Takeover > Ether

Man nobody had the heart to call out Nas for some of that underwelming garbage he was dropping at one point. Like Certified said, Jay stated facts. Nas over here talking about Jay in a Tae Bo class and ish lol.

See mtv tru life jay-z.when he starts taking classes

To "stay on shape"

"1 hot album every 10 year average" ...

What's funny is look at Jay-Z's solo albums since 2003's black album.
American Gangster was the only hot one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, Last Real N Alive >

American Gangster was a hot album the instrumentals were on point. Same as Kingdom Come.  2006-2007. 

Man nobody had the heart to call out Nas for some of that underwelming garbage he was dropping at one point. Like Certified said, Jay stated facts. Nas over here talking about Jay in a Tae Bo class and ish lol.

he was in Tae Bo class tho
he was wearing hawaiian shirts looking like a clown in Jaz-Os video
he did COMPLETELY change his rap style
Eminem did kill him on Renegade
KRS had an album called the Blueprint before Hov did

Ether >>>>>>

people who say Takeover is better always say that Ether is full of "little middle school insults" , but to me that is kind of the point . Nas smacked Jay-Z around and treated him like a lil ***** on some "respect your elders" type **** . the way an older brother smacks up on his little brother when he tries to act bigger and tougher than him

Eminem Vs. Nas Bodyguard. By the way you said jay-z was killed by a Eminem (a legend by law) and, the way you disregarded the fact that Jay-z wasn't trash on renegade. I would understand if jay-z spit some nursery lines and Em just squashed it but, he didn't. Now getting back to ooche wally, Nas was Horrible, he made kool g rap and Queens look bad with that track. And to put insult to injury his bodyguard was spitting better. Have you listen to Blueprint 2 (reply to ether all fact) ?, thats when the silent killer came out of hov but no one was feeling it because of the hype ether had for years to come.  

"and y'all buy the ****, caught up in the hype cause the ***** wear a kufi, it don't mean that he bright cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice it means you don't understand all the ******** that he write is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?" 

Plus!!, Jay-z didn't switch up he aged. 2001-2013 mafioso and Nation of Earth and Gods, No was spitting it not even the members of the Wu-tang clan. Even Nas himself that was really into Knowledge and Gods and the Earths switched up quick. He went full Christian and Pop. To be real Illmatic is beyond great but, there nothing else after that nas made that was better or up to its standers. Illmatic over shadowed nas (Fact). Reasonable Doubt my favorite album of all time (Can I live & Regret) but, Hov didn't let that overshadow him he kept making great albums. "****** want my old ****, buy my old albums". 

I've said this since both tracks dropped. Ether was a fairly generic diss record. A lot of what was said in there could have been said about any rapper and a lot was just rumor. Hov did come with facts and stuff that was directed directly at Nas. I'll take takeover and blueprint over ether and stillmatic any day.

Sidenote to say stillmatic is garbage is insane. I'm no way a nas stan, but stillmatic is a classic. As is blueprint in my eyes.

I've said this since both tracks dropped. Ether was a fairly generic diss record. A lot of what was said in there could have been said about any rapper and a lot was just rumor. Hov did come with facts and stuff that was directed directly at Nas. I'll take takeover and blueprint over ether and stillmatic any day.

Sidenote to say stillmatic is garbage is insane. I'm no way a nas stan, but stillmatic is a classic. As is blueprint in my eyes.
Agreed. 
roll.gif

Pass me the blunt so I can throw my ashes on these lil ns.

Nas is ur fav rappers influence. Check the recent article of kanye in the times, blatant disrespect to ur idol, stating biggie had to die for j**** to become hov .

Last edited:
Lol at the thread title. Fact remains Jay was on top of rap while Nas was away from music, Jay wanted Take Over to be his claim as undisputed King of NY and Ether made his claim just as insufficient as Bleek's sneak disses on Nas.

Ether was very direct . please point out all of the lyrics that could have been said about any rapper

Last edited:
I respect Shawn Carter. He has the ability to blind people and make them go around spewing delusional statements.

i didn't know Hov's real name was Russell Simmons....
If that point is good enough for Nas, it should be good enough for Jay.

Stop. Did Nas not sign to Def Jam when Jay-Z was PRESIDENT of the label?

At the end of the day, we all know what Nas did and how it looked...
Nas original deal with columbia ran its course and he wanted to go elsewhere ya stans make it sound like Nas didnt have a platinum double album prior to signing with def jam

Even tho ninja be wildin' sometimes but that revisionist history thing is honestly true for some of ya'll

Back
Top Bottom