STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It really isn't.......IF........you're eating healthy/clean.

I'm eating 2600/2800 calories a day to gain mass.  That joint is tough sometimes.

Lol I mean I don't care about all that healthy crap I'm not gonna eat nothing fried, but I find it impossible to have to eat that much and stay under the "reccomended" sodium and chelostoral levels. There's no way of even telling if most these studies are legit until another 23 generations of people because old school bodybuilders aren't even dead yet and most were on roids so you can't even compare them to your avg joe on a bulk

You guys know what I start eating now with my eggs for added protein? I get these frozen shredded steaks from Sams Club. Like 12 in a pack, each one has 18 grams of protein. Just cook them with eggs and its great :pimp:

i thought the problem was that my wrist wasn't flexible enough...i know once i get my wrist right ill be able to push more weight, at the moment my wrist tend to bend forward and i end up psyching myself out, losing control of the bar....it sucks.
i had the same issue, then staring of last month i have been taking calcium supplements and the effects starts immediately, i can finally work on my forearm and biceps and not worry about the pain and tension in my wrist...supplements are awesome!

I`m seeing theres cats bulking at 4000 calories. Wow Must be nice.

beginning of the year i was still in my bulk and this thread started to really explode people talking abt eating arnd 2k cals i was bulking at 5k+ and barely gaining any weight while doing no cardio eating a dozen eggs a day, 3 sandwiches and 20 oz of chicken breast daily i recently cut arnd 1k out and dropped 7 lbs this past wk (which im nt really to happy abt but as long as my strength stays the same im cool)

beginning of the year i was still in my bulk and this thread started to really explode people talking abt eating arnd 2k cals i was bulking at 5k+ and barely gaining any weight while doing no cardio eating a dozen eggs a day, 3 sandwiches and 20 oz of chicken breast daily i recently cut arnd 1k out and dropped 7 lbs this past wk (which im nt really to happy abt but as long as my strength stays the same im cool)

You must work an active job

5000 calories and barely gaining weight?

You went down to 4000 calories and lost 7 pounds?!

None of this makes sense to me.

Lol I mean I don't care about all that healthy crap I'm not gonna eat nothing fried, but I find it impossible to have to eat that much and stay under the "reccomended" sodium and chelostoral levels. There's no way of even telling if most these studies are legit until another 23 generations of people because old school bodybuilders aren't even dead yet and most were on roids so you can't even compare them to your avg joe on a bulk

i was bulking at around 4500 cals. it wasnt that hard for me. i just added 2 weight gain shakes to my regular meals and was set.

i was bulking at around 4500 cals. it wasnt that hard for me. i just added 2 weight gain shakes to my regular meals and was set.

Be careful or the mass gainer police in here will getcha

Everybody is different.  Require different amounts of calories to bulk/cut.

Went hard on my core yesterday, but ate 3 breadsticks later on after smoking.

I gotta control my munchies when under the influence.

I feel horrible! I let myself down :smh:

Yeh those munches are a problem.

I lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks for an average of 2.4 per. Won $350 in family competition. Now it's back to the gym.

I really cut back on the drinking. I got two half gallons and two fifths that have not been touched.

Goal is to be at 225 by march 2nd and then 215 by march 31st.

You must work an active job

i literally sit at a desk for 8 hrs a day i dnt know why i wasnt gaining more weight, when im cutting it seems like everything i eat the scale moves up or down but when i was bulking i coudnt gain anything i was getting slightly stronger so i just kept doing it went from benching a pitiful 175 8x to 235 8x

my bench has always been one of my week lifts for some reason my squats and dl have always been above average but my bench is a joke

since when does it have to make sense to you? obviously i wouldnt say everyone do this but it wrked for me i got stronger which was the goal know im gradually starting to cut fat which is why i cut out 1k cals to get a little clsoer to my mant. which is arnd 3600 dont wnat to lose to much weight at ounce, again which is why i was kind of upset when i lost 7 lbs in a week (and im nt saying i lost 7 lbs of fat/muscle i lost 7lbs it could have been i mixture of water and my bowels being alot cleaner i was taking a dump 3x day before) tmi i know

i literally sit at a desk for 8 hrs a day i dnt know why i wasnt gaining more weight, when im cutting it seems like everything i eat the scale moves up or down but when i was bulking i coudnt gain anything i was getting slightly stronger so i just kept doing it went from benching a pitiful 175 8x to 235 8x

my bench has always been one of my week lifts for some reason my squats and dl have always been above average but my bench is a joke

I work a desk job, I`m 6'3 257 do cardio twice a week and Im cutting at 1800 to lose about 2-3lbs a week. More power to you

What do you guys use to measure bf%? Do you have a particular scale or just use a device specifically for it?

Its definitely not the most accurate way to measure bodyfat but its a nice way track the trend of where your BF is goin

bought it for $20 couple years ago.. always wanted to try the Hydrostatic or Bod pod.

Fear is your ultimate enemy.

It keeps you from going above and beyond and it always shows up when you're about to do something special or go to the next level.

You can literally have all the confidence in the world before you do something, but as soon as you take the first step you become overwhelmed by fear and uncertainty.

That is why you have to fight your fears and work towards completely eliminating them.

In other words, you need to face your fears. Whether it's a person, a place, an action, or whatever it is that scares or makes you uncomfortable, you have to work towards conquering that fear.

You can work on your skills every day and do everything in your power to be the best, but if you aren't confident and comfortable with yourself, you will fall short of your ultimate potential.

So, how can you conquer your fears?

You have to write down your fears and come up with a solution.

For example, let's say you are afraid of pressure situations. You need to come up with a plan that will allow you to conquer this fear. So, you should put yourself in pressure situations on purpose no matter how uncomfortable it is.

Of course this is easier said than done, but the easiest way to do it is to stop thinking about it and just do it.

Think about how much better your life will be when you conquer your fear. It will make you a better athlete, and it will make you more confident in yourself.

Once you write down your fear and your plan to overcome it, you have to follow your plan daily. So if you fear pressure situations, you have to make sure you put yourself in a pressure situation every day.

Or you can prepare yourself for pressure situations. If you have problems handling the basketball in pressure situations, you should practice dribbling two basketballs at once. This will make handling one basketball a piece of cake when you're in pressure situations.

If you're afraid of taking jump shots in pressure situations, you should practice shooting in pressure situations. Shoot some baskets and tell yourself that you have to do 20 push-ups if you miss the shot.

This will help you get used to shooting under pressure which will translate to your actual basketball games.

The more time you spend dealing with your fears, the closer you will get to completely eliminating your fears.

Like I said earlier, it is easier said than done, but you have to do it. Just clear your mind and make it happen. Once you conquer your fears you will be very proud of yourself and you will get an amazing confidence boost.

Back
Top Bottom