Taxi 12's - December '13

And where might a young brother such as myself cop for 230?
You guys should look around. I got me a ds og taxi for that price. Can't beat that with the quality from back then. Just saying. Good luck everyone. I might try to get one to resell or swap for some gamma blue xi

You guys should look around. I got me a ds og taxi for that price. Can't beat that with the quality from back then. Just saying. Good luck everyone. I might try to get one to resell or swap for some gamma blue xi
i cant bring myself to copping a pair of sneakers thats more than 3 years old. i queation how long do i have till it breaks down. you kno what i mean?

i cant bring myself to copping a pair of sneakers thats more than 3 years old. i queation how long do i have till it breaks down. you kno what i mean?

og 12s are tanks bruh. ive been debating if i should pay a little extra and get some og taxis.

soon

birdmanhandrub.gif

og 12s are tanks bruh. ive been debating if i should pay a little extra and get some og taxis.

soon

birdmanhandrub.gif
i mean i dont wana go in my closet one day to see my soles rotten or something like what you see with the 4s

Not sure if this was answered but will these be limited or a GR? or are we still unsure? 

Someone previously said that they would be GR, but I figured they would be limited since they're classics. What we all pretty much figured out was that the 11's will be extra available lol.

Last edited:
GR, judging by the number of pairs people are mentioning in the thread that stores are getting, most likely same numbers as Laney's (250k total).

nothing some glue cant fix. that leather
smokin.gif
Nah im good.

Personally ... I dont see the point in me paying extra (more than retail for this release) and i may have to put money into it and repair certain aspects just to make sure it holds up.

I'll pay the $170 and be completely happy with a 2013.

Some of yall like to look for/buy OG shoes just to say you have them. Not calling any one in particular out, but yall know you see dudes flexin .. "Im good with OGs" etc ..

Someone previously said that you would really only be spending $20 to $30 in really to get a second pair of what you want hassle free. Because you have to add in taxes and possible shipping fee's or time spent waiting in line and if you go that route then you have to factor in gas. So if it's a shoe you want and can get hassle free guaranteed I'd do it, money ain't a thing if you got it bruh.

i would jump on it. 170 plis taxes is about 186 and if ur going through the website add about $7 so about 193your only paying about $20 extra

No sales tax on food and clothes in Jersey.

I imagine that that's what the resell price will settle to...220ish (local); 240ish (ebay). If the money ain't a thing, then it's always good to spread the dollars and let your man get a little come up for services rendered.

As for those wondering about GR or limited...I'm betting GR, but I'll know for sure on Sunday.

Peace.

nothing some glue cant fix. that leather
smokin.gif
Nah im good.

Personally ... I dont see the point in me paying extra (more than retail for this release) and i may have to put money into it and repair certain aspects just to make sure it holds up.

Some of yall like to look for/buy OG shoes just to say you have them. Not calling any one in particular out, but yall know you see dudes flexin .. "Im good with OGs" etc ..

I'm new to NT and I never understood why people put an older version of a shoe as a high priority. It's like people throw "OG" out as a status symbol or something. I understand the quality was probably much better when they weren't OG's, but now the new retro's would probably hold up better in my humble opinion. If people have the OG Taxi's DS then I would keep those DS for a strictly DS collection if you want bragging rights, but I would definitely get a newer version of the shoe for wearing purposes.

OG 12s aren't comfy.

yea they were. :D

that said, OGs will have a more yellowed leather now which i want no parts of. nothing like an off white pair of XIIs. i had OG 12s (taxi and white/reds) 2 years ago and couldn't get pass the shade.

Last edited:
^^^ i rarely see OG 12 and uncomfy in the same sentence... to each his own tho.

OG XIIs are comfy and have real leather :lol: you must not own a pr.

nope.

I always get a huge laugh when I see people say things like Nike using real leather.

Mercedes Benz doesn't use real leather except for on the steering wheel.

There's a reason that Gucci and Louis Vuitton shoes are so expensive.

What? Me saying this on NT isn't enough to convince you...? You doubting that thekid knows his stuff? Ok...

http://www.nikeresponsibility.com/report/content/chapter/materials

When Nike does use real leather, you will know...not by the feel and touch (or "hand" as it is referred to in the apparel industry), but by the price tag.

Although, it's possible that certain OG versions had real leather...The OG II's come to mind, being that they were made in Italy...

Peace.

Last edited:
Nah im good.

You got me I don't understand the logic behind having to have OG's.  Some people almost treat them as a badge of honor, oh those aren't OG's you aren't a real sneakerhead.  SMH.  I don't get it.

nope.

I always get a huge laugh when I see people say things like Nike using real leather.

Mercedes Benz doesn't use real leather except for on the steering wheel.

There's a reason that Gucci and Louis Vuitton shoes are so expensive.

What? Me saying this on NT isn't enough to convince you...? You doubting that thekid knows his stuff? Ok...

http://www.nikeresponsibility.com/report/content/chapter/materials

When Nike does use real leather, you will know...not by the feel and touch (or "hand" as it is referred to in the apparel industry), but by the price tag.

Although, it's possible that certain OG versions had real leather...The OG II's come to mind, being that they were made in Italy...

Peace.
Almost all OG kicks from the 80's to mid 90's had genuine materials used, ether leather, suede or nubuk.

And for Mercedes Benz, that is funny. Which model, which trim??? Its like you are saying BMW are not using turbo engines. 

Last edited:
You got me I don't understand the logic behind having to have OG's.  Some people almost treat them as a badge of honor, oh those aren't OG's you aren't a real sneakerhead.  SMH.  I don't get it.

Lol I laugh when people say that. It all boils down to what you like and what your willing to spend your hard earned money on. I have a homie who only buys OG colorways. I got a patna that beasts on every release. I don't think this would define you as a sneakerhead or not. Its what you like! Bottom line. **** what anybody else got to say. As long as they aint fakes. Some of these dumb ***** would say u not a sneaker head because one don't wear Jordans.. SMH

Back
Top Bottom