Taxi 12's - December '13

taxis should have came in the generic orange dark brown nike box like the ogs did :lol:
I didn't have Jordans until the 15s in high school but my Nikes during that time frame came in black and red colored cardboard boxes. I don't think Jordans had their own branding boxes back then.

I hope the new school is waiting for the Gammas and whatever else shoes in the pipeline for the holidays.

Last edited:
I've made my mind up, I'm doubling up. I never buy doubles...

Anyone in So Cal have Sheikh Shoes raffle code they can pm me/share? I have one for one store trying to enter others.

I didn't have Jordans until the 15s in high school but my Nikes during that time frame came in black and red colored cardboard boxes. I don't think Jordans had their own branding boxes back then.

I hope the new school is waiting for the Gammas and whatever else shoes in the pipeline for the holidays.
I know they did with the 13's. Dunno about 12's.

XIIs were the last pair of OGs to be sold under the Nike namesake before Jordan Brand became its own brand and subdivision of Nike.

XIIs were sold in the standard black/orange Nike boxes, and starting with the XIIIs, they got the silver box treatment.

Last edited:
Was reading in some FB shoe groups and noticed a guy posted that a champs near by still had some sizes. Rushed right after work and was able to reserve my size 11! With the Gamma blue RSVP from Finishline I feel like I won the lotto!!!!

XIIs were the last pair of OGs to be sold under the Nike namesake before Jordan Brand became its own brand and subdivision of Nike.

XIIs were sold in the standard black/orange Nike boxes, and starting with the XIIIs, they got the silver box treatment.
This.

Only the 1s and 12s officially came in Nike boxes, and OG blk/red XIs and OG XI lows did as well.

Now it's sounding like not such an easy pick up.
ohwell.gif

This.

Only the 1s and 12s officially came in Nike boxes, and OG blk/red XIs and OG XI lows did as well.

The XV had a nike box as well, with dividers for the wierd collar shape . At least the black/red pair I originally bought did.

There is OG vs 2013 picture comparison up on NiceKicks. Here is a few photos

Differences you can see is the thickness of the leather, the padding is less, the overall lower cut. Still pretty true to OG IMO in terms of looks though not quality. 

Last edited:
This.

The XV had a nike box as well, with dividers for the wierd collar shape . At least the black/red pair I originally bought did.

I have OG XVs, and they're in a Jordan box (with the face on the lid).
Yep. I remember those.

I think the 13s and 14s and other Team Jordans that came out at the time had the all silver box. The 15s came in the box with the black accent and face as you mentioned. First real Js in the 9th grade for me.

The pic of MJ in the 97 pinstripe Blk/Red away jersey, was that game a preseason game? MJ always wore the Wht/Red XII's on away games and the taxis at home

during the season.

I checked out the Taxis and the Gamma XI's Tuuesday wen I went to my local mall 2 enter for the Taxi XII raffle, and I was impressed with both retros. Gammas look 

real nice.

We have 3 shoe stores at my local mall and they only got a full sz run (12) pairs each between FTL,FTA, and Champs. Its gonna be tough to win only 3 10.5's I have 

a chance for.

The pic of MJ in the 97 pinstripe Blk/Red away jersey, was that game a preseason game? MJ always wore the Wht/Red XII's on away games and the taxis at home
during the season.
I checked out the Taxis and the Gamma XI's Tuuesday wen I went to my local mall 2 enter for the Taxi XII raffle, and I was impressed with both retros. Gammas look 
real nice.
We have 3 shoe stores at my local mall and they only got a full sz run (12) pairs each between FTL,FTA, and Champs. Its gonna be tough to win only 3 10.5's I have 
a chance for.

actually, MJ wore the taxis exclusively for a while then started using the white/reds later in the season.

Back
Top Bottom