consider starting to take that

this is the workout i was talking about. 

had an 80lb vest on, 40lb chain around my neck.

100lb plate.

alternate arms on rotation.

good core, chest, tri, shoulder burnout.

i use it as my burnout on my shoulders/ trap day.

it can be used obv with 45lb plate.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Can never go wrong with ON's Whey. Taste good and gets the job done.

So even though its not "listed as a Post Workout Recovery Drink" , it should help with the soreness etc ?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Is glutamine really that helpful?

Lady at the store told me since I wasn't buying Accerlade or a "post workout recovery drink" that I should add the Glutamine to the mix to aid with recovery. So I listen to her. No idea about the usefulness though.

Originally Posted by gConquer

anyone ever take a break from the gym and weights to just cut weight (15-30 lbs) with straight dieting and cardio?
why would you wanna do that? im pretty sure a good portion of that would be muscle mass unless youre doing bodyweight exercises.

glutamine supplementation is absolutely worthless

a gluten-free diet shouldn't affect your putting on weight at all

bwood where do you work out?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Is glutamine really that helpful?

I don't really know, but I use Xtend and it has some in it and I feel I recover quickly.
Yes, it is. Most BCAA's will contain Glutamine (I know USP Modern BCAA does NOT) and most whey protein will also include Glutamine. I personally don't think it's necessary to buy any additional

My gym looks nothing like that ...kinda jelly

Glutamine is kinda useless. Citrulline malate , beta alanine or creatine would be more helpful in recover.

Taking a look at accelerade , its just carbs and just a little bit of protein (20g to 5g) at about $1 a serving, lame. Save your money for food.

Dont be scared of alil soreness, it's bound to happen. If it bugs you alot then try a foam roller and stretching also contrast showers (hot then cold) work wonders.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

glutamine supplementation is absolutely worthless

a gluten-free diet shouldn't affect your putting on weight at all

bwood where do you work out?

powerhouse downtown tampa.
place is 
smokin.gif

ive been taking oxy elite pro for about a week now and i have no idea what you guys are talking about, i am $@%++$+ STARVING, i though this %%## was supposed to curb your appetite 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

ive been taking oxy elite pro for about a week now and i have no idea what you guys are talking about, i am $@%++$+ STARVING, i though this %%## was supposed to curb your appetite 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, i just got my bottle in today, gonna start on monday, its not making you hungrier is it?

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, i just got my bottle in today, gonna start on monday, its not making you hungrier is it?
it should...i take it in the morning before i work out 8am then i don't eat till 4pm ha ha ha. makes you sweaty as hell though at the gym and when your just chillin.

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
hungrier? nah. I just figured with the way people were talking about it saying they could barely eat and almost would forget to eat, thats some horse %@+%
laugh.gif
, sure ive been trying to eat less while on it, but these people must not be eating much in the first place

it does work though, just within the week i can tell ive lost fat, and yeah it does make you sweat a lot more

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Fellow NTers:

Please help your boy out. I am in dire need of HELP!

So my friends and I made a bet, for my very own well being. I gotta get down from 210ish to 190, by August 14th, for our cruise ship vacation. If i dont make the cut, I gotta dye my hair platinum blonde.

i am NOT tryna look like Sisqo while on a boat with 3,000+ passengers
laugh.gif
a few months ago, we had a biggest loser contest at work. i lost 21# in 30 days and won. do your best at maximizing your calorie deficit. do plenty of cardio, eat as little as possible and as healthy and smart as possible - i'm not going into specifics because you can research most of this yourself. the key to my win was dehydrating myself on the last day. for the last 24 hours, don't eat anything and do your best not to drink anything. swish water in your mouth and spit it out. if you have access to a steam room or sauna, start hitting it in there before you sleep the last night before the weigh in or even better, start on the morning of the weigh in. if you can't do that, do soaking session in a hot tub with some epsom salts. do those things in sessions for as long as you can handle it. don't rinse off after that, just towel off. you can dehydrate 10# or more overnight if you're dedicated. losing 20# in that many days should be super easy. (i lost the 21# without doing any exercise - if i had been doing some work at the gym, i'd have lost way more weight).

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

Can never go wrong with ON's Whey. Taste good and gets the job done.

So even though its not "listed as a Post Workout Recovery Drink" , it should help with the soreness etc ?

if your feeling sore, just take a cold shower, stretch and rest. 

Originally Posted by sloanboy

how long do you think it takes to get a bad meal out of your body?

I believe full digestion is around 48 hours.
Your stomach will be clear within 4 though.

No scientist. 
grin.gif

Hey NT, i'm trying to bulk up but it becomes difficult when i'm always busy with school and work. What do you guys do? Any suggestions on what to eat/take/do to make my goal easier to achieve?

Back
Top Bottom