Suns @ Spurs vol. possible 1st round preview

I really wish the season ended tonight... The current layout of the playoffs would be AWESOME.

Hornets/Denver
Spurs/Mavs
Lakers/Suns
Jazz/Rockets

pimp.gif
I like those matchups a TON. First round would be absolutely SICK...

I think I want a Suns/Lakers first round more than anything.

I want the Lakers to face whoever they have the worst chance of winning against,
laugh.gif
. I'd love to play the Spurs again in a seven game series, it'd beexciting. I want to see the Jazz/Hornets as well to see who the real best in the west is as far as PG's go.

dang.. Suns are good. Never in the last 4 seasons have the suns blewout the Spurs like they did today. I told you guys Shaq coming here would put us over thehump against SAS.
pimp.gif

Amare can score whenever he wants against the Spurs..
pimp.gif

Shaq was beastin
pimp.gif

Nash didn't even have to score as much
pimp.gif

and I don't think Bruce Bowen hit Amare on purpose.. but I think you guys got it mixed up with him hitting his ribs to... Bowen kneeing Amare in the sack.But I can't tell.. Either way he didn't do it on purpose and Amare hates Bruce Bowen so I don't blame him for reacting the way he did. Brucestepped on Amare's foot when Amare was trying to dunk last season in the playoffs too many times
tired.gif
He's a horrible NBA player.

remember this...
e9535455ee0bee8f7330d5cd7037638df6075f5.bmp

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

There the Big Cactus goes poppin off at the mouth again, "The best PF in the game"-Amare
smh.gif

Who is better???

If the suns win in Houston friday there is little chance of them finishing anywhere beneath 5th if you look at all the remaining games for everyone. Winning out is a strong possibility. My prediction is

hornets nuggets

lakers mavs

suns rockets

jazz spurs

but honestly Id almost want the 5 seed instead of the 3. With a better record you still get home court against the Jazz then the hornets. 3 seed couldface the spurs first round then lakers. Much harder path IMO. I wish we could fast forward a few days and just get started with the playoffs

Originally Posted by LIVE FOR KICKZ

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

There the Big Cactus goes poppin off at the mouth again, "The best PF in the game"-Amare
smh.gif

Who is better???
There are these two guys named Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett who are still alive and currently active in the NBA

no way duncan is better right now. Not a chance in hell. 2-3 years ago yes, this yr no.

Amare is avg 6 more points a game and one more block with better fg and ft percentages than garnett. The only thing garnett has on him really is assists andconsidering we are talking about PFs I dont see that being a huge deal. So yes, Amare is the best and will be the best for years to come

^Rebounds are pretty important as well g. Amare is an absolute MONSTER, but KG is still better, same goes for TD. They just have that experience, iq, and wellroundedness to make up for Amare's freak body and athleticism.

Originally Posted by petozham

^Rebounds are pretty important as well g. Amare is an absolute MONSTER, but KG is still better, same goes for TD. They just have that experience, iq, and well roundedness to make up for Amare's freak body and athleticism.

church.\\

but Duncan always has been a C in my eyes ever since DRob retired

KG has the edge on the youngin Amare right now, but yall better believe that gap that seperates them is closing quickly..

I don't think I'm the only one that realizes, but Tim Duncan is definitely saving himself come playoff time.. He plays with much more dominance in thepost season then the regular season honestly b/c there is nothing to prove for the Spurs in the regular season.. Playoffs is where it comes out now...Rebounding, Scoring, Defensive Presence, Leadership, Team Work... Tim Duncan is a better player than Amare easy..

How your using 6ppg to sway a decision of whos better can lead to a lot of false statements..

Oh and how your using stats to say Amare is better than KG, is my exact point..

Rebounds are pretty important as well
laugh.gif
and how many rebounds does KG average? Oh yeah, the sameas Amare.

Amare is better than KG, and WILL be better than the slow tim duncan. (I didn't even want to capitalize his name because he isn't important)

Originally Posted by petozham

^Rebounds are pretty important as well g. Amare is an absolute MONSTER, but KG is still better, same goes for TD. They just have that experience, iq, and well roundedness to make up for Amare's freak body and athleticism.

rebounds are really important agreed, they are seperated by .2 a game, so Id see that as pretty much nothing.

How am I skewing these stats at all. It would be one thing if he he was shooting 6-7 shots more a game but he averages one more a game.

Please explain to me right now at this moment why Amare is better than Duncan. Duncan has started his decline already, he is nowhere near the player he was2-3 years ago. I know its hard for some to think in the present instead of in the past, but really today I dont see how Duncan is a better player. If shaqwere to gaurd Amare he would destroy him, unlike duncan, who still seems to have problems against him. Amare can overpower smaller quicker pfs or blow bybiggger centers.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

I don't think I'm the only one that realizes, but Tim Duncan is definitely saving himself come playoff time.. He plays with much more dominance in the post season then the regular season honestly b/c there is nothing to prove for the Spurs in the regular season.. Playoffs is where it comes out now... Rebounding, Scoring, Defensive Presence, Leadership, Team Work... Tim Duncan is a better player than Amare easy..

How your using 6ppg to sway a decision of whos better can lead to a lot of false statements..

Oh and how your using stats to say Amare is better than KG, is my exact point..

what is your exact point kid

How is Duncan better? That's easy. Number 1 he has one of the best post games in HISTORY. Way too many moves with his back to the basket. Can't sayanything remotely close about Amare. He's 10X the rebounder Amare is. And he actually plays D. I mean Amare is basically Kenyon Martin 2.0...with amid-range game taking place of playing D. He has one and only one advantage over TD or KG...quickness. They are superior in EVERY other facet of the game. AndI do mean EVERY. They are easily two of the best PF's to ever grace a court...probably both top 5.

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

Amare is the best offensive PF in the league right now.

The only thing Duncan and KG have on him is defense.

If continues to get better on defense, ups his intensity on that side of the floor, and if he's able to lead the Suns to a couple championships, expect him to go down as the greatest PF of all time.

And that's not a reach.

It's not a reach.. It's a stretch.. theres a lot of If's in your sentences and we are talking about the present.. I think we all know Amare hasthe potential to be better, but he's not sniffing Tim Duncan as of now..

And Live for Kickz, I didn't know you could exceed a person's career in 35 games of a season.. And I don't like to use head to head comparisonsb/c it can misconstrue the realization of that player's success.. But Tim Duncan vs Amare.. Look it up.. Just wait until the playoffs.. Didn't yall seeTimmy destroy the Suns last year or what?? How is he in his decline.. Haven't you guys realize that Tim Duncan breezes through the regular season thenexplodes in the playoffs.. Amare???

Amare is more athletic than kg and duncan but as a complete player he is not seeing them. When he finally plays defense and stops committing dumb fouls then itwill be scary. But I honestly think he will never learn.

How is Duncan better? That's easy. Number 1 he has one of the best post games in HISTORY. Way too many moves with his back to the basket. Can't say anything remotely close about Amare. He's 10X the rebounder Amare is. And he actually plays D. I mean Amare is basically Kenyon Martin 2.0...with a mid-range game taking place of playing D. He has one and only one advantage over TD or KG...quickness. They are superior in EVERY other facet of the game. And I do mean EVERY. They are easily two of the best PF's to ever grace a court...probably both top 5.

Give Duncan all the post moves you want, Amare is still better offensively than Duncan.

10X the rebounder?

No. What is that based on? Intangible rebounding ability? Because it's clearly not based on stats, which is a great indicator for rebounding ability.

The only thing Duncan or KG have on him is defense.

And it's not like Amare is God awful at defense; He can make stops, he gets blocks but, he just doesn't give it 100% all the time like he should and he's not as smart as them defensively yet.

Kenyon Martin 2.0?

That's seriously a joke.

Are you serious?

I don't know how the stats don't point to Duncan being a better rebounder being that he's never avg under 10 a game in his entire career whileAmare has never gotten to 10 a game. Like I said KG and TD are better in every facet....actually now that I think about it Amare is like an 80% FT shooter sohe is better there. Anyways he isn't a better offensive or defensive player. And Kenyon Martin 2.0 is perfect. You must not remember his days with theNets.

Check my sig...I've seen him play...ALOT. And there is NO way he is a better offensive player than TD. None...whatsoever. TD, as said before, does his workin the playoffs. Not the regular season. Even still looking at pure stats is pointless in these arguments. Amare and Dwight Howard have almost identical gameson offense...dunk. Amare can actually leave the paint though. That's it. That is his entire arsenal on offense. Either shoot a mid range shot or dunk. Nopost moves. TD does all 3....very well. Not to mention that 95% of Amare's shots aren't even his own creation. It's Nash getting him open looks. Nowhere in ANY of my posts did I say he wasn't an animal on offense but he certainly isn't better than Duncan.

Amare is like a WR in Texas Tech's offense.....he's going to get numbers because of the suns playing style.....but in other offenses he's a regularol PF

You guys need to realize what you are saying and what we are trying to point out. We are talking about right now, today, and you still being up the past. Thestats dont lie,

Yes duncan HAD one of the best post games, but no longer. The only thing Duncan has on Amare is a slightly better back to the basket game. If you think Duncanhas a better jumper then you obviously havent watched more than one or two suns games, his jumper is 10x better.

To the guy who made the comment about kenyon martin 2.0, nothing you say from now on I will take serious, that might be one of the most ******ed things I haveseen on here in a very long time, and thats saying a lot since there are plenty of idiots here (not going to mention which thread they have blown up) that saystupid +%!@ on the regular.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Amare is the best offensive PF in the league right now.

The only thing Duncan and KG have on him is defense.

If continues to get better on defense, ups his intensity on that side of the floor, and if he's able to lead the Suns to a couple championships, expect him to go down as the greatest PF of all time.

And that's not a reach.

It's not a reach.. It's a stretch.. theres a lot of If's in your sentences and we are talking about the present.. I think we all know Amare has the potential to be better, but he's not sniffing Tim Duncan as of now..

And Live for Kickz, I didn't know you could exceed a person's career in 35 games of a season.. And I don't like to use head to head comparisons b/c it can misconstrue the realization of that player's success.. But Tim Duncan vs Amare.. Look it up.. Just wait until the playoffs.. Didn't yall see Timmy destroy the Suns last year or what?? How is he in his decline.. Haven't you guys realize that Tim Duncan breezes through the regular season then explodes in the playoffs.. Amare???
this "And Live for Kickz, I didn't know you could exceed a person's career in 35 games of a season."
implies you are not understanding what we are saying. I am not taking into acct career, just this yr the present. Imagine they were both rookies right now, Idont think you could make any arguement then

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

Amare is like a WR in Texas Tech's offense.....he's going to get numbers because of the suns playing style.....but in other offenses he's a regular ol PF
Ahh yes the old "the system makes him better" arguement. How about this nash, amare they both are just avg players who lucked out andsomehow found the greatest coach alive that could design an offense to make them absolute stars.

Originally Posted by LIVE FOR KICKZ

You guys need to realize what you are saying and what we are trying to point out. We are talking about right now, today, and you still being up the past. The stats dont lie,

Yes duncan HAD one of the best post games, but no longer. The only thing Duncan has on Amare is a slightly better back to the basket game. If you think Duncan has a better jumper then you obviously havent watched more than one or two suns games, his jumper is 10x better.

To the guy who made the comment about kenyon martin 2.0, nothing you say from now on I will take serious, that might be one of the most ******ed things I have seen on here in a very long time, and thats saying a lot since there are plenty of idiots here (not going to mention which thread they have blown up) that say stupid +%!@ on the regular.

Wait a minute.....you say TD no longer has one of the best post games in the league then say my post is ******ed for calling him Kenyon 2.0?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude....let's travel back through history. Kenyon Martin with the Nets what did he do?

Amare on the Suns what does he do?

Now maybe I'm confused but last time I checked dunk=dunk....and both of them on those teams.....dunk. Know what's even crazier? They both have thebest PG in the game at the time. Coincidence? Right now today heck even tomorrow....TD is better offensively than Amare. Easy.

Back
Top Bottom