Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

noob question: fell off the horse and havent worked out for a couple months, ive always wondered this though... Just started working out again and im sore as ##!@, after ive gone for like a couple weeks or so though im not as sore as i would get say the first week. am i not gaining as much muscle like the plateau effect or is my body just getting used to working out again?

cliffies: does no pain = no gain?
  Dont use soreness as an indicator of your workout.  Theres no correlation.

That's a shame
ohwell.gif

I thought my forearms just get gradually stronger as I continue to work out, and everything kind of evens out by itself.
So there's nothing I can do besides just working out only my forearms? I did it for a good few months a year or two ago. I had hand grips, but stopped because I lost them.
That's why I'm kind of surprised as well, I thought my forearms would be at least decent.
There's nothing else I can buy or use?
They will get stronger the more you exercise.  I dont know if this is the case, but take notice to how hard to grip something.  Often times people will take all their stress and pressure out on their grip thus creating tight forearms during an exercise.  You want to hold the weight, not grab it tightly.

Your forearm muscles will progression if they are being hit as a secondary muscle group; however, the results will not be the same compared to primary workouts. You kind of want to even it out since, you are working your upper arms you need a "good" forearm muscles to balance the weight. ~
  "Primary" forearm exercises wont help him in this case, and they dont help many people either.

hey NT

im 5' 11" and 160 lbs... so im not really trying to lose weight. I mostly want to tone myself up. If it possible to do this without a gym? Is there a workout you would recommend? Thanks

If you're using wrist-straps on Deads or Rack-Pulls, you can just keep a regular palms-down grip. That alternated grip works well if you're trying to DL without any straps so the bar can't roll out of your hand. I'd just recommend going with one or the other.

Today's workout:

v-bar chins: 4 x 6-10
wide grip chins: 3 x 6-10

Deadlifts:
warmup 1 x 10
225 1 x 10
315 1 x 8
405 1 x 6
495 1 x 1
515 1 x 1 (new PR)

T-bar rows: 4 x 6-12, drop set at the end.

About to go play basketball... today is my off day from the gym, but I usually go just to do cardio and abs.. so this basketball session is going to be good cardio..
pimp.gif

shoulder day today. had to re schedule becuase gym is closed tomorrow.
Im going for 135lb military press which is a PR and goal of mine from the past few months.

past 2 weeks ive been doing 5 miles 3days a week in addition to some weight training. I plan on making on 6 miles 5 days a week starting next week.

going to hawaii in 2 weeks exactly, been working out and i seen some gains...is there anyway i can maximize my workout for the next 2 weeks? im doing a lot of cardio already if that helps

Today's WOD...

55 pull-ups
55 reverse lunges (24kg kettlebell)
55 kettlebell swings (24kg)
55 push-ups
55 reverse crunches
55 goblet squats (24kg kettlebell)

I'm spent.

After a night of drinking, added on with munching on Doritos and such, I feel even more
sick.gif

Bad Spring Break habits FTL.

Also... to who ever recommended c-bol thank you
I've gotten fantastic workouts and can actually see and feel the difference in comparison to mono-hydrate.

someone commented on my veins during upright rows.. that big vein on the top of bicep was popping through my shirt
sick.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

toast1985, are you dehydrated?
No, I usually take a swig between reps. I am well hydrated I would say.

Looking throughout Google, some say it may be a lack of potassium in my diet. I sometimes eat a banana before my workout, but I am going to make sure I have enough before I work out.

how often you working them out , might just be over training . Mines get sore to the point some times i can crunch any more
Thats the thing, it first occured like a month ago. I cramped out when I was working them out about 3-4x a week. Then I gave it a rest for a while, and tried it again Saturday, and spazzed out again.

I wonder where audi and joe cam are at? audi is probobly dirty bulking somewhere and joe cam is probably on that extended spring break.

2ce6ijm.jpg

Progress pictures

6 months in.

168 LBS.

Down From 190+

Still have a long way to go. Have to lose the love handles and strengthen my core.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Jordan Novice, Either that or your doing your arm exercises in the wrong form or lifting too much weight. But in the case of just your forearm muscles, try googling forearm workouts. Look for primary muslce workouts not secondary such as preacher's curls.

Your forearm muscles will progression if they are being hit as a secondary muscle group; however, the results will not be the same compared to primary workouts. You kind of want to even it out since, you are working your upper arms you need a "good" forearm muscles to balance the weight. ~
I don't think I'm lifting too much, some days my forearm hurt more than others. And sometimes I can do more reps. I sometimes think I may be gripping the weight improperly. My right forearm always tends to be more sore than my right one. I even think I could be losing some blood circulation to my arm, not sure if that could even be possible.

Edit - Also, when I do bicep exercises, I usually do dumbbells instead of curl bar. Whenever the weight goes down after each rep, my arm is just sort of hanging there, and I feel an intense burn on my forearm

Joe Camel probably winding down his coke binge, waiting to get back into the gym so his heart doesnt explode.

been following for motivation. i begin my 3rd phase of p90x sunday. in two months ive dropped 20 lbs. i'm going to push it this next month to get some size.

i have a naturally thin frame and i'm happy with the changes, but it will require an entirely different nutrition plan to gain size when i'm done p90x.

Originally Posted by MrBojangles202

What are the pros/cons of going 10 days on a fruit/veggie detox?
Pros: Might clean you out a little bit
Cons: Lose muscle, doesn't necessarily work, isn't long term cleansing, nutrient deficiency

I say this because any change in diet that will detox your body is great, but if you dump the same toxins back in, there's no point. Instead of trying a detox diet, why not try a diet that can strengthen your immune system? Short-term fasts, like 16 hour fasts can certainly help your immune system strengthen itself. As you lose body fat, you release toxins. Body fat is a storage site of toxins. Any time you lose body fat, the body releases toxins that are stored in the fat.

Also, eating exclusively fruits and vegetables is not ideal when they come from far from ideal sources. Commercially grown produce lacks nutrients and has toxins in the form of pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, etc. Apples, pears, potatoes, berries, etc. get sprayed a lot with pesticides, and when you eat commercially grown ones, it's hard to avoid them.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I would tell them to focus on ingesting fewer toxins by eating healthier foods from good sources.

have been working out/cardio for about 1.5 months now. Also have cleaned up my diet best i can.
have a 1.5 week vacation and will be without a gym and time to do cardio for the most part.
if i stay eating healthy i shouldnt get back the body fat that i recently lost will I?
still trying to make an effort to make some time to do some cardio but its just so hard on vacation and without a gym.

Back
Top Bottom