STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So youre saying that anything that doesnt make sense to you is considered"broscience"? Because for once theres actual science being discussed.

saying that it is broscience does not literally mean that it is wrong/unproven... people who bring up that term are just more on the side of keeping it simple which means, eating right and training right. :smh::smh:
protein powder in gatorade..im not sure why you cant just drink your protein with water and then drink the gatorade..

Last edited:
So youre saying that anything that doesnt make sense to you is considered"broscience"? Because for once theres actual science being discussed.

saying that it is broscience does not literally mean that it is wrong/unproven... people who bring up that term are just more on the side of keeping it simple which means, eating right and training right. :smh::smh:
protein powder in gatorade..im not sure why you cant just drink your protein with water and then drink the gatorade..

This. :x But to each his own!

Read my post 2 replies up.
I did. No ones claiming that eating a balanced diet and consistent training isnt important. Of course those two things are the foundations to exercise and a healthier lifestyle. We were discussing the finer, scientific details of exercise which isnt "broscience" at all. Instead of just scoffing at the information, you could learn from it.

Now broscience means keeping things simple? wtf? The term is regarded for people that dont actually understand the science.

No ones saying you cant drink those items like that. Youre missing the whole point.

Last edited:
I did. No ones claiming that eating a balanced diet and consistent training isnt important. Of course those two things are the foundations to exercise and a healthier lifestyle. We were discussing the finer, scientific details of exercise which isnt "broscience" at all. Instead of just scoffing at the information, you could learn from it.
Now broscience means keeping things simple? wtf? The term is regarded for people that dont actually understand the science.
No ones saying you cant drink those items like that. Youre missing the whole point.
SERIOUSLY

beyond WOOSH.

Again, im not "scoffing" at it. Looking to try it out actually.

Youre looking way too much into my reply. Relax bud.

Nvm. Carry on. Its gonna be a pointless back and forth.

Last edited:
I am relaxed. If my replies come across as being anything negative then thats my fault. Its just that the term "broscience" has such a negative connotation and its a shame when its used in reference to actual physiology.

I understand that over 90% of the questions/comments in this thread are going to be very broad and vague. Most individuals need that kind of information/discussion and shouldnt be concerned with the minute details of optimizing sport and exercise performance. But for those who are into those topics and are capable of discussing/arguing its importance or relevance, its a welcomed addition to the thread.

Trying to increase how much water I drink, making me pee every 10 mins but it'll be worth it in the long run. :D

Also I did that calorie calculator and it says for Fat loss 2336 how much am I allowed to eat to reach that?

Last edited:
I am relaxed. If my replies come across as being anything negative then thats my fault. Its just that the term "broscience" has such a negative connotation and its a shame when its used in reference to actual physiology.
I understand that over 90% of the questions/comments in this thread are going to be very broad and vague. Most individuals need that kind of information/discussion and shouldnt be concerned with the minute details of optimizing sport and exercise performance. But for those who are into those topics and are capable of discussing/arguing its importance or relevance, its a welcomed addition to the thread.
I dont mean to discredit the "broscience" either. Now that I think of it, I forget that broscience has such a negative connotation to it. I gotta learn to use that word in the right context.

But yeah, you are right. Even a little bit helps, and if theres a way to further optimize protein then that is something that could and should be discussed.

Carry on.
nthat.gif

What's the best and cheapest way to gain weight? I'm skinny as hell, 6'1 156, and I'm desperately trying to gain some type of weight.

I'm trying to get back to working out regularly, but even when I did I was still the exact same size, so obviously I'm doing this eating thing wrong.

Advice?

What's the best and cheapest way to gain weight? I'm skinny as hell, 6'1 156, and I'm desperately trying to gain some type of weight.

I'm trying to get back to working out regularly, but even when I did I was still the exact same size, so obviously I'm doing this eating thing wrong.

Advice?

drink a gallon of milk everyday.

best $3 (i think it costs less? :lol:) you will spend to gain weight.

i just bought some resistance bands. wanted to try em out and see how they do. anybody ever messed wit em?

LOL. You are over analyzing everything. I am not missing the point on the protein powder with a scoop of protein, thats where your broscience comes in. But to each their own..

Last edited:
why? lactose intolerant?
you dont have to drink it all at once

Nah, not even.

I just find regular milk disgusting for some reason. I can drink milkshakes n eat ice cream, but just straight white milk doesn't sit well with me :\

make it chocolate milk?

its cheap man, you can be poor and still gain weight with milk :lol:

just a suggestion

Whats anyones take on soy milk? My boy said he's been drinking chocolate soy milk and its been doing him good. Whatever that means.

id stay away from soy, its garbage IMO

if you want a milk alternative then go with almond milk, its delicious and come in vanilla and dark chocolate.

Yeah?

He swears by it, having it for breakfast every morning with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
laugh.gif

Why is it so bad? I remember having a glass of chocolate soy milk at my cousins house once and it tasted pretty damn good. Aside from that, never touched it.

look it up, Soy is not good for you regardless or what "some" people say. its claimed as great because its so damn cheap to grow so its being used more and more.

if you think soy milk tastes good epsecially flavored then you will love almond milk or even try coconut milk. not a fan of coconut milk though but some people love it.

going into muay thai i thought i was in great shape
but damn its been kicking my ***, im liking it a lot tho.

Back
Top Bottom