STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Most gyms will let you workout for free if you ask for the salesperson and tell them you're interested in becoming a member. It doesn't cost them anything and they're always trying to get new members.

Man gym got a busted water main or some ****. Said they should be back up in a couple hrs. :smh: tryna hit some squats and ohp.

Daily pass is $14.99 I think but I'll just talk to management to ask her if i can get my guess in for free..
Might vary by location but I took advantage of their free trial membership here in Oakland last winter when I lost hot water for a few days. 

It was completely free for three days. I just needed ID and an email address. 

So my GFs parents got me a 5lb bag of mike&Ikes for a Christmas gift. I told myself I wouldn't touch them, but I been feasting on the bag daily.

I've been absolutely CRUSHING it at the gym. So much damn energy. The weights feel like styrofoam I swear. My waistline is suffering but it feels great to have so much strength and energy

Pretty strong case for locked up cats.

I meant to ask this earlier...

I ended up going back to the gym after they fixed the water issue and i seen a guy doing deadlift. He wasnt letting the weight touch the ground on the way down, he kinda stopped like a foot above the ground. Is that bad? Why was he doing this? I never seen anyone do that so it struck me as odd

Did a 1RM back squat for the first time in a longggg time.

340. No belt.

I thought about 350, but once I unracked I knew that wasnt happening.

I ended up going back to the gym after they fixed the water issue and i seen a guy doing deadlift. He wasnt letting the weight touch the ground on the way down, he kinda stopped like a foot above the ground. Is that bad? Why was he doing this? I never seen anyone do that so it struck me as odd

Not completely sure, but was he doing something like a Romanian Deadlift or something?

Not completely sure, but was he doing something like a Romanian Deadlift or something?

Looked like a regular convential deadlift. He did that with 1plate, plate, 3 plate then when he got up to 4plates he was slamming and dropping the weight :lol:

Gym finally reopened after renovations 
pimp.gif
 Brand new equipment, lockers, layout etc. Only disappointed at the fact that we used to have 3 squat racks, now we only got 2. Not including smith machines 
mean.gif

those are RDLs I do them all the time, they will murder your hams and lower back.

I just got introduced to RDLs yesterday.
1. They f ing suck! I was getting aggravated trying to get the motion right. Though I do see how they can be a great exercise
2. Didn't help I was already 70% through my back workout so my grip was shot.

those are RDLs I do them all the time, they will murder your hams and lower back.

RDL is romanian deadlift? Dont you keep your legs kinda straight like a stiff leg DL? The guys form was just like a a regular DL, he was bending his knees. Maybe he was trying to do RDL lol i dunno.

1x1 475 DL this morning...no belt/straps/gloves/etc. :lol:

Hopefully 500 by Feb...

Nice! :pimp:

But the real question is.... What shoes did you wear?

RDL is romanian deadlift? Dont you keep your legs kinda straight like a stiff leg DL? The guys form was just like a a regular DL, he was bending his knees. Maybe he was trying to do RDL lol i dunno.
Nice!
pimp.gif

My first thought was RDL's too, but if he was bending his knees, then I guess he was doing half reps of DL's? 
eyes.gif

Congrats. Lol still not giving you more props because you didn't use those things

But I did that lift while getting my one hour of exercise in the courtyard of the jail.

1x1 475 DL this morning...no belt/straps/gloves/etc. :lol:

Hopefully 500 by Feb...

Nice! :pimp:

2hxrq1j.png

Back
Top Bottom