Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by capricdragon

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

What's up everybody, new to the thread. I been trying to workout recently and I wanted to know what yall thought about my splits. I'm a skinny sprinter so I'm trying to lift for strength

Mon - Chest/Back
Wed - Legs/Abs (core)
Fri - Arms/Shoulders

I keep my workouts around 30-40 minutes and I do 3 sets for about 4-6 reps per exercise.

Any advice?
Pretty good.  I personally don't like working legs.
Plus cardio sucks, but have to do it.
change up your sets ever so often.
Fix It with New Rep Counts
Elimi nate the 10-rep, 3-set routines.

Why it works: Your body quickly adapts to the number of reps you perform, but it takes a while to adjust to the exercises you do. (That’s why you can keep using the same exercises.) By changing your rep ranges on a weekly basis, you’re gaining benefits from the repeated movements while always pushing your body in new ways—and that helps you increase strength. When you improve in each workout, you add new muscle.

Read more: http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/lift-smarter/upgrade-your-program.php#ixzz1DWtga200

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

nerd.gif

[/font]

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Anybody here take Kre Alkalyn? Been taking it for about a month now and my strength has extremely improved but i've also have cut weight and dropped bf% so I highly recommend it.

Also for an athlete would you guys recommend MP assault, Jack3d or ON's preworkout mix?? Been taking Slingshot but that doesn't have the caffeine I want in it.
information on it?
nerd.gif

need to catch up on this thread, taking exercise physiology and im completely understanding everything. Time to take action!

Going to start INSANITY within a couple days or so, and also going to keep up with my weight lifting. just this stupidcold weather is keeping me inside. one day its 60, next day its 30 with teen wind chills... welcome to Texas

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Ok seems like Ill just stick with that shake... Taste really good btw!

That would really help towards my 3500+ calorie intake

Yeah flip.. I need to eat hella more.. can someone quickly estimate how many calories my usual intake would be?

Breakfast:
1 Cup Oats + 2tbsp PB
3 Whole eggs
500cal Mutant Mass

Snack: (cant really eat due to work hours)
- Banana

Lunch/Pre Workout
- Can Tuna or Chicken Breast + Tomato lol
- 0.5 - 1 Sweet Potatoe or 1 cup Brown Rice

Post Workout/Dinner:
- Big T-Bone steak or Chicken Breast or Fish Fillet
- 1-2 cup Brown Rice or 1-2 Sweet Potatoe

Pre Bed:
500 cal Mutant Mass

I need to eat more veggies I know... does that sound like 3000ish cals?

Im getting bigger, lifiting heavier, but I want MASS lol... I guess it takes time.  I do eat the occassional cheat meal too, like sushi, pad thai, mcd's etc.. on the weekend, this helps with the calories I guess. I know with slow bulking, you won't gain much fat, but it takes time.

Mutant Mass has helped me get that 1000+ calories a day, its more convenient for me too. 

Originally Posted by capricdragon

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

What's up everybody, new to the thread. I been trying to workout recently and I wanted to know what yall thought about my splits. I'm a skinny sprinter so I'm trying to lift for strength

Mon - Chest/Back
Wed - Legs/Abs (core)
Fri - Arms/Shoulders

I keep my workouts around 30-40 minutes and I do 3 sets for about 4-6 reps per exercise.

Any advice?
Pretty good.  I personally don't like working legs.
Plus cardio sucks, but have to do it.
You can make faster gains if you work the moves frequently and do a full body routine, especially since you just started out. It's not uncommon for a novice to gain 20-40 lbs on Starting Strength if they eat enough.
I hate squats, but I love deadlifts. I still do both. Training isn't always about doing what you like. If it was, curls and bench presses only would be enough to get someone to Ronnie Coleman's level.

topherr wrote:
Going to start INSANITY within a couple days or so, and also going to keep up with my weight lifting. just this stupidcold weather is keeping me inside. one day its 60, next day its 30 with teen wind chills... welcome to Texas

Don't do it. Insanity is a stand alone program. You'll wind up overtrained or injured.

Hit the sauna for a bit after lifting this morning 
eek.gif
swear I saw every vein in my body and I'm not a slim dude 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

eek.gif
laugh.gif
i love the sauna.

i do a combo of sauna for 15. cold shower for 1 minute.

repeat for like 3 times.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

eek.gif
laugh.gif
i love the sauna.

i do a combo of sauna for 15. cold shower for 1 minute.

repeat for like 3 times.

pimp.gif
I did sauna for 15, few laps in the pool, another 15, and another few laps. I left the gym feeling like a million bucks
pimp.gif

it's really amazing. afterwards you feel so blissful and relaxed.

straight chill mode when you get home. i swear it feels like i been
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Ok seems like Ill just stick with that shake... Taste really good btw!

That would really help towards my 3500+ calorie intake

Yeah flip.. I need to eat hella more.. can someone quickly estimate how many calories my usual intake would be?

Breakfast:
1 Cup Oats + 2tbsp PB
3 Whole eggs
500cal Mutant Mass

Snack: (cant really eat due to work hours)
- Banana

Lunch/Pre Workout
- Can Tuna or Chicken Breast + Tomato lol
- 0.5 - 1 Sweet Potatoe or 1 cup Brown Rice

Post Workout/Dinner:
- Big T-Bone steak or Chicken Breast or Fish Fillet
- 1-2 cup Brown Rice or 1-2 Sweet Potatoe

Pre Bed:
500 cal Mutant Mass

I need to eat more veggies I know... does that sound like 3000ish cals?

Im getting bigger, lifiting heavier, but I want MASS lol... I guess it takes time.  I do eat the occassional cheat meal too, like sushi, pad thai, mcd's etc.. on the weekend, this helps with the calories I guess. I know with slow bulking, you won't gain much fat, but it takes time.

Mutant Mass has helped me get that 1000+ calories a day, its more convenient for me too. 
Go through your list and along with the power of google, estimate the calories for each meal.
You're good with 5 meals...get at least 650 cals per meal

Things to eat to help obtain 650 PER MEAL

Milk, chocolate milk, avocado, flax seed oil, peanut butter, almond butter, whole wheat pasta, etc, etc

That mutant mass stuff isn't ideal.... sure it helps you put up the caloric numbers but it's not healthy and the idea of getting huge isn't about getting unhealthly.

I3:

did this real quick...yes Im that bored at work lol... but if any of you guys have an iphone Id reccomend a the fitday app its awesome when your dieting hard and everything count....

287nf6d.jpg

didnt add the mutant mass since I dont have the macros but its does put you in 3000 range.

What do you guys think of this routine? I'm trying to gain a little mass, and get more cut.
I'm currently 194 lbs. I want to be about 203-205 lbs.

It's a 3 day cycle:
Day 1: Back, bicep, abs.
Day 2: Chest, shoulders, triceps.
Day 3: Legs, abs.

And some cardio everyday.

Also any dieting tips to help me achieve my goal?

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

I3:

did this real quick...yes Im that bored at work lol... but if any of you guys have an iphone Id reccomend a the fitday app its awesome when your dieting hard and everything count....

287nf6d.jpg

didnt add the mutant mass since I dont have the macros but its does put you in 3000 range.

Thanks buddy!!

Damn.. so my food intake without Mutant Mass is around the 2000 mark.. damn. I need to eat more and more - maybe add some fast food in there.  @#%$!!

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

I3:

287nf6d.jpg

Thanks buddy!!

Damn.. so my food intake without Mutant Mass is around the 2000 mark.. damn. I need to eat more and more - maybe add some fast food in there.  @#%$!!

Nah dude, don't eat fast food.

Just drink more shakes...add peanut butter to all your shakes (calorie dense).

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

What do you guys think of this routine? I'm trying to gain a little mass, and get more cut.

It's a 3 day cycle:

if you're trying to bulk, doing cardio everyday is going to be counter-productive.

split looks decent, just make sure to go heavy on your big lifts (squads, deads, bench press)

I'm trying to loose about 30 pounds. One step I have taken is to eliminate eating fast food. Its my 4th day Not eating it. Would it be wise to continue this course, or are there health options at fast food places (i.e. grilled chicken) that I can partake.

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

It's a 3 day cycle:

if you're trying to bulk, doing cardio everyday is going to be counter-productive.

split looks decent, just make sure to go heavy on your big lifts (squads, deads, bench press)

I'm extremely out of shape cardio-wise and need to bulk, I shouldn't do ANY cardio at all?

How about if you just eat even more calories to make up for the calories lost doing cardio?

Also, can someone recommended me a good, easy to make post-workout shake?

Originally Posted by retrospect90

I'm trying to loose about 30 pounds. One step I have taken is to eliminate eating fast food. Its my 4th day Not eating it. Would it be wise to continue this course, or are there health options at fast food places (i.e. grilled chicken) that I can partake.

is your lifestyle that busy or are you lazy?

not an attack.......i mean really why not cook your own grilled chicken thats so easy, why would you waste that at fast food for like 4+ dollars?

how often were you eating fast food? only your 4th day? you can save yourself a lot of money and get more/better quality food if you do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom