STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anybody watch the hodgetwins / fastingtwins on youtube?
found out about their videos a month ago. They do Intermittent fasting

Today I did a back workout and was wondering can you do Shoulders same day? I know you usually do Back and Bi's but i wanted to do back exercises...

I did 4 sets of 12 Back hyperextension

" " Low row machine with the pin -both arms.. Should i do one arm at a time cause the machine feels weird when both handles are pulled?

" " Row machine using the cable triangle type attachment but sort of different than a triangle one im used to

" : Lat pull downs cable machine i think i did 3 sets

and i did a few ab exercises....

Did i do enough for today workout??

^ That was such a miserable video.

Anyway, i'm a week into my PRRS program.

Power, Rep Range, Shock.

It's going well so far through the power cycle. Can't wait to complete a few cycles.

MAN DONT YALL HATE WORKING OUT IN A SMALLER GYM AND DUDE HOGS A MACHINE? LIKE DOES HIS ENTIRE WORKOUT REGIMINE FOR 30 MIN ON ONE MACHINE, THAT YOU WANT TO USE? GRRRRRR

/end rant

I completed the Super Spartan race yesterday (11 miles + 30 obstacles + up a mountain).  Damn it feels good......Oh Damn it feels good!!!

I have a renewed energy, and zest.  I feel like I can do anything.  So....this morning I figured I'd try 270lb wide grip lat pulldown...got 5 reps...feels good man!

Before:

4hrs + 11 miles later:

\

I burned 4200 calories doing the race!
congrats man, thats a hell of an accomplishment.

what kind of preparation did you go through for this event? Did you need to do some large calorie loading prior to the race as well?

Anyone know where I can get a pair of Nike Romaleos 2? I can't find them nowhere in a size 13.

MAN DONT YALL HATE WORKING OUT IN A SMALLER GYM AND DUDE HOGS A MACHINE? LIKE DOES HIS ENTIRE WORKOUT REGIMINE FOR 30 MIN ON ONE MACHINE, THAT YOU WANT TO USE? GRRRRRR
/end rant
I don't give a simble damn, I go up and ask "hey brah/lady, how many sets left?"

If I see people chilling, using the damn machines as a recliner on their phones, relaxing, i.e. not using it for it's intended purpose, I go up to em and ask how much longer. They usually get it, and move elsewhere. Biggest peeve at the gym, the morning moms are the absolute worst :smh:

congrats :pimp: :pimp: .. not enough hats :pimp: :pimp:
down 30 since april/may. at 236 right now goal is 227 by october then 200 by the new year

Thanks bro, feels fantastic, but the damn gut is what's keeping me from ultimate bliss, it'll be gone soon enough so I don't lose sleep thinking about it haha

found out about their videos a month ago. They do Intermittent fasting

Hodges are cool, I think I was 5 weeks into IF before they began. I watch their videos more for entertainment although they do give good inklings of advice here and there

I completed the Super Spartan race yesterday (11 miles + 30 obstacles + up a mountain).  Damn it feels good......Oh Damn it feels good!!!

I have a renewed energy, and zest.  I feel like I can do anything.  So....this morning I figured I'd try 270lb wide grip lat pulldown...got 5 reps...feels good man!

Before:

4hrs + 11 miles later:
\

Props brotha, that's an amazing feat ! I hope to one day be on your level, i'm on my way :smokin

Maybe next year!

Anyone know where I can get a pair of Nike Romaleos 2? I can't find them nowhere in a size 13.

Rogue Fitness said on their site that they would get a new shipment of the Volt Romaleos 2 in November if you can wait. I see size 13's pop up on ebay regularly too.

Before:

4hrs + 11 miles later:

\

congrats man, thats a hell of an accomplishment.

what kind of preparation did you go through for this event? Did you need to do some large calorie loading prior to the race as well?
Thanks man, appreciate the love.

For my prep, I focused on strength and endurance training.  Every morning I ran before doing weight training.  I'd do most if not all my wight training sets to failure with a weight that's not quite my max.  I also did A LOT of lower body work.

As for my calories prior to the race.  I went to ihop the night before, and ate every carb I could find...
laugh.gif
.  The morning before the race, had a protein shake, tuna sandwich on wheat, and water.  That gave me more than enough energy to complete the first 7 miles.  After mile 7 I had two granola bars for my final push.

found out about their videos a month ago. They do Intermittent fasting[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

Don't listen to these 2 idiots, They talk pure bro science
mean.gif

They do.  But at the very least, some of there vids are funny.

Good job bro, my dad runs marathons so i always give 
nthat.gif
 to those who can complete long distance events, i hope to do a mud run before the year is out myself.

I've been considering taking Celltech or Animal M-STAK. Any experience here?

I can't find decent info about side effects. A lot of people online make jokes about steroid-like hairloss and acne but I wanna know which one is worse in that area and what else to expect..

What food do you guys eat?
(No meat)
Nuts, oats, whole grain/wheat pasta/bread/etc, lots and lots of fruits and veggies, idk if eggs count, granola,

Try to get a lot of your carbs from fruits and veggies, trust me. I saw my biggest gains by cutting back on the pasta and loading up on apples.

Nuts, oats, whole grain/wheat pasta/bread/etc, lots and lots of fruits and veggies, idk if eggs count, granola,

Try to get a lot of your carbs from fruits and veggies, trust me. I saw my biggest gains by cutting back on the pasta and loading up on apples.

Besides meat..Pork Grins, cheese, some salad mix, some nuts... Keto diet, so im staying far far far away from carbs (netcarbs)

Before:

4hrs + 11 miles later:
\

Congrats man! I ran Sunday at 11AM.

How epic was the rock climb aka stairway to heaven????

Before:

4hrs + 11 miles later:

Congrats man! I ran Sunday at 11AM.

How epic was the rock climb aka stairway to heaven????
Congrats man!!!!....Did you feel invincible when you were done?...
laugh.gif

Dude, when I made it up the hill from the tire flips, and saw the rock wall....I was like WTF!!!....
eek.gif
.  If you slipped, and fell, you'd probably die.

I went up the left side of the wall, and stayed out of the mud as much as possible.  Then right after the rock wall, you had the pull the boulder around the track...THEN....pull another boulder up the pulley.  The race was epic!!!

Did you do the cliff jump? 

Last edited:
I felt like a glorious bastard after I finished! I have honestly never ran more than 6 miles in my life.

So when I heard the race was 11mi I got nervous but eff it lol.

me and my boy, who are more weight trainers struggled up the hill while our friends who actually love cardio were LOLing at us the whole time lmao.

I wish they woulda took a pic of my face when i saw that rock wall.

No cliff jump for me, can't swim (I come from an island btw smh lol).

PS. I caught a Lebron cramp going up the rock wall. boy oh boy if i woulda fell.

Do you have tips for cardio?

Wassup all. I'm not out of shape, but just underweight. I have a fast metabolism. I'm 6'6 1/2 and 185lbs, athletic (played sports my whole life). Trying to gain. I'm using Up Your Mass as a gainer at the present moment. Are there any supplements out there that are great to use and easy on the wallet? Also, any tips are appreciated. Thanks bros

Back
Top Bottom