Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Yo nt. Im 5' 10" 155 lbs. Im not in shape and am working to fix my upper body (6 pack...tone ...etc) Whatyou would you guys suggest?I have not problem changing my eating habits too

Uugghhh. *presses back of hand against forehead*. Ive been so lazy lately. Only been to the gym twice last month lol.
I need some motivation.

Wheres the NT women at??
Yall need this thread the most. Dont wait till you get older pregnant and fat to wanna work out lol.
Yall dudes with girls should take your womens to the gym too. Its fun!!

Just make sure you know what your doing or some meathead is gonna show u up
And show your girl how to do SQUATS with "proper form" lol

Damn school can't end fast enough so I can really get back in the gym. I'm done in November so once that's over I'm hitting the gym hard.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

^^ what was your diet like and workout?

jus like everybody else eat right i try to eat a fruit a day, low or no carbs before workouts, lots of water one thing i don't see much on here is talkabout fiber i drink two cups of beni-fiber or fiber one bars also i run outside first thing every other day or play ball im jus really focusing on bulking alil more now im gonna cop some whey protien

Been out of the loop for a while but finally caved in and bought my old supplements to motivate me to lift again (if I don't hit the gym then I am wastingmoney)...I started liftin on Monday and was at 160...Today I am at 166.6. I am eatin' like a mad man and between protein and my two weight gainers andanimal pump, I am hopin' to get back to where I was. Keep this thread going, it's dope!

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by I3

#$@* fast food lol.. its so hard to stay away from cookies, chips, chocolates.. got damn son.

chicken, fish, bread, vegetables................................... my body will explode soon lol

ive actually done well staying away from sweets, im seriously addicted to candy and one day i just said F it i need to stop. been almost 3 weeks and havent eaten any kind of candy. Fast food is whats hard
frown.gif

it wasn't until I started plugging in the actual fast food items nutrition info online that i saw how destructive they were to a normal healthy diet. OneBreakfast taquito from What-a-burger is around 800 calories, not including if you have cheese on it.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by sloanboy

jus like everybody else eat right i try to eat a fruit a day, low or no carbs before workouts, lots of water one thing i don't see much on here is talk about fiber i drink two cups of beni-fiber or fiber one bars also i run outside first thing every other day or play ball im jus really focusing on bulking a lil more now im gonna cop some whey protien

man everytime I put benefiber in my eggs or yogurt some nasty white lumps form in it
alien.gif

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by I3

#$@* fast food lol.. its so hard to stay away from cookies, chips, chocolates.. got damn son.

chicken, fish, bread, vegetables................................... my body will explode soon lol

ive actually done well staying away from sweets, im seriously addicted to candy and one day i just said F it i need to stop. been almost 3 weeks and havent eaten any kind of candy. Fast food is whats hard
frown.gif

it wasn't until I started plugging in the actual fast food items nutrition info online that i saw how destructive they were to a normal healthy diet. One Breakfast taquito from What-a-burger is around 800 calories, not including if you have cheese on it.
smh.gif

Fast food will definitely kill your diet. In one sitting, you could consume a day (or two) worth of calories like it was nothing. It isn't bad every oncein a while though.
Once a week or every other week, I got to In&Out for a double double protein style, it's 520 calories and 11g of carbs. It is high in fat but also highin protein (about 33g), plus I see it as a reward to myself. That 520 calories of food isn't so bad as it leaves me about 1500-1800 cals left for the restof day.

From the past two months of research and practical output I've found the best methods to loosing fat:

-2 glasses of warm water before any food
-NO FOOD AT ALL 3 hours before going to bed
-(If) doing cardio, do it after lifting
-Breakfast is fruit/protein shake. 3-4 servings of fruit INCLD the fiber (unlike juices), and start off the day right. Toss in some acai for added mentalstrength
-EATING FAST FOOD AND/OR JUNK is essential once every 13 days. Every 14th day you need to confuse your metabolism by eating a pizza and beer (don't OD).
-Red meats take alot longer to fully exit your system than most people realize. I totally cut red meat out of my diet.
-I eat only organic although this is more of a personal preference

I think I'm forgetting some things... but can someone clarify with me that I am correct? or alot of these just myths? I look and feel better than ever anddon't even go to the gym. I have a treadmill, 2 sets of dumbells (20lbs, 25lbs) pushup stands and a pull up bar. Workouts are 30 mins for me and I'mcontent

Originally Posted by Derek916

Originally Posted by sloanboy

jus like everybody else eat right i try to eat a fruit a day, low or no carbs before workouts, lots of water one thing i don't see much on here is talk about fiber i drink two cups of beni-fiber or fiber one bars also i run outside first thing every other day or play ball im jus really focusing on bulking a lil more now im gonna cop some whey protien

man everytime I put benefiber in my eggs or yogurt some nasty white lumps form in it
alien.gif
oh i got the kind you mix in water and you dont even taste it

Calorie counting?.. try www.fitday.com it tracks all your calories and breaks them down. Its quite handy and quite accurate.

I tried the cottage cheese and plain yoghurt combo and it seems pretty sweet for now. Does anyone eat below their caloric intake and not feel hungry? Imsupposed to be around 2000 to maintain/lose, but I eat around 1500 and feel ok.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Uugghhh. *presses back of hand against forehead*. Ive been so lazy lately. Only been to the gym twice last month lol.
I need some motivation.

Wheres the NT women at??
Yall need this thread the most. Dont wait till you get older pregnant and fat to wanna work out lol.
Yall dudes with girls should take your womens to the gym too. Its fun!!

Just make sure you know what your doing or some meathead is gonna show u up
And show your girl how to do SQUATS with "proper form" lol
"PREACH" isnt even a strong enough word my good man.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

From the past two months of research and practical output I've found the best methods to loosing fat:

-Breakfast is fruit/protein shake. 3-4 servings of fruit INCLD the fiber (unlike juices), and start off the day right. Toss in some acai for added mental strength
-EATING FAST FOOD AND/OR JUNK is essential once every 13 days. Every 14th day you need to confuse your metabolism by eating a pizza and beer (don't OD).
-Red meats take alot longer to fully exit your system than most people realize. I totally cut red meat out of my diet.

I think I'm forgetting some things... but can someone clarify with me that I am correct? or alot of these just myths? I look and feel better than ever and don't even go to the gym. I have a treadmill, 2 sets of dumbells (20lbs, 25lbs) pushup stands and a pull up bar. Workouts are 30 mins for me and I'm content
there is truth to this.

if im cutting weight, ill do it on the end of the 3rd week.

but dont be like me and order a whole pepperoni calzone for yourself
smh.gif

Im back at it. Been 3 straight days of total body workouts. Im sore as hell but I like the feeling because i know im getting something done. I think I made amistake tho LOL. My buddy from vegas is in town so we have been hitting the gym together. He's stronger than me but I learned the hard way by trying tokeep up with him today. I dont lift heavy but today i went about 10-15 lbs over what i should be lifting. Tomorrow im doing a spinning class at 5:30am and absonly. I need to rest the other parts of my body

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

-Breakfast is fruit/protein shake. 3-4 servings of fruit INCLD the fiber (unlike juices), and start off the day right. Toss in some acai for added mental strength

I think I'm forgetting some things... but can someone clarify with me that I am correct? or alot of these just myths? I look and feel better than ever and don't even go to the gym. I have a treadmill, 2 sets of dumbells (20lbs, 25lbs) pushup stands and a pull up bar. Workouts are 30 mins for me and I'm content
i was watching that pen and teller show and they said organic doesnt make a diffrence...lol...i dont know if theyre a good source of info though..lol

Haven't been to the gym in week and I feel like a bum... I can't wait till Monday hopefully I'll be good to go

Today I went to the gym and it was suppose to be just my cardio day but then I stopped by the free weights room it was empty and saw one of the bench pressbars was loaded with 45 plates. So in my head I was like "i've never tried lifting with 45 plates before I'mma see if I can bench it"(my badto all the ppl that see that as light weight I just started lifting like this year back in march\april). So I get on the bench and lay down. I get mentallyready and then finally lift it up and slowly lowered it down.. BUT IT DIDN"T stop lowering down lmao. I couldn't lift it back up and then I was likegetting squished losing my breath and needed help to get this damn thing off me. I see some dude finally come in the free weights room but then he sees me andjust stares like a couple seconds and leaves I was like %@+! After I stop panicking on how the hell I get this thing off me I tipped the bar to the side andfinally got it off me...

Just wanted to share...

whatever happened to that guy that was eating 500 calories a day and running 5 miles a day for months? was it noble kane?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Today I went to the gym and it was suppose to be just my cardio day but then I stopped by the free weights room it was empty and saw one of the bench press bars was loaded with 45 plates. So in my head I was like "i've never tried lifting with 45 plates before I'mma see if I can bench it"(my bad to all the ppl that see that as light weight I just started lifting like this year back in march\april). So I get on the bench and lay down. I get mentally ready and then finally lift it up and slowly lowered it down.. BUT IT DIDN"T stop lowering down lmao. I couldn't lift it back up and then I was like getting squished losing my breath and needed help to get this damn thing off me. I see some dude finally come in the free weights room but then he sees me and just stares like a couple seconds and leaves I was like %@+! After I stop panicking on how the hell I get this thing off me I tipped the bar to the side and finally got it off me...

Just wanted to share...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
son was like naw he don't need any help

Back
Top Bottom