Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

I'm trying to clean bulk, and the food in my house is nowhere near the right type to do so, so I was thinking about stacking up on tuna and just eatingthat for pretty much every meal, every 2-3 hours, except for breakfast.

Would this be a good route to take?

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

I'm trying to clean bulk, and the food in my house is nowhere near the right type to do so, so I was thinking about stacking up on tuna and just eating that for pretty much every meal, every 2-3 hours, except for breakfast.

It's easy to cook the basic, man. I mean I'm not allowed to touch the stove, but I can work with the George Foreman Grill. I go to thegrocery store and get lean chicken breast, lean turkey, and whatever else will fit on there. For example..I just had this for dinner..wheat buns, extra leanturkey, ketchup, and avocado slices. It fills me up for about 2-3 hours. I eat through out the day. Tuna is great too, but you will get bored of it sooneror later. I used to snack on tuna right after school before heading to the gym. If I don't feel like having a burger, I'll eat brown rice withchicken instead. Or throw some veggies in there.

zlca9t.jpg

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

I'm pretty sure this has been answered but what pre/post workout supplements do you guys take?

And do they actually do anything?
Yes, they help you maximize your work out. Food is like fuel for your body. If you have a car that's near empty, it's going to run atits best. And if you don't refuel it, it won't run anymore. I believe pre/post work out meals are the most important meals in a day. When you workout, you're tearing down yourself in order to rebuild to be stronger. The right nutrients will help that process bettter.

I eat 60-90 mins before I work out. I have a bowl of whole grain cereal of some sort with skim milk, a banana, a handful of mixed nuts, and a scoop of wheyprotein. After I work out, I take in another scoop of whey protein. I come home to eat 3 egg whites, a peanut butter sandwich with whole grain bread,watermelon slices, low fat string cheese, low fat yogurt. I changed up my pre/post workout meals a bit because I'm going to the gym at a different timenow.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Good to know lol...but I was talking about supplements not meals.

That was good info though
pimp.gif
SMH at myself. I somehow completely missed the supplement part. Sorry I can't help out much in that department because all I take is wheyprotein. I'm sure Lurkin or others who take more can fill you in since they take a few type.

Whey protein is an easy source of protein, which helps build lean muscle. The way I see it..it's a convenient source of protein. I compare the stats andit's basically the same of a chicken breast, except you can take it whenever you want. I believed we came to a consensus a while back as well on weightgainer and how garbage it was. Just had a grip of calories that can easily come from real food sources.

Sorry, man..but this is all I know in the issue.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

I'm trying to clean bulk, and the food in my house is nowhere near the right type to do so, so I was thinking about stacking up on tuna and just eating that for pretty much every meal, every 2-3 hours, except for breakfast.

It's easy to cook the basic, man. I mean I'm not allowed to touch the stove, but I can work with the George Foreman Grill. I go to the grocery store and get lean chicken breast, lean turkey, and whatever else will fit on there. For example..I just had this for dinner..wheat buns, extra lean turkey, ketchup, and avocado slices. It fills me up for about 2-3 hours. I eat through out the day. Tuna is great too, but you will get bored of it sooner or later. I used to snack on tuna right after school before heading to the gym. If I don't feel like having a burger, I'll eat brown rice with chicken instead. Or throw some veggies in there.
I really need to learn to cook.
smh.gif

word wj4

24 23 goes hard that is currently on my gym playlist as well

cant wait til im done with this and i can bulk again, i'm gonna go beastmode in the gym

killed it on the incline too, usually when i do flat first i get a huge drop off on the incline

i love it. i feel like being a dbag and flexing in the mirror.

my schedule has really opened up so i'm going to the gym sometime tomorrow morning...what should i eat for breakfast before i go? i'm a female so idon't want none of that bulk up stuff you guys do...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

damn...i hate oatmeal and bananas...guess i'll stick w/cereal...
brown rice is an alternative, although that might be weird for breakfast

cereal is garbage though health-wise, replace it with whole wheat toast or something.

everyone likes toast right?

Peanut Butter or PBJ sandwich would work too. What do you plan on doing at the gym? Just run? I see all these magazines having nice breakfastswith recipes, but I can't cook none of that.
laugh.gif
I do swich up cereal though, I was eating this Cookie Crisp before I went with the Honey Oats withAlmonds.

Joe - I think it's a natural thing for dudes to look in the mirror 10x a day after working out.
laugh.gif
You wanna see your labor paying off.

Originally Posted by wj4

Peanut Butter or PBJ sandwich would work too. What do you plan on doing at the gym? Just run? I see all these magazines having nice breakfasts with recipes, but I can't cook none of that.
laugh.gif
I do swich up cereal though, I was eating this Cookie Crisp before I went with the Honey Oats with Almonds.

Joe - I think it's a natural thing for dudes to look in the mirror 10x a day after working out.
laugh.gif
You wanna see your labor paying off.

i always start on the stairmaster...to me its more fun than running... this semester i'll probably to some of the group classes our school offers like ABSand some total body class that is no joke... i never feel like i'm doing it right when i'm on the machines... and i love PBJ so i guess thatsbreakfast...honey wheat bread is good right? i'm not really a fan of plain wheat bread...

whats a good site for workout tips for women?

i read about that high intensity stuff on here before but thats about it...

i'm gonna take a pic so i can have before and afters...i wanna be looking better by Christmas...

^It's better than white bread. By the way, Sara Lee makes honey wheat bread and wheat bread in low fat form. Only 45 cals per slice. I swear I go throughthe whole bag in 2 days.
laugh.gif
I eat bread with yogurt, too.

And man, stairmaster....that thing is HARD. I stopped after 5 mins and went back to running.
laugh.gif
Group classes are pretty popular for the female and theyoften go with friends so they're more likely to stay committed. There's always a line outside of the aerobics room at mine. You should try spinning ifit's offered. It's like riding a mountain bike, but they have music to accompany it. Fast songs for going fast, slow songs for resistant peddling tosimulate uphill.

I think the PBJ would be good for you if you like the taste. An OK amount of protein and complex carb to not make you feel fatigue while working out.

i love the stairmaster...i start to feel it alot sooner than the treadmill or those stupid elipticals...

i ran track in school so the treadmill is pretty boring to me...we have a spinning class...i took it once so i guess i'll try it again...

i can do yogurt too...

whats a good site for workout tips for women?

i read about that high intensity stuff on here before but thats about it...

i'm gonna take a pic so i can have before and afters...i wanna be looking better by Christmas...
Honestly, Xmas may be too short of a notice. It's like dudes joining the gym in April and expect to be fully ripped comes June.
laugh.gif
Nottrying to put you down or anything though, by all means.

You may want to pick up Women's Health mag or something because I think you may be the only female in this thread.
laugh.gif

i don't want to be ripped at all...just in better shape...i don't expect big muscles by then...just hope for an improvement so i can be straight comespring break...

i love the stairmaster...i start to feel it alot sooner than the treadmill or those stupid elipticals...

i ran track in school so the treadmill is pretty boring to me...we have a spinning class...i took it once so i guess i'll try it again...

i can do yogurt too...
How about tofu? I snack on soft tofu, prefer it over hard. If you get yogurt, just make sure they have live active culture, most do..but checkfor the stamp anyways so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone and help boost your immune system too. Sweet potato is a favorite of mine too...the ultimate veggiewhen it comes to good nutrients.

Whole grain or Rye is just as good as whole wheat right?

Im getting sick of cutting, probably going to do it for another 6 weeks, then clean slow bulk til next year. Basically I want to strip down all the fat and%%@# accumulated over the years and build up a solid #@@!%+*%+%@$! base.

Can't wait to hit the gym either, if P90x taught me one thing, it was 'to bring it' lol.. sounds corny, but I can just imagine working out in thegym with a better mentality.

Do you guys perform supersets at the gym or take longerish breaks? I want to get my heart rate up whilst lifting so I hate resting..

Originally Posted by I3

Whole grain or Rye is just as good as whole wheat right?

Im getting sick of cutting, probably going to do it for another 6 weeks, then clean slow bulk til next year. Basically I want to strip down all the fat and %%@# accumulated over the years and build up a solid #@@!%+*%+%@$! base.

Can't wait to hit the gym either, if P90x taught me one thing, it was 'to bring it' lol.. sounds corny, but I can just imagine working out in the gym with a better mentality.

Do you guys perform supersets at the gym or take longerish breaks? I want to get my heart rate up whilst lifting so I hate resting..
depends on what im doing....no way i'm supersetting with squats dl's or even bench, but biceps+triceps are great to superset if you do anarms day, for example.

sometimes i like to rest a few min especially with heavy lifts....i can hype myself up pretty quick mentally before a set especially w/some music, so it'snot a problem. if it's tough for you to do that then supersetting with a diff muscle group would be a good option. it would allow you to stay active w/anelevated heart rate and allow your muscles adequate recovery time in between sets.

i dunno about those but even whole wheat isn't as great as people think- it's a medium-gi carb not a low one like oats, brown rice, etc.

Back
Top Bottom