STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

There's a group of 3 girls that come in around the time im finishing up. 2 of them seem like they legit want to lift, but their forms are awful. and the skinniest one is trying to do way more weight than she can actually do. I almost stepped in today, but just this PF gym culture I just dont know how that will be received. the older ladies ask me for advice all the time. Just this younger generation im not trying to have no problems. They're not doing anything that would get them injured just very incorrect form on pretty basic stuff like tricep pull downs. incline db press. standing bi curls..
one more month til my PF membership is up and I'm a free agent again .
Yeah, I would leave them alone. Next thing you know, you offer them advice and think you did a good deed. Then while you're doing your workout, they'll secretly record you and put you on tiktok claiming you were trying to hit on them. :lol:

Was watching some fail workout videos on YouTube a few months ago and it's quite mortifying the number of idiots and ego trippers going to the gym. I have seen quite a few people supposedly lifting/pushing weights fast with 1/8th extensions. I mean what could they possibly achieve by doing that?

Yall are right, but it is very painful watching people in a position where they can get hurt. but the good samaritan role is a tricky one these days. I know it seems extreme what dude said about them starting to record you and be like this guy was hitting on us or this guys a creep, which is ultimately why i wont help.
the older people i know it's not like that so i dont worry too much.
I know unwarranted advice is a hard thing for a lot of people. today i saw a dude bring his girl in and do squats on the smith. all wrong. it took everything in me not to say something.
ofcourse none of this is my business , but the gym is not that big. it's hard to not notice this stuff and cringe.
it's like the gyms that have TVs in the weight area something comes on that catches your eye so you look for a few seconds in between sets. its the same thing with these people.
I said this months back when I first started going there. there's about 10 people who put in real work at PF. and 7 of them are the older ladies. a few dudes be in there doing their thing. it's a hard environment to really get motivated off of which is why I keep my hood up, music loud and caffeine flowing.
I typically watch bodybuilding videos before I go in. then crank the playlist up as soon as I start.

hook grip.
1626810840045.gif

I tried hook grip for a little, if I get it in the perfect spot it was bearable. But that way like 1/20 times LOL

Said F it and sticking with mixed grip.

hook grip is popular in powerlifting esp those who pull sumo.

if you can build up the pain tolerance in your thumbs then its worth it.

i stick to mix grip though cause hook grip is too painful for me lol

I hook both hands and then supinate my left on ME deadlifts. It has worked fairly well so far.

Back
Top Bottom