Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

^ will try those trap exercises out when I hit the gym..

Same sort of build im going for too. Came back from another @!%!+ HIIT effort lol, didnt really sweat (thats what you get running in sub 10 C celcius) weather.Ran at a 30 degree incline up my st though.. 2nd workout for the day, was pretty *%@!%# too.

laugh.gif
@Jordan.. sorry, i really dont follow UMD baseball at all. all i remember is i competed against him in HS, and last i heard he ended up on Marylandsbaseball team. i had no idea he was doing it big like that.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Same sort of build im going for too. Came back from another @!%!+ HIIT effort lol, didnt really sweat (thats what you get running in sub 10 C celcius) weather. Ran at a 30 degree incline up my st though.. 2nd workout for the day, was pretty *%@!%# too.

indifferent.gif

so you wanna look like a damn clothing/underwear model?

nah im messin with ya
laugh.gif

man earlier this year i was hardcore about going to the gym. i lost about 20 lbs and was very consistent..but recently i havent been going to teh gym and i puton like 5 lbs. i looked in the mirror today and saw my old nemesis..the double chin. as soon as i saw it i knew i was gonna be back in the gym tomorrow

i really dont wanna go but i know i will feel better when i do

Another question regarding carbs, will it matter if the carb intake exceeds protein? Although total calories are the same however.

I remember someone saying they would eat tuna for a snack during the day. What kinda of tuna do you guys prefer?

Also what other foods are good for snacking through out the day?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

cool pics jordan

forget being brolic, im goin for the armani ad i just saw in GQ

fn8gpl.jpg

This the one with MJ on the cover.
laugh.gif
Joint is thick, I'm only 1/3 way done looking at the pictures. Going to start reversing the order of my workoutstoday, with lower weight and more reps.

i am about to revamp my diet and work in some interval training into my daily two a days. i want to lean down and add a little muscle so i don't need tocut too much weight anymore. i'll be working in some more body weight stuff from chris sommer's book on building an olympic gymnast's body.

slightly off topic, but since you previously asked about lumpini wj4, the day has come. i will be fighting there september 26th at 65kg, just three weeksbefore i fight at 66-67 kg in canada. i imagine if i remain injury free i ought to be in incredible shape in canada, and my weight won't have the chance torise to high, which is ideal because i'll be damned if i have to cut 15 lbs in the canadian cold.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30
Damn congrats on the loss. You look kinda like my boy Mitch who goes to UMD, I dont think he plays baseball anymore tho. Last I checked he walkedon the football team.

As for me Iv lost 40 pounds in approx 3 months this summer. Rewarded myself with a chipotle burrito on saturday
pimp.gif
Back on the grind now, need to up my cardio though, gonna be tough with classes starting tomorrow.

slightly off topic, but since you previously asked about lumpini wj4, the day has come. i will be fighting there september 26th at 65kg, just three weeks before i fight at 66-67 kg in canada. i imagine if i remain injury free i ought to be in incredible shape in canada, and my weight won't have the chance to rise to high, which is ideal because i'll be damned if i have to cut 15 lbs in the canadian cold.
pimp.gif
Good luck, man. Just curious...when you fight indifferent countries, who pays for the plane tickets? Where do you live at while in Thailand? And are there youngins' at your gym? I know some starttraining before they even hit 10 yrs old.

I did the low weight, more rep routine today. It was easy at first, but got pretty hard down the line. I noticed that after I was done, my arms felttight...like when you just started lifting for the first time.

Not much change, if any, since the last pic I took of myself ~1 month ago. But I had to do it again to mark the 1 year anniversary of picking up thislifestyle.
laugh.gif
Will continue to add a pic every 6 months.
vy0arl.jpg

Originally Posted by I3

Same sort of build im going for too. Came back from another @!%!+ HIIT effort lol, didnt really sweat (thats what you get running in sub 10 C celcius) weather. Ran at a 30 degree incline up my st though.. 2nd workout for the day, was pretty *%@!%# too.
I also don't sweat a lot when I do HIIT. The weather's been around 70 degree Fahrenheit when I do it. Well I should say that I do sweat,but my whole shirt isn't soaked. But my heart does feel like it's about to jump out though.
laugh.gif
I take it it's because HIIT focuses on shorttime span so your body doesn't 'heat up' per se.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by I3

I also don't sweat a lot when I do HIIT. The weather's been around 70 degree Fahrenheit when I do it. Well I should say that I do sweat, but my whole shirt isn't soaked. But my heart does feel like it's about to jump out though.
laugh.gif
I take it it's because HIIT focuses on short time span so your body doesn't 'heat up' per se.
u sure you're fully hydrated to start? when i do intervals, i have a delayed reaction sweat, so the first few intervals i'm barelystarting to sweat, but i'm mad winded. aren't u running on a hill too?

Anybody do HIIT on the treadmill?
I run on the highest incline + highest speed for about a minute
Then walk for about a minute and 30 seconds.

I do this for about 20 minutes, is there a more effective way to do my HIIT?

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by I3

I also don't sweat a lot when I do HIIT. The weather's been around 70 degree Fahrenheit when I do it. Well I should say that I do sweat, but my whole shirt isn't soaked. But my heart does feel like it's about to jump out though.
laugh.gif
I take it it's because HIIT focuses on short time span so your body doesn't 'heat up' per se.
u sure you're fully hydrated to start? when i do intervals, i have a delayed reaction sweat, so the first few intervals i'm barely starting to sweat, but i'm mad winded. aren't u running on a hill too?
I always drink water through out the day. As long as I urinate once an hour and it's clear I'm good I think. I do sweat, but I don'tsweat like I'm at the gym where you can grab my shirt, twist it, and water will be dripping out. And yes I'm running up the a hill. I took this lastyear, but this is part of the incline level. This picture is around the 3/4 line..when I'm here I'm almost finish.
2ujldlt.jpg

Originally Posted by awwsome

Anybody do HIIT on the treadmill?
I run on the highest incline + highest speed for about a minute
Then walk for about a minute and 30 seconds.

I do this for about 20 minutes, is there a more effective way to do my HIIT?
You can't do it on a treadmill because most likely your treadmill won't go past 12 MPH and if you're sprinting your heart out, you canprobably beat that.

IF you must use the treadmill, you can lower the resting period from 90 seconds to 60 seconds or 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Audi, where do you get Ezekiel bread at? I've seen the cereal around, but never the bread.
it has to be refrigerated

usually in your stores organic section..........all the stores in my area got it, stop & shop, pricechopper, etc.

they got ezekiel bread at trader joes and whole foods.

I usually but the organic omega 3 whole grain bread from costco. 5 grams of protein per slice and only 14 grams of carbs per slice. Also has flaxseed and someother good stuff

Lol I guess its a delayed sweat.. I sweat more in the gym or playing ball. Its real weird though, my hearts beating like ++$%%$@%$***, cramps, light-headednessetc.. just no sweat lol

Back
Top Bottom