Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Today I went to the gym and it was suppose to be just my cardio day but then I stopped by the free weights room it was empty and saw one of the bench press bars was loaded with 45 plates. So in my head I was like "i've never tried lifting with 45 plates before I'mma see if I can bench it"(my bad to all the ppl that see that as light weight I just started lifting like this year back in march\april). So I get on the bench and lay down. I get mentally ready and then finally lift it up and slowly lowered it down.. BUT IT DIDN"T stop lowering down lmao. I couldn't lift it back up and then I was like getting squished losing my breath and needed help to get this damn thing off me. I see some dude finally come in the free weights room but then he sees me and just stares like a couple seconds and leaves I was like %@+! After I stop panicking on how the hell I get this thing off me I tipped the bar to the side and finally got it off me...

Just wanted to share...

DAMN DUDE... Same thing happened to me tho just yesterday ha.

I was hitting the chest press machine and doing some dumbbells after. I had the smart idea to try the bench press after, my chest was all pumped and I waslike.....these 25 aint nothing (lilght for NT standarts I know) Well I bench those successfully then I decide to try some 35's

I did 5 reps and I felt I could do 1 more... so I end up getting stuck on rep 6. The weight wasn't a lot but I managed to get one side up but the rightside seemed impossible. The gym was packed and I was trying to lift the right side of the bar for a good 30 seconds and as time went on it kept on lowering andlowering. I was thinking "any time now, someone will see me with my foot up trying to get this bar up" so after a little panic set in this dude cameout of nowhere, it seemed like he came from the other side of the gym. Dude helped me out and I felt like a total b
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats why I fear the bench press
indifferent.gif

You guys wouldn't believe this but I went to the gym today and did some cardio. I ran fo about 30 minutes and decided it would be nice to go into theweight room to do some curls. I get to the weight room and find this weak @!$ fool benching some 45s. It's funny cus he couldn't get the damn thing up.I just stare at him for a couple of seconds and I could tell he was being squished and losing his breath lol. I said I got better ++@! to do than watch thisfoo struggle on some little @!$ weights so I just leave. I can't believe people are so weak lol.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

From the past two months of research and practical output I've found the best methods to loosing fat:

-2 glasses of warm water before any food
-NO FOOD AT ALL 3 hours before going to bed
-(If) doing cardio, do it after lifting
-Breakfast is fruit/protein shake. 3-4 servings of fruit INCLD the fiber (unlike juices), and start off the day right. Toss in some acai for added mental strength
-EATING FAST FOOD AND/OR JUNK is essential once every 13 days. Every 14th day you need to confuse your metabolism by eating a pizza and beer (don't OD).
-Red meats take alot longer to fully exit your system than most people realize. I totally cut red meat out of my diet.
-I eat only organic although this is more of a personal preference

I think I'm forgetting some things... but can someone clarify with me that I am correct? or alot of these just myths? I look and feel better than ever and don't even go to the gym. I have a treadmill, 2 sets of dumbells (20lbs, 25lbs) pushup stands and a pull up bar. Workouts are 30 mins for me and I'm content
i was watching that pen and teller show and they said organic doesnt make a diffrence...lol...i dont know if theyre a good source of info though.. lol

pimp.gif

Today I went to the gym and it was suppose to be just my cardio day but then I stopped by the free weights room it was empty and saw one of the bench press bars was loaded with 45 plates. So in my head I was like "i've never tried lifting with 45 plates before I'mma see if I can bench it"(my bad to all the ppl that see that as light weight I just started lifting like this year back in march\april). So I get on the bench and lay down. I get mentally ready and then finally lift it up and slowly lowered it down.. BUT IT DIDN"T stop lowering down lmao. I couldn't lift it back up and then I was like getting squished losing my breath and needed help to get this damn thing off me. I see some dude finally come in the free weights room but then he sees me and just stares like a couple seconds and leaves I was like %@+! After I stop panicking on how the hell I get this thing off me I tipped the bar to the side and finally got it off me...

Just wanted to share...
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the dude staring and then walking out

but whatever dude when you're messing with that light of weight you're not really risking any injury. just brush it off and go lighter, you'll getthere in time.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Just wanted to share...
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the dude staring and then walking out

but whatever dude when you're messing with that light of weight you're not really risking any injury. just brush it off and go lighter, you'll get there in time.

ive seen that happen before but the guy was benchin 225

i could tell he was about this (#&$# his pants scared guy was sayin welp meeeeeeeeeee

i didnt help because i was way over in corner doing squats, some guy pranced along an like omg i dunno if i can even lift this for you.

thing that makes it so funny is because he is one of those OD meathead type dudes in the gym, he lucky it was midday an only i saw him

bump

i gotta find some info to post

Originally Posted by sloanboy

does anybody on here eat steaks they are good protein right?

Depends on the cut of meat. Lean cuts such as "Choice or Select" instead of Prime. But just find some steak with little to no marbling in it. Or cutoff the extra fat before cooking.
pimp.gif

I was looking through my old phone and found a picture I took before I started working out
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I was straight up world vision status, never realized how frail body I was

I still consider my self a lightweight, just not as sickly looking
laugh.gif

I know I still have a looooooooooong way to go before I reach my goal though..

taking pics are a good motivator.

^^^
roll.gif

There's a big difference in both those pics... first pic you were just a little boy with no swag with a busted phone... second pic you got that swag withthe blackberry and 6 pack.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I was looking through my old phone and found a picture I took before I started working out
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

So this is the kid behind those posts acting brolic making fun of everybody

You're solja boy status
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

So this is the kid behind those posts acting brolic making fun of everybody

You're solja boy status
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
who do I be making fun of though son son? Must have me confused with someone else. And I already know I'm not up there yet, but I will be eventually
smokin.gif

Damn, you know how much is sucks to lose 50 lbs and still be over weight? Almost enough to make a brother start eating again.

Yeah right, while it does make you want to smack yourself for letting yourself get that big in the first place (regardless of the reason) you feel likeyou've come to far to turn around. Plus I know I'll see a bigger transformation with the next wave of weight loss. Also, when you see people youhaven't seen in a while and the first thing they say is damn son in regards to your physical change, it's a hell of a motivator.

Someone school me. What's the medical explanation for someone who is overweight but never hungry? I'm guessing it's just slow metabolism, butI'm having a real hard time with this 'eat to lose' concept.

Also, is there any consistency in regards to where weight comes off of a person, or is it different for everyone? Like when I first start losing weighteveryone notices it in my face. I've got a feeling my stomach will be the last place I lose.

Appreciate all the input from the fellas. Yo lurkin, you just like a safe belt, you saved my life.
laugh.gif

okay here;s my question
does anyone in here use George Foreman's grill? do you guys eat chicken after cooking on the grill? are the results adequate , as far as taste and fat?
also, what brand of chicken do you guys recommend? trader joes? berkeley farms? what?
finally, i just want to eat the chicken. no frills. is the simplest method to cook the chicken to just throw it onto the grill and let it cook for a fewminutes?
thanks

Just wanted to share...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Nah but seriously though, if you want to increase what you're doing on the bench, do some pushups. Calisthenics are often overlooked but it'sa great way to build up your strength.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

okay here;s my question
does anyone in here use George Foreman's grill? do you guys eat chicken after cooking on the grill? are the results adequate , as far as taste and fat?
also, what brand of chicken do you guys recommend? trader joes? berkeley farms? what?
finally, i just want to eat the chicken. no frills. is the simplest method to cook the chicken to just throw it onto the grill and let it cook for a few minutes?
thanks
I use it most times, sometimes I use a pan-fry. Basically just lightly coat the grill with some canola spray or olive oil, place the chicken/fishon it and close the grill. You can see the fat drip off. Taste is pretty good, as long as you keep an eye on your food, too long = dry and crusty, too short= undercooked and gooey. Try add some seasoning whilst cooking as well, chicken salkt, lemon pepper, cajun etc..

Takes around 5-10mins tops!

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

Just wanted to share...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Nah but seriously though, if you want to increase what you're doing on the bench, do some pushups. Calisthenics are often overlooked but it's a great way to build up your strength.
happened to me in high school during p.e. some chick walked by and started laughing at something while i was on the bench. i dunno why, butlaughed a little too and i lost all focus and ended up dropping the bar on my chest like i lost all bodily control for a second
roll.gif
. couldn't keep the bar from rolling and it got really close to my neck so idropped my chin real quick and... took it on the chin. someone ran over to yank the bar offa me. had a tender bruised chin for weeks
frown.gif

Which is why i never use clamps. push that S!!! off to the side and you good to go.

edit: Daytona, i am baffled, damn near flabbergastted to see that you are black....
eyes.gif

ugh man

i couldn't really lift for a week ( i was on vacation and got sick
smh.gif
) so now that i'm back i am weak as hell in the gym. every lift is down, except %$$! skullcrushers for some reason?
laugh.gif

maybe it's also because i'm doing my first ever cut, but i'm doing carb cycling which supposedly allows you to retain and even gain a little muscleduring the course of it....

basically i will be pissed if i don't get back o where i was fast. not that it's that important, i don't think i look any different, but it'sso unmotivating and frustrating to be lifting less than what you were lifting a couple weeks ago.

I want to do the p90X program but stay very active in my regular gym routine. Should I and can I is the question. I can see myself in the gym before work anddoing P90X at night when I get home. Basically a double workout at last 4 days out of the week. P90x is 6 days a week and I would hit the gym Mon, Weds, Thurs,Sat. Here's where my concern comes in. My work sched is 12 plus hours a day and getting enough sleep. I know and been told that PROPER AMOUNTS OF SLEEP isa crucial component to getting a better body. This would be my daily routine if I decide to do this starting tomorrow.

Mon. Gym 4-5:30am Work 6:30am to 6:45pm P90x 8-9pm sleep by 11pm
Tues. Work 6:15am to 6:45pm P90X 8-9pm sleep by 11/1130pm
Weds. Same as Monday
Thurs. Off work So gym any time (before 12pm) of the day and P90x at 7pm
Fri. Same as Monday
Sat. Same as Thurs
Sun. OFF DAY PERIOD/ Rest Day

Im just worried about the lack of sleep i'll be getting.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Daytona that live strong band seriously could've fit around your neck in the first pic..

nice gains tho.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

ugh man

i couldn't really lift for a week ( i was on vacation and got sick
smh.gif
) so now that i'm back i am weak as hell in the gym. every lift is down, except %$$! skullcrushers for some reason?
laugh.gif

maybe it's also because i'm doing my first ever cut, but i'm doing carb cycling which supposedly allows you to retain and even gain a little muscle during the course of it....

basically i will be pissed if i don't get back o where i was fast. not that it's that important, i don't think i look any different, but it's so unmotivating and frustrating to be lifting less than what you were lifting a couple weeks ago.
i know EXACTLY how you feel. i felt like a weenie my first time back from vacation. my bench was way down, everything felt weak, i was PISSED.tomorrow i hope to have recovered some ground. if not, i will just take whatever david ortiz took

Back
Top Bottom