Target Apologizes after naming Plus Sized Dress "Manatee Grey" Vol. Fat Chick Problems

Ok tough guy

I bet I would
uhoh we got a badass over here.  You have your opportunity every day when you step outside to voice your beliefs. You choose to keep your mouth shut untill you are safely behind a screen at home.   

I hate when fat people feel they are discriminated against. Get in the kitchen and gym and lose some damn weight, it isn't something you can't control. As far as I am concerned, Target should troll the hell out of them an start calling their Plus size section the Manatee section.

Is it really that easy though? I don't know how many of you guys lived in poverty or know people in poverty.. but when these people only have 2 dollars for dinner.. what do you think they buy? Lettuce or $2 worth of crap at the McDonald's dollar menu?

There is a big correlation between fat people and income level.

It is not possible to become obese off of a $2 a day diet. You can't get enough calories out of that to become huge, whether it be Mcdonalds, Popeyes, or the Whole Foods Market. You are confusing American poverty with real poverty. This is real starving stomach cramps poverty:

View media item 354734

This is American free food stamps and soup kitchen/begging for change poverty:

View media item 354726

Last edited:
I hate when fat people feel they are discriminated against. Get in the kitchen and gym and lose some damn weight, it isn't something you can't control. As far as I am concerned, Target should troll the hell out of them an start calling their Plus size section the Manatee section.

Is it really that easy though? I don't know how many of you guys lived in poverty or know people in poverty.. but when these people only have 2 dollars for dinner.. what do you think they buy? Lettuce or $2 worth of crap at the McDonald's dollar menu?

Thats an aspect you never really think about but healthy food is far more expensive than unhealthy food.

I don't get why some of yall hate fat people, comparing it to drug addicts and molesters. Really the lifestyle only effects the fat person. Its like dudes are excited to have something they can make fun since you cant really make fun of much else in our politically correct culture.

I'd say it to your face, If I could see it through the four Big Macs, large fries and extra large Diet Coke you would be stuffing it with.

Be careful the dude reported me for the husky comment even though he came at everyone in the thread with insults

Last edited:

Thats an aspect you never really think about but healthy food is far more expensive than unhealthy food.

I don't get why some of yall hate fat people, comparing it to drug addicts and molesters. Really the lifestyle only effects the fat person. Its like dudes are excited to have something they can make fun since you cant really make fun of much else in our politically correct culture.

Healthy food is more expensive, that is true. However, bodyweight is determined by calories in vs calories out. It is not physically possible to become obese off of $2 a day. This guy has consumed more Big Macs than anyone alive, he has eaten Big Macs every day for the past 37 years and is not obese:

View media item 354894

Being obese is a choice, not some affliction or genetic predisposition. I don't hate fat people, large people like JuJu have as much right to happiness as anyone else. But let's not act like they are fighting for civil rights here. If you make fun of someone because of their race, or sexual preference, that person can't change these things, it is who they are and the harsh words will stay with them for life. If you call someone fat, that could motivate them to start living healthy and change their lifestyle, which in turn will increase the quality of their life, their confidence and their health. They are limiting their lifespan and causing severe health problems to themselves by gorging on food and being lazy. I have seen many instances of morbidly obese people turning their life around through diet and excercise. I also see a lot of fat people who complain about "genes" or "slow metabolism" who eat 7k calories a day and use the escalator every chance they get.

Last edited:
While it might be more expensive to eat healthy, you get a lot of that money back in lower healthcare costs.

It is not possible to become obese off of a $2 a day diet. You can't get enough calories out of that to become huge, whether it be Mcdonalds, Popeyes, or the Whole Foods Market. You are confusing American poverty with real poverty. This is real starving stomach cramps poverty:

View media item 354734

View media item 354726

Are you saying a young child who doesn't exercise and eats a McDouble & a medium coke 4-5 times a week can't get obese by adult age?

That picture of an American is a perfect example of poverty here. Inexpensive meals are plentiful here in America.

It's definitely a lifestyle choice. You can't lose weight overnight but you can't gain weight overnight either. Obese people must be held accountable just as much as cigarette smokers.

View media item 354734

View media item 354726

Are you saying a young child who doesn't exercise and eats a McDouble & a medium coke 4-5 times a week can't get obese by adult age?

That picture of an American is a perfect example of poverty here. Inexpensive meals are plentiful here in America.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. A McDouble and a medium coke equals 600 calories. You find me someone who eats only 600 calories a day and is obese and I will introduce you to my pals the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and sell you some ocean front property in Arizona.

Last edited:
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. A McDouble and a medium coke equals 600 calories. You find me someone who eats only 600 calories a day and is obese and I will introduce you to my pals the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and sell you some ocean front property in Arizona.

Maybe I didn't word it right but yeah 600 calories = one meal!

How many meals does an average a person eat daily? Use some common sense.

Last edited:
People ate fast food all the time in the 80's and obesity wasnt a problem

Fast food chains increased sizing vastly and people eat much bigger portions

There are many items at fast food chains that are much healthier then a double cheeseburger

McDonalds has grilled chicken wraps for like $1.50 with like 4 grams of fat

Maybe I didn't word it right but yeah 600 calories a day = one meal!

How many meals does an average a person eats? Use some common sense.

Common sense? :lol: I'm supposed to read your mind? I can only reply to what you post or imply. You clearly stated a McDouble and a medium Coke 4-5 times a week.You defeated your own argument. As I said before, obesity is caused by consuming more calories than you expend. It is possible to eat fast food and not become obese. It is also possible to eat healthy on a budget.

There are many items at fast food chains that are much healthier then a double cheeseburger

This. It has been proven that it is how much you eat, not what you eat, that dictates size.

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds
By Madison Park, CNN

(CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.

For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.

For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.

His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds.

But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so.

Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent.

"That's where the head scratching comes," Haub said. "What does that mean? Does that mean I'm healthier? Or does it mean how we define health from a biology standpoint, that we're missing something?"
Haub's sample day
Espresso, Double: 6 calories; 0 grams of fat

Hostess Twinkies Golden Sponge Cake: 150 calories; 5 grams of fat

Centrum Advanced Formula From A To Zinc: 0 calories; 0 grams of fat

Little Debbie Star Crunch: 150 calories; 6 grams of fat

Hostess Twinkies Golden Sponge Cake: 150 calories; 5 grams of fat

Diet Mountain Dew: 0 calories; 0 grams of fat

Doritos Cool Ranch: 75 calories; 4 grams of fat

Kellogg's Corn Pops: 220 calories; 0 grams of fat

whole milk: 150 calories; 8 grams of fat

baby carrots: 18 calories; 0 grams of fat

Duncan Hines Family Style Brownie Chewy Fudge: 270 calories; 14 grams of fat

Little Debbie Zebra Cake: 160 calories; 8 grams of fat

Muscle Milk Protein Shake: 240 calories; 9 grams of fat

Totals: 1,589 calories and 59 grams of fat

Despite his temporary success, Haub does not recommend replicating his snack-centric diet.

"I'm not geared to say this is a good thing to do," he said. "I'm stuck in the middle. I guess that's the frustrating part. I can't give a concrete answer. There's not enough information to do that."

Two-thirds of his total intake came from junk food. He also took a multivitamin pill and drank a protein shake daily. And he ate vegetables, typically a can of green beans or three to four celery stalks.

Families who live in food deserts have limited access to fresh fruits and vegetables, so they often rely on the kind of food Haub was eating.

"These foods are consumed by lots of people," he said. "It may be an issue of portion size and moderation rather than total removal. I just think it's unrealistic to expect people to totally drop these foods for vegetables and fruits. It may be healthy, but not realistic."

Haub's body fat dropped from 33.4 to 24.9 percent. This posed the question: What matters more for weight loss, the quantity or quality of calories?

His success is probably a result of caloric reduction, said Dawn Jackson Blatner, a dietitian in Chicago, Illinois.

"It's a great reminder for weight loss that calories count," she said. "Is that the bottom line to being healthy? That's another story."

Blatner, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, said she's not surprised to hear Haub's health markers improved even when he loaded up on processed snack cakes.

Being overweight is the central problem that leads to complications like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, she said.

How well are you managing your diabetes?

"When you lose weight, regardless of how you're doing it -- even if it's with packaged foods, generally you will see these markers improve when weight loss has improved," she said.

Before jumping on the Ding Dong bandwagon, Blatner warned of health concerns.

"There are things we can't measure," said Blatner, questioning how the lack of fruits and vegetables could affect long-term health. "How much does that affect the risk for cancer? We can't measure how diet changes affect our health."
I was eating healthier, but I wasn't healthy. I was eating too much.
--Professor Mark Haub
The ultimate Twinkie diet

On August 25, Haub, 41, started his cake diet focusing on portion control.

"I'm eating to the point of need and pushing the plate or wrapper away," he said.

He intended the trial to last a month as a teaching tool for his class. As he lost weight, Haub continued the diet until he reached a normal body mass index.

Before his Twinkie diet, he tried to eat a healthy diet that included whole grains, dietary fiber, berries and bananas, vegetables and occasional treats like pizza.

"There seems to be a disconnect between eating healthy and being healthy," Haub said. "It may not be the same. I was eating healthier, but I wasn't healthy. I was eating too much."

He maintained the same level of moderate physical activity as before going on the diet. (Haub does not have any ties to the snack cake companies.)

To avoid setting a bad example for his kids, Haub ate vegetables in front of his family. Away from the dinner table, he usually unwrapped his meals.

Study: U.S. obesity rate will hit 42 percent

Haub monitored his body composition, blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose, and updated his progress on his Facebook page, Professor Haub's diet experiment.

To curb calories, he avoided meat, whole grains and fruits. Once he started adding meat into the diet four weeks ago, his cholesterol level increased.

Haub plans to add about 300 calories to his daily intake now that he's done with the diet. But he's not ditching snack cakes altogether. Despite his weight loss, Haub feels ambivalence.

"I wish I could say the outcomes are unhealthy. I wish I could say it's healthy. I'm not confident enough in doing that. That frustrates a lot of people. One side says it's irresponsible. It is unhealthy, but the data doesn't say that."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Last edited:

Right.. so folks who are educated about Nutrition would chose a grilled chicken wrap and call it a day.

HOWEVER... most people in poverty don't know crap about nutrition, don't read labels, so what's going to satisfy them more? A chicken wrap or a double cheese burger?

There are tons of studies that show how income level and obesity go hand in hand.

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/60/11/2667.full

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/...and-education-levels-linked-to-better-health/

http://futureofchildren.org/publica....xml?journalid=36&articleid=101&sectionid=645

Obesity prevalence has increased significantly among adults and children in the U.S. over the last two decades. A new study appearing in the journal Nutrition Reviews reveals that characteristics of neighborhoods, including the area’s income level, the built environment, and access to healthy food, contribute to the continuing obesity epidemic.

Yes, seriously. It is a fact. Do you have some way to dispute it?

Well you posted an article and didn't even bother to even read it..
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Nutrition professor's "convenience store diet" helped him shed 27 pounds
Haub limited himself to 1,800 calories and two-thirds come from junk food
Haub said it's too early to draw any conclusions about diet

As it relates to health, not obesity. It is a fact that obesity is caused by consuming more calories than you expend.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=2894

The obesity crisis

About 68 percent of American adults today are overweight or obese. More than 19 percent of children ages 6 to 11 are considered obese, as are 18 percent of teens ages 12 to 19. Doctors define being overweight as having a body mass index (BMI) of 25 to 29.9; obesity is having a BMI of 30 or greater.

Obesity is caused by eating more calories each day on average than you expend. Calories not used up through daily activities are stored as fat.

On average, Americans are consuming more calories today than they did three decades ago. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, men consumed 2,450 calories a day in 1971, and women consumed 1,542. In 2000, the numbers were 2,618 for men and 1,877 for women.

Overweight and obesity are associated with many health conditions and diseases, and premature death. The extra pounds also carry significant economic costs. The medical expenses tied to overweight and obesity have reached $92.6 billion per year, or 9.1 percent of all medical spending.

Last edited:
Haha so many clowns in this thread.  Cowards who say and feel one way behind a screen but would never say these same things to a persons face. 

Making fun of people who might have a problem?      disgusting.  

FOH.

Saying hurtful things to someone's face just for the **** of it would be disgusting.

You wanna be moral high ground horse riding dudes need to sit down.

Ain't nobody a coward for cracking jokes on the Internet.

Last edited:
Goodlooks. I didn't even see page 6, didn't know it was personal for him, It all makes sense. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom