Survey & Yes a Few Other Questions For the SERIOUS Brand Jordan Consumer

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product
Without me the consumer there would be no Brand Jordan. It is because I go out and buy the latest retro, team Jordan, or new signatureshoe that the company continues to grow and has become even more profitable than when MJ was actually playing.

2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature?
I purchase almost anything Brand Jordan. I have purchased clothing, accessories, Team shoes, and Signature shoes. The only thing that Ihaven't purchased are the boots and that is only because I'm not into boots of any brand.

3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer?
If I have to label myself, I guess I would consider myself a Sneakerhead/Casual Consumer. I don't see myself as a Sneaker Elitestwho claims to know everything and look down on those who know less than me. I am also not the type that runs out and purchases multiple pairs of the sameshoe. I mean I may have the same Sig or Team shoe in different colorways, but I don't buy an extra pair of the same colorway to keep on ice. To me that isa waste of money. I take pride in owning the number of shoes that I do own, but I don't believe they should sit in a box unworn. I believe in wearingevery pair I own casually, but I also make it a point to take good care of them and rotate my shoes on a regular basis to ensure they have a long life.

4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?
Yes. I watched MJ play live on TV starting with his third season with the Bulls and I also had the privilege to see MJ play in person when the Wizards played the Spurs during his final NBA season. The year before when the Wizards came to town Iattended but , MJ was injured and sat the bench.

5. How Tall are you?
I am 5'10"

6. IF you don't purchase Team Products WHY?
I do purchase Team products. I purchase them because I see them as part of the legacy and I like how they look.

7. What would sway you to wear Team Products?
No need to sway me, I already do.

8. Whats your favorite Technology?
My favorite technology by far would be IPS. A close second would be double-stacked zoom air and the full-length carbon plate used in theXVIII's.

9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually?
My favorite material to play basketball or wear casually would be the tumbled leather used on the white/black/red XX1's.

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)
I have never owned a pair of Jordan cleats. My Puma cleats that I have had for almost 10 years now are still holding up. I mightconsider JB cleats when it comes time to retire the Pumas.

11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
Yes, I would love the opportunity to participate in a focus group. I would also be willing to recruit others of various backgrounds toparticipate.

12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....
I am not a fan at all of the whole shoe package. I find it really greedy on the part of Brand Jordan to force people to buy two pairs ofshoes at one time. Especially when the consumer only really wants one of the pairs that are included in the package. After seeing how quickly the X/XIIIpackage went the future does not look real promising for the consumer. The quick sellouts of the X/XIII and future packs will only help to confirm to BrandJordan that they can throw anything at the consumer and they will purchase. If Brand Jordan can successfully get people to spend $310 for two pairs of shoe,what's to stop them for putting 3 or 4 pairs of shoe in a pack. Oh, yeah and don't get me started on the poor quality retros. The retrowhite/black/red IV's and the military IV's were the absolute worst!

13. Age

I'll take the time to fill this out tomorrow...but you already know how I feel Rock...
laugh.gif

There's good and bad taking place in JR4...and I just hope they can turn it around before it's too late. (is it?)

I Help Move A Rather Large Size?.
Sgnature
Athlete/Casual Consumer
4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television?
If I Was In Front Of A TV And Mike Was Playing I Was Watching
5. How Tall are you?
6'8
6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY?
Cause A Regular Pair Of Nikes Just Seem Better
Nike Quit Making Regular Football Cleats And Basketball Sneakers
Shank Plates Carbon Fiber
Foam For Basketball/ Suede Jordans For Casual
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine)
Football Is My Sport But I Never Gave Them A Shot. So IDK
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
I Have To Say No
12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey....
Seems As If JB Could Care Less About What Any Of Us Do Or Say. They Might Throw Us A Banana Peel From Time To Time To Act Like TheyDo. BUT IMO They Dont..My Approach To JB Is Like Devil May Cry 4. Abandon All Hope!!..I Sure HOPE! They Dont Make The Grape Vs Limited They DID!!!..Wow I SureHOPE! They Re-Retro The Black/Red XIs In 2007 NOPE!!.Well I HOPE! They Put Them In The Legacy Collection In 2008. They WONT!!!..Nike Air? Yea Ok Buddy...IMOAbandon All Hope And Take It As It Comes.
13. Age 22

Originally Posted by RockDeep

5. How Tall are you?
13. Age

1. I'm a regular buyer. I buy shoes that I like, doesn't matter if it's Jordan or Nike. So, I believe Jordan/Nike won't die without peoplelike me.

2. Signature, always.

3. Play basketball once to twice a week.

4. Yes, definitely.
5. Five-seven. Shortest, so far.
roll.gif

6. -

7. Read #1, I buy what I like. I happen to only like signatures. Well, I like Jumpman Pro and I bought them back then.. 10 years ago?
Probably Team shoes are good marketing strategies if they're released once in years (IF Jordan is sellingthe shoes for collectors).

8. Zoom. I like Kobe Is and LeBron Is very much.

9. To play ball:
Shirt = Any cotton shirt. I wear sleeveless during summer.
Shorts = Knee length shorts, not OHIO STATE shorts or Charles Barkley 76ers shorts.
10. Sorry, Rock.

11. I hate excessive time-consuming activities. Make it short and you have my service.

12. I know Nike has done something good like: counterfeit@nike.com. I'd like to see Nike doing something to resellers.
I just missed XX3's release date for few hours and I can't get any now. I've searched on eastbay.com, footlocker.com, or even finishline.com; theyare all sold out.
eBay resellers are selling them for $250+ (excluding shipping).
I know it's legal and it brings a great benefit to Nike's income.. But I'm very displeased as a customer who wants to buy them for retail price.
I can easily switch to Adidas, which I would as Jordan signature ends at 23, because Adidas sells cheaper shoes with great comfort.
But that's not the main point, well you know what I mean, don't you?
I'm trying to get a $185 pair of shoes, not a $300 (nett price) for me to play ball in.
Jordan shoes are not Apple's Stock Market.

13. 1986.

I buy more than the average person - and have done for over 15 years.

sigs mostly - team when I like the look of them

Started as an athlete - now I guess I'm a casual consumer who plays occasionally in various models

On television hundreds of times.

5. How Tall are you?
6'1"

Do sometimes.

n/a

Although it's not really a technology I always liked the Huarache concept - that smooth inner bootie that was in the VII's always felt great - myog's anyway - the retros don't feel the same at all. Jordan's have always been a bit about that to me - a really great fit, but some recent modelshave got a away from that a little. I'm wearing Huarache lights to run in at the moment and really enjoy wearing them.

leather

n/a

yes

It is a little disappointing that a lot of the regular Nike basketball midrange stuff seems better than a lot of the JB releases - and for less money. I woulddefinitely be in favor of moving away from the gimmicky stuff and concentrating on makeing clean and simple but great basketball sneaker - making the emphasisperformance and comfort rather than trying to look like they have tons of new tech. The Jumpman Pro is a nice example of doing that right - a great sneaker butwithout a lot of flair.

13. Age

None really. Before I began working for the Inc. & got a 30% discount, I only copped models I liked off ebay or B/Sforum and sporadically during a F&F sale. I still rarely buy any Jordan products even with the discount unless they are on clearance markdown.

Signature

I'm an athlete, but a casual consumer in relation to purchasing Jordan footwear. Brand Jordan makes good performanceapparel for basketball and other athletics, but is average at best in my opinion in relation to athletic footwear.

I watched Jordan play via live television, but never had the opportunity to see any games in person.

5. How Tall are you?
6'1

Price point. There are decent Team models that come around occasionally, but it doesn't make sense financially topurchase a $115-125 Team when you can add $10-20 and get a more coveted Statement product (at least pre-Collezione).

Hypothetically speaking, lower price points. I don't really even buy the Signature products anymore, so nothing muchcould really sway me to purchase Teams, but if I were still purchasing Jordan footwear, I'd wear a Team model that I liked if the price were a little morereasonable. A good shoe is a good shoe, even if "he never played in it" or "it's just a takedown".

Really hard to top double-stacked Zoom. I also like the Sphere lining, but the original dimpled version found on the AZG,Lebron II, AJ XX, etc. And though it's not really as much technology, I love a shoe with a great heel counter like the 2K4 because of the lock-down fitand extra stability.

Material really isn't a big deal to me; construction and layering is more important. I like clothing that utilizesmultiple panels because it tends to hold up and remain durable longer than one-piece items. You can never go wrong with Dri-Fit either. Aside from basketballshorts, I rarely wear any Jordan gear casually except for some light jackets occasionally.

It appears that every Jordan model is designed for a running back or linebacker. There has yet to be a low-cut Jordancleat to my knowledge and for a very large percentage of players, a low-cut is essential to what they bring to the game. For a quick receiver or speedy db,they want a shoe that's lightweight, low-profile, sleek and durable, like the Vapor Jet TD or Speed TD low. A low version of a Retro 6 cleat simplyisn't going to cut it.

I'd be willing to volunteer depending on timing/scheduling. I wouldn't find others different than myself becauseI'd feel that that's too much of a hookup for whoever is conducting the research and I'm already giving my input for free.

I thought it was interesting in the thread about the Paralympian sponsored by Jordan that the brand never introduced aJordan spike to the public. If there are consumers who pay for Jordan football and baseball cleats already, it would only seem logical that there would be amarket for Jordan track spikes as well. Clearly people are buying the football and baseball shoes for the logo and to a certain extent design, so I neverunderstood the lack of initiative to capitalize on a very wide market, given that there are thousands of kids/teams who buy track spikes each spring and evensummer with AAU and USATF track going on. That also opens the door to offer a line of Jordan performance apparel to coordinate with and I'm sure that themargins on apparel have to be through the roof so it should be appealing to the brand. I just find it odd not to venture into such a large and open marketgiven the fact that no new products need to actually be developed; just recycle some of the old Superfly models and re badge them with a Jumpman and it'smoney.

13. Age

- I collect signature Air Jordans, as well as other retro Nikes (Barkleys, Pennys, etc.). It's more than a hobby; it's apassion. Quite simply put, my finances are arranged around the Air Jordan release dates schedule.

- Almost exclusively signature, though I'll occasionally pick up a Team J if I'm feeling it (looking forward to the Enhancer).

- Absolute Sneakerhead.

- Yes and yes. I watched him every chance I had growing up, and it almost killed me when he retired in 1993.

5. How Tall are you?
- 5'-9"

- I was working in the sporting goods industry when the Team Jordans debuted (maybe 1994-95? - we just called them "Jumpmans"at the time). Those came out as a less expensive alternative to the Air Jordan. To me, they've just always carried that stigma of being second-fiddle tothe actual "Air Jordan."

- I'll wear a Team J for functional, athletic purposes, so as long as quality, comfort, and performance are high, I'd supportTeam Jordan. In general, I think the Melo and CP lines will help the popularity of the Team line, as opposed to Ray Allen just wearing a PE color of an AirJordan. Specifically, it would sway me if more college teams wore JB/Team Jordan.

(This was the toughest question for me to answer, so my answer is kind of complicated):
- If I had to pick a favorite "technology," it would have to be full-length Zoom Air, though that is not unique to JB. My favorite aspect of the AirJordan line is the willingness to push the envelope regarding style - from the 3M reflective tongue, to patent leather (which was absolutely revolutionary whenthe XI first came out), to italian suede, to laser etching. So really, my favorite "technology" is the fearless approach to style and design.
- I was disappointed that we never (assuming XX3 is the end) saw an "Air Max Jordan."
- My least favorite technology is the interchangeable heel pods.

- To play in, nubuck - it's lightweight and comfortable
- To wear casually, white tumbled leather (I love the white III's and taxi XII's), and patent leather (XVI's and white XIX's are underrated)

- I've always disliked playing in detachable cleats because it concentrates the pressure on your foot directly above the locations ofthe cleats. If JB could devise a shoe with a way to more uniformly disperse the pressure (additional cleats, more cushioning, ???), I would play in nothingbut that shoe.

- I'd be willing to participate, but not gopher to find other volunteers.

- As a collector, I just like to see these retros hold true to the originals. I know JB is its own entity now, and wants to step outfrom the shadow Nike, but we're talking about roots and tradition. That's why the retros are so popular, and why a lot people like myself have stayedclose to the athletic shoe industry for so long (it's been 10 years since I last worked in retail or related business).

13. Age

As an individual I don't think I have much impact at all,Consumers would have to act as group to really impact the brand.

I purchase both if I like the product in question,The "Team" tag has no influence on my decision.

I would say I'm a bit of all 3,I play basketball but only at a local level here in England,I spend time on sneaker websites checking out upcoming releasesetc which many of my friends don't do which I suppose makes me a sneakerhead but I also just buy things I like regardless of brand etc.

Living in England I never got the chance to see him in person but I did watch games live on TV(in the middle of the night
wink.gif
)

5. How Tall are you?
I'm 5'9"

N/A

The same as with any other line or brand,Quality design and materials.

Zoom Air

Full grain leather

N/A

I would love to but living in Engalnd probably rules that out
frown.gif

I think Jordan Brand needs to remember there are consumers of their product all over the world not just in the US and China,it can be very difficult to gethold of things over here unless you live in London and can visit NTL regularly.
Also I have to agree with some others here and say I really don't like the shoe package idea,being forced to buy a shoe I don't want to get one I dowant is something I won't tolerate which means I miss out on something I want,JB lose a sale and if the trend continues they may even lose me as a consumeraltogether,although as I stated in my answer to question 1 I don't think this would have a big impact on JB unless a large number of consumers where to dothe same.

13. Age
I'm 31

Regular customer, EVERYTHING I wear is Jordan from shoes,shirts,shorts, socks,jeans you name it

Signature

Sneakerhead

Yes,both

5. How Tall are you?
5'9

Dont generally like the designs, though the 12.5s were straight, most Team Jordans just dont catch my eye

Better, fresher designs

IPS

Nubuck

N/A

Yes
N/A

13. Age

I would like to think that some of the concerns I have with the company can be improved on, as I and many others have beencontinually loyal for many years.
Signature. I used to buy the Team Line but stopped due to the lack of creativity. I miss the days of Moss,Vin Baker and manyothers having their own shoe within Jordan Brand.
I am an avid Sneakerhead.
I have watched Michael Jordan play since the 1990 season.
5. How Tall are you?
5'10
See Answer #2
Pushing the envelope more with the technology and possibly getting some of the athletes signed to JB a signature shoe. Thefirst 5 years of Jordan Brand come to mind(Jumpman Pro,Superfreaks,Trunner's,etc)
Zoom Air
Full Grain Leather and Nubuck.
Can't think of anything at the moment
Yes
Like most have said, I too am tired of the shoe package. Although I do have the money to get some of the packages, I shouldnot be forced to buy 2 shoes to get one that I really want. Most individuals do not have 300+ to shell out every month while trying to get other shoes thatthey like. I waited 9+ years for the XIII's in the package to be retro'd and I had to pass because of the X's that were included in the package. Itis a huge turnoff to many loyal customers of JB. I would also like to see more attention given to the quality of the retro shoes that have been coming out forthe past couple of years. If JB made near-perfect retro's of shoes during the earlier years, what is stopping them now?! I remember when JB's taglinewas "Quality Inspired By The Greatest Player of All Time" and I would like to think that when I purchase a new model or retro, that I am getting mymoney's worth.
13. Age

- We are everything. It is us who drives brand Jordan....whether it be in a direction we like or not.
-Signature
-Partially athlete, mostly sneakerhead
-Saw him play live on tv many times, never saw him play live tho
5. How Tall are you?
-5'8"
-There have been very few that I actually find appealing to me. And since I don't exactly have a high income (only 19), I always chose to spend themoney on sig shoes instead
- If they looked better imo
-Zoom Air
- tumbled leather for ball and leather/nubuck combo for casual
-N/A
-Sure
-N/A
13. Age

Method Man wrote:

What Up Fella's. I will throw pics of random crap in here just to keep those who NEED them can follow along.
And you KNOW that's true.... funniest thing I've seen on NikeTalk in a minute. I bet it's effective, too, but you know I can't insert pictures of Orko in a 5,000 word post on racism.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I think when these Focus Groups are gathered you get a Hit and Miss feelings. For me.. I wouldn't want a Place full of Sneakerheads.....I would need a Diverse Group. Made up of ALL ethnic backgrounds.. ages.. and Atheletic Make ups.
I think the problem with this logic is that you're sitting on the single best representation of dedicated sneaker fans in North America available - and discounting that because it's assumed that "this isn't the team consumer anyway." The problem is that consumers refuse to confine themselves to the neat boxes marketing folks are wont to construct to make their own lives easier. Your "sneakerhead" also may buy 1-2 shoes for performance each year. Your "athlete" probably buys casual shoes or signature shoes just to post up in. If, by making a few adjustments to the product, you could ADD prestige to the team line - wouldn't you be helping yourself out ACROSS THE BOARD? So, rather than say "oh, this consumer would never buy a team shoe," rather than assume this to be the case SOLELY because of "status," from the product perspective it would be foolish not to dig a little deeper and ask, "what are WE doing to alienate this consumer?" If it's beyond your control, it's beyond your control - but FAR too often it's simply attributed to the consumer. "Oh, he's too fickle.. it's not for him anyway... we didn't do anything wrong." That's irresponsible.

In general, if you're doing a focus group obviously you get into sampling issues - and sampling is a science. If you want to ensure a healthy mix in terms of racial/ethnic groups, age, etc. you're probably looking into purposive sampling as opposed to pure random sampling and you have to account for that when attempting to extrapolate what you've garnered from a focus group session to the larger population with respect to generalizability. What you're suggesting, asking people to round up a diverse group, is considered snowball sampling - and while convenient it's not really scientific. THe people you'll gather will of course have something in common: they're all within this one person's social network, they were all at the bus station when you rounded them up, whatever, So, I'd be careful about that. With NT, it is what it is. You know that it's already a diverse group, not here because they're "representative" of anything but because they're so dedicated to sneakers that they've gravitated toward our community. You know what you're getting and you don't pretend it to be anything else. In other words, the very qualities that damn, in the eyes of many marketing professionals, NikeTalk in terms of its representativeness are what makes it so reliable as opposed to the amateurish, pseudo-scientific sampling means generally employed by marketing personnel. That's not a knock against you, I'm merely explaining why I find it so specious of people to dismiss the validity of the feedback our members generate. The industry would, in many ways, be better off if our members' voices were honored rather than ignored. Of course, members should keep in mind the old saying, "be careful what you wish for - you might just get it in heaps" as was the case with buzz-words like "retro," "limited," etc. that have been run into the ground.

Hey Meth... good point in terms of gathering the Focus Group... for me.. I didn't want to ramble and explain just how I'd do it.....but toclarify.. how I have usually done it in the past and WOULD do in the future is to actually add folks to a database with additional information on each.

This way, I am not always using the SAME folks from the same Poole due to some of them having too many commonalities which may not help the Focus if everyonehas the same tastes. I also agree that altho NT can provide a diverse scope on different backgrounds of taste and makeups... I would want a diverse group whoweren't just PURE "SneakerHeads" per say.

I would want some who were MORE Heads than Atheletes.. and some who were more Athletes than Heads... and then of course the Middle of the Road Consumer whoreally isn't either.

This way when asking about performance and style you are getting all sorts of feedback.

Like as of now.. I see the MOST folks who have responded are around 5'10 to 6'0 which is cool...but I would def. want a slew of 6'5 to 6'7guys who have played more than just on a recreational level to give me some indication IF a Team Shoe were to be built for them, what issues they have on anight to night basis due to their Weight distribution or Position played.

For instance in Football... The Wide Out, Tight End and Split End may all have different needs when picking out their Cleats. I know I did. One wantsdurability... one wants a light cleat and the other may want something that stable AND Light...

Also you may want someone who really could care less about colors and just wants pure performance...but a guy like me wants to have a shoe that looks goodwhile playing and will choose something that may compromise some performance for looks, even if not by much.

So for me, talking to a focus Group full of 5'5 Black Kids may not help my situation when trying to sell a Team Basketball Shoe aimed at College or HigherLevel players.. While Talking to a bunch of Suburban kids who DO play basketball at a High Level can grouped with a group of Inner City dudes who ALSO play ata High level and wear off court shoes as well.

Having a designer hear shoes need to meet the needs in different areas ON AND OFF Court help and I don't think its utilized all over Nike personally...

Sometimes guys may visit a College Team and just get their views.. Cool.. but what about kids the same age but who don't play at as High a Level? I thinkthere's a opening for EVERY Demo to be listened to...but not all at the same time. Just depends on the shoe being designed and who the target is.

Again.. I would def. use a Database to maintain WHO and WHERE I'd want to have a Focus Group.

For those who said they wouldn't be interested in rounding up others... the reason that was thrown out there, is because most times, its not worth the timeto visit ONE person or Two people in a small town.. but if I saw a Group had a passion and could contribute I might be willing.

I do thank all those who have responded and hope more continue to, no matter what your social makeup or background..

First off, I have been a long time reader of NT who has very few posts. This is not for any specific reason, but I guess I feel that it is better to be silentand thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt. I actually love to sit back and read all the comments (stupid and smart) in the forums and every once ina while LEARN something. Second, Rock; not to hang off of your jock strap, but you are the man. You come with the truth in every post AND you have the job thatI covet more than Cindy Crawford in the old Pepsi commercials.
Now, on to the ?'s.
I have always been captivated by the MAN, and my admiration for him drew me to the product. The innovations and technology made me come back for more.

I will purchase what I like, but I will also purchase what I need (ex. trunner). My first pairs of new Jordan's were team shoes, and I loved them. I was inhigh school (freshman year in 1997) and the team shoes were what I could afford to play in. Even they were not signature shoes, they were J's. I lovedevery minute of wearing those shoes (Air Jordan Team). Since then I was hooked. I did begin to wear the signature shoes in high school, but I bought the retrosat first (XI's and III's). My first pair of current year signature Jordan's were the XVII , after I graduated (2002). By that time I had begun toamass a large collection of retro Jordan's, Barkley's, Penny's, Nike Running shoes, Agassi's. Puma's, Adidas' (Kobe), and Reebok's(Shaq). The technology, feel, design, and presentation of the entire shoe (XVII) blew me away. I have played in the newest signature ever since.

I am an athlete first. I played high school ball, now I am a middle school basketball coach who also helps the varsity program. I also play in a few leaguesaround town... usually 3-4 times per week. 90% of the time I am wearing some type of Jordan shoe. Every once in a while, I will wear some of my old Nikefavorites (zoom flight 95 & 96, zoom flight 5, and the CB 94's) With that being said, I am also a equal opportunity sneaker head. I wear what I likeand it does not have to be a specific brand, but I ALWAYS come back to Jordan for those days that I just want to wear something special.

YES. I have followed the man on TV since the 80's. I have seen him in Cleveland 2x. Once as a Bull (no, not THAT game) and once as a Wizard. Each time Iwas a giddy as a school girl. He has a presence even in an area that you can feel. I also have countless DVDs and videos from back in the day.

5. How Tall are you?

5'7'' on a good day ( I think I may have you INDO!)

6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY? I do and I love the ones I have.

I would wear more if the technology and design kept progressing.

NEW(er): Carbon Fiber and Zoom Air. OLD: The entire design of the III, especially the soft leather upper and the outsole.

Quality leather and mesh for both.

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance?

(A personal favorite area of mine) I don't play football, but I love the Jordan Cleats I see athletes wear.

Absolutely. Seeing as how I am a middle school teacher/ coach, I could give you a real good idea of what the youth are interested in. My school has manydifferent ethnicities and types of athletes.

To be honest, I love shoes. I love everything about them, from the design process, to the creation of new products and technology, to the style of a shoe andimplementation of marketing. I am torn on the limitedness of shoes. I understand Nike/JB want to build hype for a product but , in the long run, a kid in somerural area that never has the chance to get the new "limited" shoe misses out on the feeling that keeps some buyers coming back for more. Thatfeeling of excitement when you buy a shoe that you have wanted for EVER (due to good marketing) could literally make some 13 year old a life long Nike/JBcustomer. Nike/JB looks at the bottom line, and I understand that. They are not in business to make a small group of people happy(NT), they are in business tomake money. They have an obligation to the shareholders to continually bring in revenue, and I am not mad at them for that. What it comes down to is this: Areal quality product will sell its self. BUT a quality product that has the marketing colossus of Nike/JB behind it will be amazing in every way.

3. Age 25

Whew, that was a lot of writing.

1. As a consumer, my decisions on what to buy/pass on dictate the brand's decision

2. Signature

3. Athelete first, sneakerhead second

4. Both in person and on TV

5. 6'4''

6. i have two pairs, the first colorway of the B-Baller Pure and the blk/uni 5.5, but in general i do not purchase team product because they have no connectionto what MJ did on the court, which is where my sneak interest originated. I do like some of the team shoes like the OLD SCHOOL, but I wouldnt buy them becauseI wouldn't wear them. When Im deciding on what to wear, I unconciously associate what Mike did on the court in a particular shoe. I like my 5.5s, but ihavent worn them more than twice since i got the Dec. 2005.

7. Since Mike is no longer playing, I do not believe anything can. I already like some of the designs, but knowing Id never wear them, I will not buy them.

8. Zoom Air, I cant wait for the evoution of it.

9. I like nubuck/durabuck, but i think it's only because i like black colorways because l like leather also. There isn't really a favorite.

10. N/A

11. Yes
12. I have been a head since before there was a Jordan Brand, so I know top quality products when I see them. I just wish the JB, and Nike, would practice whatthey preach, and make the best products, especially in the retro genre like they used to.

13. 20

1. I get up on NT and, just like everyone else up here, hope that JB listens to my opinion.

2. So far all Sig.

3. Sneakerhead, Always wore Jays but just started seriously collecting a couple years back once i finally got a job. Now im 28 shoes deep and counting.

4. I used to watch him play on TV every chance I got. My dad order WGN on our satillite dish just so i could watch the Bulls. I didnt get to go to a game tilllater in his wizards days.

5. 5'6

6. Some of them are okay but they don't have that 'wow' factor to me. The ones ive been tempted to buy are the ones that resemble the sig line likethe 12.5s. I like the 12.5s a lot, but in the end id rather pay 200 for some real 12s or 13s.

7. If I saw something that impressed me i might pick up a pair or 2. Many years it seems as if the team shoes are just cheaper, less elaborate versions of thatyears sig. I'm not a millionaire, so for collecting sake i had to draw the line somewhere. So i stick to the shoe line that actually touched MJs feet.

8. I used to wear Js for ball, now i just wear casually. So I'm more concerned with comfort and the materials used to achieve this. Everything from the 19son has been great.

9. Suede, it adds a more luxurious look and sets Jays apart from the norm of leather.

10. Sorry Rock, i cant respond here. At 5'6 and 120 pounds i closer resemble the football, not the football player.

11. I never mind providing any feedback i can in hopes that it does help JB.

12. First JB shoe is always a good question- Taxis in 7th grade.

13. 24

I also think you have to hit those small towns OTHER than the Major Cities usually visited. Why? Because THOSE guys are the one's who make up another large portion of Nike/Jordans Bottom line. They are those (You inthe small towns) who are forgotten and most times left out EVEN with General Release Products.

Thus you have given up on the Brand.
Thanks for this. This is exactly how i feel. This statement sums up why most of my hate for JB arises. I dont think its too much to ask forloyal customers like me to have an equal opportunity to get ahold of each release. Just because i live in Lakeland Florida, doesnt mean i didnt really reallywant the Titaniums.

I buy alot their shoes, and I guess I influence people in my school to buy
Signature
Athlete and Sneakerhead
Live On TV (Plenty of Times)
5. How Tall are you?
6'6"
I've purchased a few
If they had better designs
Huarache or Zoom Air
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favoritearea of mine)
N/A
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different thanyourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups?
Yeah, I'd be willing to
12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHINGI'd want in a Simple Survey....
13. Age
17, Turning 18 March 7th

I feel that I am part of the foundation of the success of Jordan Brand. It was me that convinced my parents to buy me the OG I that dayin JC Penny's when there were other brands like Zips and Wildcats that were much more affordable, and did it year after year until I could buy them myself.
I was the Nike,Inc./JB's spokeman in the school hallways and classrooms wearing the products and convicncing kids thatthought that were ugly (VI VII, VIII) to buy a pair when they saw mine...and still do it today if on weekend outings with the family when I can get my hands ona pair.

Signature

Athletic Sneakerhead

Both

5. How Tall are you?
5' 10"

When it all started, there were no team products. As an OG consumer, nothing measures up to the sigs whether it has a jumpman on it ornot.

Features that are specifically matched to the type of ball player that I am offering performance that cannot be offered by the signaturemodel.

8. Whats your favorite Technology? Full length Zoom Air, Speedlacing system, carbon fiber

Basketball- breathable leather
Casually- leather

Sure.

A formal method for colorways suggestions to be submitted to JB concerning upcoming releases wouldbe nice

13. Age

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product ?
I don't think I really have an "Impact" on the Jordan Product other than the fact that I wear the sneakers, and thatthey help me in my athletic or casual endeavors.
I tend to purchase the signature shoe usually.
I would have to say I'm both an athlete and sadly yes...a sneakerhead.
Ya, when I was younger.
5. How Tall are you?
6'1
I feel like they aren't as original as the signature line for some reason. Most of the time they seem like modifications of thesignature line with all of the good qualities of the originals taken out.
If they the prices weren't as expensive as the signature line. And also if they seriously had breakthrough technology thatwasn't seen or used in previous model sneaker in Jordan brand or even the sneaker industry. I think that would make the Team products stand out.
Foamposite.
Foamposite, or tumbled leather.
I never really played in Jordan Cleats, but I did play in Reebok cleats for football. I would say ankle support, comfort, anddurability for me are key to for performence. If you can create apair of cleats that'll last at least 3 season of football, you would have me for everyother product that company creates. I think thats what would create brand loyalty, and life long customers.
Yeah, I don't see why not.
Thanks Rockdeep for all the info you give us. Peace
13. Age

The way I feel is I the consumer makes JB what it is today.

Signature and only those that spark a memory like OG Aquas are my Grails because that was the first J I purchased with myown money. OG Concords remind me of walking into the Business Hall at IU and people trippin cause I had them first.

Athlete/SneakerHead

LIVE & On Television

5. How Tall are you?
6'0

I like the Team Products but they don't really take me back memory wise.

Not sure... I guess I had some Team J's in the past like in 97-98. Not quite sure what would bring me to purchasingthem again.

In Jordan's Carbon Fiber Plate.

Full Grain Leather

N/A

Sure why not.

Making shoes available and stop with the limited stuff. Not that I can't or don't get the limited stuff I want butit's really a harsh move on JB's part to do that to the consumer. really what does JB have to gain from having resellers making $600 on a $300package... I mean we get it your product is in demand why not put a few more packs out and make all the money yourself. You think Donald Trump got rich byletting others make double the money on his product? Also although the quality has risen a bit since the dreaded Mars/Military IV's release I think if JBwants to continue leading the way, they need to continue to bring the quality product stop be greedy and use the same leather etc as the OG.

13. Age

- Financially, $100-300 a month. Input wise, I believe that being apart of this forum and others and providing opinions on products lends to the informationthat JB is looking for.

- For playing purposes I tend to buy Team product, and signature product for collecting.

- I consider myself a professional athlete and a professional sneakerhead.

- I've seen Michael play both baseball and basketball live as well as live on TV.

5. How Tall are you?

- 5'6"

- n/a, I purchase team products.

- I think what would sway others to wear team products is to see the JB athletes endorse them again. For example, I was drawn to Jordan trainers by seeingJeter and Roy Jones Jr. in them, and that led me to try them on in stores and purchasing them.

- Double stacked Zoom Air

- Casually, suede. To play, I Like tumbled leather for outdoor and mesh with the presto-esque plastic form for indoor (ex: Kobe 3s, what I'm wearing now).

- I'd like to see JB expand to their own unique cleat design rather than placing the standard football cleats on Jordan uppers. I find the standardfootball cleats boring and inefficient compared to the cleating systems of Vapors or Legends (soccer). I would also like to see Lows encorporated into thefootball line.

- Yes and yes.

- JB is trully establishing itself to being it's own brand. I would really like to see JB in all sports including soccer, tennis, bowling, hockey,snowboarding, and skiing (in that order
wink.gif
).

13. Age

-jester

Originally Posted by RockDeep

5. How Tall are you?
13. Age

1. I buy atleast one shoe each month. sometimes i will splurge with 7-10 pairs in a month though, it all depends on what is releasing and the price i canget them at.

2. with the exception of the 9.5, i have only purchased sig and retro shoes (with jordan)

3. i am an athlete, college baseball

4. i have only seen him play live on TV, unfortuantely i was too young to go see him live, but i do remember him playing before all of his retirements
5. 6-5
6. Its more like i am too busy keeping up with other shoes, retros for example, to get the team shoes. i do own a pair of 9.5's but the only reason whyi copped those was because i got them about a week before the release for $70. It also does not have the appeal and "street Cred" that the sig linehas. not taking anything away from the team shoes, i just choose to stick to the sigs and retros.

7. comfort would, also more technology. i think it is going to take a lot for JB to get over this 'illusion' that people have a team jays that theyare not as good performance and looks wise than the sigs.

8. zoom air, foamposite

9. nubuck or suede. i also dont mind soft tumbled leather, not the flat leather

10. i dont play football, but i do play college baseball with the jeters. one thing i would like to see improved is the overall stability of the shoe, alsothicker laces. A little bit more cusioning would not hurt either.

11. yes and no. i would have no problem asking random people to help me out with a focus group. the only problem is that if we were to TRULY do a focusgroup, not too many people around my way wear jordans or nikes for that matter. they go to sam's club/wal-mart and see a pair of shoes for $25-35 and saythat will work for me. i know for a fact that if this focus group was to happen, many people not in the sneaker culture would say that these shoes are WAYoverpriced.

12. i love JB with a passion. i am sad, and glad at the same time to be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for JB sig shoes.

13. 19 going on 20

1. As a Consumer What is your Impact on the Jordan Product? I am a major consumer who makes 15+ purchases a year.
2. What Product do you tend to purchase? Team? Signature? Signature (current and retro)
3. Are you an Athlete or Sneakerhead or Casual Consumer? Sneakerhead who goes to the gym haha. I don't really play sports anymore though.
4. Have YOU ever seen Michael Jordan PLAY basketball LIVE or LIVE on Television? Television - hundreds of times Live - twice
5. How Tall are you? 5,11
6. IF you dont purchase Team Products WHY? Kind of what Methodman said, they are a lower level Jordan. I rather just buy the signature model. I do however likepurchasing the sandles/slides ( I don't know if these are considered teams)
7. What would sway you to wear Team Products? See previous answer
8. Whats your favorite Technology? Zoom air
9. Whats your favorite Material to play Basketball or to wear Casually? leather
10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area of mine) n/a
11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in Focus Groups? sure
12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey.... Don't ruin a great thing by completlyceasing the production of retros.
13. Age 22

How I feel is that the Consumer is 100% Impact on Jordan Brand because we are the people that go and buy the product at everyrelease. I wear the product and tell other people about it. I agree with cincybcats22

The products are usually signature Jordans and the basketball shorts

First and formost im always considered an athlete ever since I can remember. When I was playing at my JUCO the past 2 years,I played in Jordans even when we were sponsored by Adidas.
laugh.gif
Im into nikebasketball products and Jordans also. I dont like Nike SB's ever

Yes since I could watch television I watched MJ play all the time
pimp.gif

5. How Tall are you?
Im 6'2

6. IF you don't purchase Team Products WHY?
I dont buy Jordan Team Products is because there is no creativity in these recent designs. I would rather have the 1999 JordanVindicates and the Pro's
pimp.gif

What would sway me is that they need to have simpler designs and the technology should be up to par.

My favorite technology would be the IPS used in the XX2's and the interchangable pods. Zoom Air and Shox technology

Nubuck

10. If you play Football in Jordan Cleats where would you like to see them improve on Performance? (A personal favorite area ofmine)
I played in the XII's and they were the WORST CLEAT EVER for me. I played Wide Reciever and these things were bulky as hell. Also I couldnt get to topspeed cause they were too clunky for me. Lucky I changed to Nike Football Cleats after the first game

11. Can you or would you be willing to Volunteer and find others different than yourself to Volunteer to participate in FocusGroups?
Yes, I would be willing to participate cause JB needs to hear what the customer base wants.

What I want to say is that me personally I dont like the whole package deal in 2008. The price of these packs costing people $310 plus tax over in 11 monthspan is JUST NUTS IMO. There are only a few shoes that I want but I have to play for the other shoe that I dont want. Then the white/black/red XX3's beingso limited is not right. If this is the last signature shoe in for JB it should be available for everyone to get including the All-Star Colorway. We want betermaterials for the shoes...... not this low budget crap they have been giving the consumers for the past few years.

13. Age
20 soon to be 21 on sunday

I used to be a collector for about 10 years buying an absurd amount of product, but now my buying trend has significantly tapered off due to Brand Jordanreleasing a lack of products worth purchasing (in my opinion). Other things outside of the Brand itself that have most likely contributed to me buying lessproduct are things like getting older and what not (I no longer wear Jordan's casually). Nowadays, I make purchases mostly with playing basketball in mind,although I may still buy occasional shoes to collect, but I am extremely selective.

Signature

I guess I am primarily a sneakerhead because I don't believe an athlete would be as obsessed with shoes as I am, but I do play in pick-up basketball gameswhen I can as well as work out at the gym regularly.

I grew up watching Michael Jordan on TV and I was fortunate to see him play in person at a few different venues.

5. How Tall are you?
6'0"

Like I said above, most of the purchases I make these days are for basketball. With that said, I want a really good basketball shoe that is going to becushioned, have good traction, not cause blisters or cuts anywhere (seem to have a problem with that), fit snugly, good ankle support, and all the while, stilllook good. I just feel as though team products do not embody this. I usually play in Nike's to be perfectly honest. My favorite shoes of all-time are theFlightposite 1. I have recently purchases the XX3's and I am going to try them out.

They need to be more like what I described above. Unfortunately, this would most likely drive up the price.

As far as cushioning goes, I would have to say Zoom Air. In the right shoes, it feels awesome!

I guess since the Flightposite 1's are my favorite, I would have to say foamposite, but other than that, I guess just plain old leather.

N/A

I guess I'd be willing to try.

12. Other comments you would like to add, as I couldn't ask EVERYTHING I'd want in a Simple Survey...
I can't really think of anything in particular, but if you have any more questions for me, don't hesitate to PM me!

13. Age

First off I gotta say thanks Rock for always giving us as much info as you can and also for TRYING to make as much of a difference as you can!!!

As a JB consumer I purchase more then just the shoes I purchase appearal as well. I grew up with Jordan products sincve they came out in 85 and Ihave been hooked and wearing them ever since.

Shoe wise... signature, I personally don't own any Team products.

Although I have alot of pairs of sneakers I don't consider myself a "sneaker head" , so i guess I'd have to call myself a"Jordan Brand consumer" because I don't feel I am the "casual consumer"

I was a very avid Jordan fan from 1985 when his shoes first came out. Over the years I have been to probably 25 games live and watched hundreds ontv including all his play off games!!!

5. How Tall are you?

5'11"

Honestly, I haven't really liked many of the designs that have come out. There have been a few I have liked but I'd honestly rather spendmy money on the signature line instead as well as other shoes I like that aren't JB products.

This is actually a good question. I guess I might look harder at the Team line if in deed the signature line is finished at 23. But right nowI'm more focused on shoes i grew up wearing and not so much newer styles.

I would have to say the zoom air. It makes it pretty comfy for the casual wearing consumer to walk around in.
Without a doubt black nubuck!!! I just love the feel and look of the black IV's and V's

N/A
Yes I would be willing to paticipate in focus groups and I know alot of epople who wear or are into Jordan products that are NOT here on Nike Talkand that come from all different races.

I personally for the most part have no complaints with JB products. Yes I will agree that the quality hasn't been the best and the leathercould be a bit thicker and the netting on the IV's could be actual netting instead if being molded the the underneith material.

One thing that i think is really messed up is this idea of the packs. It really pisses me off that i am FORCED to buy shoes that I do not want or do not careabout just in order to get the shoes i do want. As with other people there are certain shoes coming out in the packs like the Black Cement IVs which are mysecond favorite shoes of all time and I want to cop 2-3 pairs of them but in doing so i am going to have to spend $900+ for THREE PAIRS OF SHOES because theother 3 shoes in the packs I dislike!!! The "idea" of the packs is cool for the SERIOUS COLLECTOR but I don't consider myself a shoe"collector" I consider myself a shoe consumer because I wear all my shoes!!!!

I just think it's really wrong of JB to FORCE the majority of people to buy a second pair of shoes they don't want. I'd rather see then sell themin packs like the Alpha Omega pack where people could pick the ones they wanted or buy them both if they wanted. And then maybe had a limited run of both shoesin 1 pack for the serious collectors in the fancy box. If they would have done it this way the shoes would all still sell out and they would have ALOT morehappy consumers out there!!!
13. Age

Back
Top Bottom