STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah?

He swears by it, having it for breakfast every morning with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :lol:

Why is it so bad? I remember having a glass of chocolate soy milk at my cousins house once and it tasted pretty damn good. Aside from that, never touched it.

look it up, Soy is not good for you regardless or what "some" people say. its claimed as great because its so damn cheap to grow so its being used more and more.

if you think soy milk tastes good epsecially flavored then you will love almond milk or even try coconut milk. not a fan of coconut milk though but some people love it.

Hmm, ill give almond milk a try. Can get it at your local grocery shop?

Tried Soy milk years ago, had the same ill effect on me as dairy. Tried oat, rice, goat, all were great, but rice was far too watery, and oat had too much of the flavor, and goat was much too expensive. Almond milk is it for me, close enough to the real thing, and the unsweetened varieties are awesome, and much fewer cals than the sweetened variety. I tried coconut, too thick, not creamy, a bit like a lighter half and half? And there was too much of that coconut flavor for my tastebuds.

Yes sir!

As far as the milk discussion going on here... I just stick to organic skim milk.

Simple as that, it's the healthiest of all! I mean sure people don't like the taste, but that doesn't apply to me. I rarely drink milk just to drink it, I always have it flavored up with my cereal.

Anyway, check this site out... Tells the differences in milk.

http://pickyeaterblog.com/got-the-healthiest-milk/

Last edited:
i dont drink dairy period anymore, havent drank it in 6-7 months. If it wasnt for greek yogurt i wouldnt consume it period.

What are some fast digesting protein foods? Preferably great to eat in the morning?

I'm going all natural (saves me a lot of money too) and I'd like some recommendations. I've been eating 3 eggs/2 egg whites and a wheat bagel / or 2 bowls of cereal and 2 rolls of sweet multi-grain in the morning.

I heard eggs take a while to digest, though I could be wrong. What y'all eat upon waking?

Last edited:
What are some fast digesting protein foods? Preferably great to eat in the morning?

I'm going all natural (saves me a lot of money too) and I'd like some recommendations. I've been eating 3 eggs/2 egg whites and a wheat bagel / or 2 bowls of cereal and 2 rolls of sweet multi-grain in the morning.

I heard eggs take a while to digest, though I could be wrong. What y'all eat upon waking?

Why do they have to digest fast...if you're still hitting your macros?

Forgive me if macro is such a common term. What is macros? Simply the nutrients/protein you need for the day?

Also, starting a new split today. Hit upper back and shoulders, next workout day deadlift and chest, then bicep/tricep, and a light leg workout. I sneak in abs whenever. Also running 10 miles a week, usually 2-3 miles after a lifting session.

Down to 197 from 200 last week.
pimp.gif

On another note, how "bad" is tempura rolls for you? If theres one thing I wont give up, its that.
laugh.gif
Good thing is I get it probably once every week/2 weeks if that.

Im focused! Just got a gym membership and going grocery shopping tonight. Im checking this thread daily for encouragement.

Macronutrients - Proteins, Carbohydrates, Fats
Miconutrients - Vitamins, Minerals.

hey NTfam, I am planning to work on my chest, can anyone here suggest me some exercises I can do at home? thanks

fell off for almost 2 weeks and feel so sluggish........back on monday morning....will tell how it went in the p.m....

:smokin

fell off for almost 2 weeks and feel so sluggish........back on monday morning....will tell how it went in the p.m....
smokin.gif
If i went 2 wks without workin out id feel like i hadnt worked out in years..i went to the lake this wknd and havent wrked out in 3 days and i feel like its been months

Im actually gonna dread when school starts again for me. In class Mon-Wed and Friday. Hopefully I can keep my workout schedule.

Now when its finals week...
tired.gif

I don't think I've ever had a question answered in any Vol. of this thread :smh: .

So if I am looking to continue to bulk but/and want to see development in my abs, how should I go about that? In terms of dieting.

^

I dont think theres a way. You can bulk, work out on your abs, then when you cut you'll be able to see results. Thats about it, but im sure you knew that already.

^

I dont think theres a way. You can bulk, work out on your abs, then when you cut you'll be able to see results. Thats about it, but im sure you knew that already.

Yeah, I figured I would have to just cut later on to see them really show up.

I actually think this topic was covered either last page or the page before, as far as eating just enough over your bodily needs and eating the right amounts of protein, carbs and fat to increase and support growth, yet not pack on excess weight. It has a lot to do with your routine and method of increasing muscle, and targeted areas as well. I wanna say Zyzz, Club 27/Viete, and Cinco covered it (amongst others)

Hmm, I'll search back the past few pages, maybe I just overlooked their posts.

Eating is such a chore, but it has to get done.

If you want to improve abs while bulking your not gonna have much luck unless you fall into one of these categories. Youre a newbie. If that's the case with proper exercise and nutrition you could possibly add muscle while losing bodyfat. If youre extremely overweight. Heavy guys can have some )success with shedding and adding at the same time also. Third would be if youre on a cycle. Even if any of the above are true its gonna be difficult and nutrition will be the key. You could lean bulk which is eating slightly over maintenance and not gain much fat but the muscle will come slow too. I'd suggest a good routine eat clean well over maintenance and shed the fat when you have the muscle you want.

If you want to improve abs while bulking your not gonna have much luck unless you fall into one of these categories. Youre a newbie. If that's the case with proper exercise and nutrition you could possibly add muscle while losing bodyfat. If youre extremely overweight. Heavy guys can have some )success with shedding and adding at the same time also. Third would be if youre on a cycle. Even if any of the above are true its gonna be difficult and nutrition will be the key. You could lean bulk which is eating slightly over maintenance and not gain much fat but the muscle will come slow too. I'd suggest a good routine eat clean well over maintenance and shed the fat when you have the muscle you want.

I've been working out for about two years now, but only within the last year have I gotten serious in terms of knowing what I need to get done in order to see true results.

I have an extremely fast metabolism, which is why I get annoyed at how much I have to eat in order to see weight gains. I weigh in at about 165lbs at 5'11", looking to get to 175lbs (no real timetable).

I've gone backwards this summer. Bulking during the summer and I guess my plan is to cut at some point beginning in the late fall/early winter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom