System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

They popped up on eBay over the weekend with a BIN of $35.  Retail is $60 since they're replicas (which is insane) but figure I might not see another pair of these in the future.  Seems like some people in the Pacific NW are getting their hands on the newer models that never released last winter.

Those are likely the old logo with the interlocking UC on the front of the shorts, I've seen those at Marshalls/TJ Maxx around here.
They were actually the same exact ones. The Ross near my house had two but they were both smalls. 

where did you get the shorts? been waiting for the new logo
They popped up on eBay over the weekend with a BIN of $35.  Retail is $60 since they're replicas (which is insane) but figure I might not see another pair of these in the future.  Seems like some people in the Pacific NW are getting their hands on the newer models that never released last winter.
thanks! i saw the same listing. was hoping there were in stores.

Personally I can't believe nike would stop making these. They may not sell tons but I imagine they sell more than jerseys and the margins are big enough they wouldn't need to sell many

Nike/Arizona released their new uniforms for 14-15, I'm guessing these means a ton of schools are going to be getting new designs over the next two seasons as Nike transitions everyone to "Nike Elite Fit 2.0" uniforms.

Who knows if they'll release in stores.

Personally I can't believe nike would stop making these. They may not sell tons but I imagine they sell more than jerseys and the margins are big enough they wouldn't need to sell many
More info from what I read... 600 is the magic number, Nike will only make authentic shorts (or a jersey) for CBB teams if there's an order of 600+ (per jersey and per short).  I don't know if this is their new policy or what because in years past it wasn't uncommon for a top school to have 2-3 player jerseys made each year.  I remember UConn in 2004 you could buy a Nike Swingman jersey of Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor, Charlie Villanueva and Rashad Anderson.  Four fricken players in one season!

Anyway, I guess Nike didn't meet that quota with retailers and schools.  Hard to believe there aren't 600 people in the entire country that purchase Duke, UNC, etc authentic shorts but at the same time, as we discussed, are those fans going to pay $80 for the new, flimsy HE shorts that have pockets?  Probably not.  Nike obviously thought adding pockets would improve sales, they wouldn't do it otherwise.  Lastly they're too long for most people.  I'm 6'8" so I can't complain about the size but if I was a regular dude there's no way I could wear these shorts.  They should make a Tall and Regular version of the shorts.  Tall remains at ~25" outseam and Regular can be ~21".

- Go back to a $60 price tag

- Lose the pockets

- Make it of a thicker material

- More (shorter) sizing options

More info from what I read... 600 is the magic number, Nike will only make authentic shorts (or a jersey) for CBB teams if there's an order of 600+ (per jersey and per short).  I don't know if this is their new policy or what because in years past it wasn't uncommon for a top school to have 2-3 player jerseys made each year.  I remember UConn in 2004 you could buy a Nike Swingman jersey of Ben Gordon, Emeka Okafor, Charlie Villanueva and Rashad Anderson.  Four fricken players in one season!

Anyway, I guess Nike didn't meet that quota with retailers and schools.  Hard to believe there aren't 600 people in the entire country that purchase Duke, UNC, etc authentic shorts but at the same time, as we discussed, are those fans going to pay $80 for the new, flimsy HE shorts that have pockets?  Probably not.  Nike obviously thought adding pockets would improve sales, they wouldn't do it otherwise.  Lastly they're too long for most people.  I'm 6'8" so I can't complain about the size but if I was a regular dude there's no way I could wear these shorts.  They should make a Tall and Regular version of the shorts.  Tall remains at ~25" outseam and Regular can be ~21".

- Go back to a $60 price tag

- Lose the pockets

- Make it of a thicker material

- More (shorter) sizing options
Why would you lose the pockets? It doesn't bother me when I hoop and there's more utility in it than any disadvantages to having them

Would definitely prefer a shorter version.

I'm 6'10 and I like the shorts to be slightly above my knee and even these size small are still a little big on my 145lb frame.

UConn moving to a modern take on their classic 1990's uniforms.  Not sure if it's a throwback or their full time uniform.  Either way I absolutely love it.

Yea they really need to adjust the height, I have the FSU pair and they are too long. Im 6'3 and got a L and they go below my knees. I don't even like wearing them casually, idk how anyone can play in these.

Yea they really need to adjust the height, I have the FSU pair and they are too long. Im 6'3 and got a L and they go below my knees. I don't even like wearing them casually, idk how anyone can play in these.
Are they for sale?

Nike/Arizona released their new uniforms for 14-15, I'm guessing these means a ton of schools are going to be getting new designs over the next two seasons as Nike transitions everyone to "Nike Elite Fit 2.0" uniforms.

Who knows if they'll release in stores.
Im not sure how i feel about the throwback style unis with hyperelite material. Just got back to the OG everything.

We need to find out what Nike's plans are for these shorts, it didn't look/sound good last year.   Is EastbayRay still around to answer these sorta questions?

I need these new UConn's. 

This year's version of replica shirts has shown up on my school's website. $60 version not $80. Fingers crossed the $80 version appears soon.

Good to see.  Wanted those green Oregons two years ago but might pass since they have pockets.

I'll definitely spring for both the home/away UConns once they're available, and once they're on sale for at least $20 off.

I'm 5'11 and have L and XL and both are too long for bball. I used to like them long but as I get older, I'm starting to like a better fit...been slowly selling off my collection and buying smaller shorts

Back
Top Bottom