Target Apologizes after naming Plus Sized Dress "Manatee Grey" Vol. Fat Chick Problems

laugh.gif
I saw that. I thought you were gonna' say that you lost it to a fat girl and somehow tie that in to the discussion.
laugh.gif
 Glad you didn't qoute me. Now I can't even find the thread I was trying to post in did it get deleted?

Last edited:
:lol: I saw that. I thought you were gonna' say that you lost it to a fat girl and somehow tie that in to the discussion.

:lol:  Glad you didn't qoute me. Now I can't even find the thread I was trying to post in did it get deleted?

I tried to quote you. :lol: You must have changed it quick while my page was loading. I didn't even see the thread you were tryna post in.

Last edited:
Right.. so folks who are educated about Nutrition would chose a grilled chicken wrap and call it a day.

HOWEVER... most people in poverty don't know crap about nutrition, don't read labels, so what's going to satisfy them more? A chicken wrap or a double cheese burger?

There are tons of studies that show how income level and obesity go hand in hand.

http://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/60/11/2667.full

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/...and-education-levels-linked-to-better-health/

http://futureofchildren.org/publica...ndex.xml?journalid=36&articleid=101§ionid=645
since when has ignorance been an excuse....? it doesnt work for law and it doesnt work here either... i could see maybe 30 years ago. But we live in a world where pretty much a plethra of knowledge and pretty much the worlds knowledge can be obtain in a matter of keystrokes. Its simply unexcusable. Just as easy as these ppl can look up youtube videos, songs to d/l, wshh, twitter, facebook etc...they could easily search and see whats healthy/unhealthy...etc.

True mississippi is the most poverty stricken state and the most overweight state...but it is also the most uneducated state as well. A key factor ppl tend to leave out. And while cheap food is well cheap food. Poor ppl tend to spend far more and consume far more just to get the same results ala get full. 20 dollars of crap food = 20 dollars of healthy expensive food. True it may not equal the same amount, as far as size/portion is concern... But It will still serve the same purpose = get full. And lets not even factor excersize. Poverty isnt an excuse for being lazy and not excersizing. It isnt expensive to excersizing.

Last edited:
since when has ignorance been an excuse....? it doesnt work for law and it doesnt work here either... i could see maybe 30 years ago. But we live in a world where pretty much a plethra of knowledge and pretty much the worlds knowledge can be obtain in a matter of keystrokes. Its simply unexcusable. Just as easy as these ppl can look up youtube videos, songs to d/l, wshh, twitter, facebook etc...they could easily search and see whats healthy/unhealthy...etc.

True mississippi is the most poverty stricken state and the most overweight state...but it is also the most uneducated state as well. A key factor ppl tend to leave out. And while cheap food is well cheap food. Poor ppl tend to spend far more and consume far more just to get the same results ala get full. 20 dollars of crap food = 20 dollars of healthy expensive food. True it may not equal the same amount, as far as size/portion is concern... But It will still serve the same purpose = get full. And lets not even factor excersize. Poverty isnt an excuse for being lazy and not excersizing. It isnt expensive to excersizing.

I am not stating excuses.. I am stating FACTS! I mean yah these days... it's real easy and there are plenty of resources to be informed but what motivation do people in poverty have to do this? You really think a mother of 5 living in public housing is going to take the time to research Trans fat, GMOs, etc.. ? That's what I mean when I stated that people in poverty are ignorant about nutrition and do what's easy to feed their family. Easy = Fast inexpensive food which usually revolves around fast food.

Hey guys, I eat a horrible diet and I never exercise. How come I'm not fat?

You either have a quick metabolism, or an inefficient one.

Just because you don't exercise doesn't mean your body doesn't expend more calories to operate the homeopathic processes within.

There is a big correlation between fat people and income level.

you are right when it comes to this country, saying that low income can negatively affect obesity rates

but in a lot of other countries, to this day, it's the wealthy that are usually the fat cats
usually in societies - the rich people are the fat people, this goes back many years through many cultures

even the rich mayans were fatsos compared to the common or or poor people of that society

PS - i see you're already discussing this with someone else & i'm not entering into that argument, just giving you
my thoughts on this quote

Here's the study per my child's pediatric dietitian. She didn't even bother to respond to my email.. just laughed and sent me a link to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/5/1107.long

Does social class predict diet quality?

Here's a summary:
...families with limited economic resources may turn to food with poor nutritional quality because it is cheaper and more accessible

Lack of physical activity is another commonly-cited problem fueling the obesity epidemic in America. Some low-income families live in neighborhoods where it is dangerous to play outside, reducing opportunities for both children and adults to exercise

Furthermore, many low-income communities lack access to fresh and nutritious food. Instead of a supermarket, these neighborhoods may have an abundance of fast-food retailers and corner stores that are stocked with products high in fat and low in nutrients.

Additionally, low-income families are often targeted by food marketers with advertisements encouraging the consumption of nutrient-poor foods. In this environment, children in low-income families are especially hard hit, as evidence demonstrates that consistent exposure to such advertising increases the likelihood of adopting unhealthy dietary practices

I am done... :lol: Wasting my time here talking about fatties!

I am not stating excuses.. I am stating FACTS! I mean yah these days... it's real easy and there are plenty of resources to be informed but what motivation do people in poverty have to do this? You really think a mother of 5 living in public housing is going to take the time to research Trans fat, GMOs, etc.. ? That's what I mean when I stated that people in poverty are ignorant about nutrition and do what's easy to feed their family. Easy = Fast inexpensive food which usually revolves around fast food.
The same time she takes to facebook, twitter, see the latest gossip, post millions of pics of instagram. Looking up trans fat etc... cannot take more time then setting up and taking bathroom pics for instagram. So like i said its just a lame excuse. And again like i stated fast food is easier to prepare which in returns means lazy. Which coincide with being overweight. A cheap crap unhealthy food like some microwavable breaded wings cost the same amount as a pack of chicken breast, the seasoning etc to cook it. Difference is one offers more quantity of food, but requires you to eat more, and is easier to prepare ala...just microwave. The other is the less lazy approach and requires actually effort ala getting up and cooking.

And ppl use the excuse of oh the i work all day etc... i be tired b.s. excuse. Um the average american woman in most part dont have a physical demanding job. Infact i saw and posted sometime ago...cant remember the numbers, but actually do around a hour or so of actually labor that requires some sort of physical exertion in a typical work day. So the other 8 hrs including break/lunch...you are essentially doing nothing. So what are you exactly tired from? You slept around 6-8 hrs. expended about an hr of physical activity (getting kids ready, and yourself, driving and the walk into work.) then you go 9 hrs with and hr of actually physical work throughout that time frame. So ina 16 or so hr time frame you slept half, rested etc... another 6 or so hrs...and actually moved used your body the remaining 2 hrs. And that 2 hrs is dispursed throught that 16 hrs.

Like i said its laziness, mixed with choosing to be ignorance, social acceptance and political correct approach to things, and a lack of being held accountable. Plus making things easy for ppl. Plus ppl was poor/poverty stricken in the past. But the thing was despite all that they werent lazy. They worked REAL JOBS, that were physically demanding, and worked faaaaaar more hrs, and despite all that still found waays to cook everynight, and cook wholesome and healthy meals. So whats different today, as oppose 40-50 yrs ago? Sorriness and laziness point blank period.

The same time she takes to facebook, twitter, see the latest gossip, post millions of pics of instagram. Looking up trans fat etc... cannot take more time then setting up and taking bathroom pics for instagram. So like i said its just a lame excuse. And again like i stated fast food is easier to prepare which in returns means lazy. Which coincide with being overweight. A cheap crap unhealthy food like some microwavable breaded wings cost the same amount as a pack of chicken breast, the seasoning etc to cook it. Difference is one offers more quantity of food, but requires you to eat more, and is easier to prepare ala...just microwave. The other is the less lazy approach and requires actually effort ala getting up and cooking.

And ppl use the excuse of oh the i work all day etc... i be tired b.s. excuse. Um the average american woman in most part dont have a physical demanding job. Infact i saw and posted sometime ago...cant remember the numbers, but actually do around a hour or so of actually labor that requires some sort of physical exertion in a typical work day. So the other 8 hrs including break/lunch...you are essentially doing nothing. So what are you exactly tired from? You slept around 6-8 hrs. expended about an hr of physical activity (getting kids ready, and yourself, driving and the walk into work.) then you go 9 hrs with and hr of actually physical work throughout that time frame. So ina 16 or so hr time frame you slept half, rested etc... another 6 or so hrs...and actually moved used your body the remaining 2 hrs. And that 2 hrs is dispursed throught that 16 hrs.

Like i said its laziness, mixed with choosing to be ignorance, social acceptance and political correct approach to things, and a lack of being held accountable. Plus making things easy for ppl. Plus ppl was poor/poverty stricken in the past. But the thing was despite all that they werent lazy. They worked REAL JOBS, that were physically demanding, and worked faaaaaar more hrs, and despite all that still found waays to cook everynight, and cook wholesome and healthy meals. So whats different today, as oppose 40-50 yrs ago? Sorriness and laziness point blank period.

Exactly.Me and Shoelysses have had our disagreements on here before, but he is 100% schooling you now. People consume more calories without burning them, therefore they are larger these days. Plenty of people eat only fast food and also stay skinny, it's called portion control.

Last edited:
:lol: at the poor = fat excuse. Like there aren't MILLIONS of middle class and upper class obese people.

Yeah maybe a lower income results in poor food choices, but if you're truly THAT poor you can't even afford to eat enough to become obese. Even if it is off the dollar menu.

And I don't hate fat people, I hate proud fat people who act like being fat isn't a CHOICE.

I understand how this thread got derailed into talking about obese people.

The lady alerted people to Targets clothing name for plus sizes isn't obese....she's just overweight or fat.

As I've older, I've seen some of my buddies get overweight, basically because they got busy with work and weren't dedicated to the gym.

I could imagine how it would be for a typical woman between 5'2-5'6 as she gets older, works and takes care of children, how it could be next to impossible to stay in the gym all the time and avoid being overweight.

I dont know how old alot y'all are but sometimes life gets in the way of being in top shape. Although its not currently me....I can empathize with them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom