Taxi 12's - December '13

The pic of MJ in the 97 pinstripe Blk/Red away jersey, was that game a preseason game? MJ always wore the Wht/Red XII's on away games and the taxis at home
during the season.

Game was December 13, 1996 against the Nets...

From what I've seen and remember MJ wore the White / Red XII's for away games...White / Black XII's for home games...alternated between White / Red ~ White / Black with the Black Alternate Away Jersey...Carried through into the playoffs with the Black / Red XII's for away games and of course the Black / White "Playoffs" for home games..."Playoffs" were used for the All-Star Game...

Pippen and Ron Harper, while wearing the XII's, generally ran opposite of this setup but did on occasion wear whatever MJ was wearing in any particular game...

vegetaray123 vegetaray123 - from what I remember, MJ (XI - XIII) wore the same color for the 1st part of the season then started wearing other colors around the end of January or February.

The white/red and obsidian 12s dropped near all star weekend. Im not sure he was wearing them months early.

vegetaray123 vegetaray123 - from what I remember, MJ (XI - XIII) wore the same color for the 1st part of the season then started wearing other colors around the end of January or February.

The white/red and obsidian 12s dropped near all star weekend. Im not sure he was wearing them months early.

Just to correlate the info I posted earlier and for the particular picture in question...

View media item 691784View media item 691783View media item 691785
Also for the White / Reds...Pics from November and December 1996...

View media item 691786View media item 691787
I'll dig up some more a little later on...These were just the first I came across in a quick search...

vegetaray123 - good stuff man. I was in 6th grade back then so my memory aint all that :lol:

IMG_15291-1024x682.jpg

IMG_15321-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1520-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1526-1024x682.jpg

IMG_15191-1024x682.jpg

IMG_15301-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1521-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1523-1024x682.jpg

via-local shop Studiiyo23 + Kicks on Fire

vegetaray123 - good stuff man. I was in 6th grade back then so my memory aint all that :lol:

No worries man I was 15 at the time so it was all about MJ for me...Besides you got me doing my favorite thing in digging up old MJ info on the net, especially since it's slow at work...I've got a couple good pics saved at home but it would throw this thread off track so I'll leave them for the next Retro XII release...

Glad these are finally here, the 12's really bring me back. I was in about 4th or 5th grade when they dropped (BREDs) and I remember wanting a pair like my best friend had so bad.

Then I used to watch the TV show "Smart Guy" and he would rock the Cherry Red's, :nthat:

(Personal favorite 12)

These shoes are just great, I used to get nasty looks in high school wearing them, crazy how things have changed.

No worries man I was 15 at the time so it was all about MJ for me...Besides you got me doing my favorite thing in digging up old MJ info on the net, especially since it's slow at work...I've got a couple good pics saved at home but it would throw this thread off track so I'll leave them for the next Retro XII release...

isn't it crazy tho? comparing how bron and kobe have what seems like a color every couple of days but MJ rocked like 3 for the whole season + the ASG shoe?

Glad these are finally here, the 12's really bring me back. I was in about 4th or 5th grade when they dropped (BREDs) and I remember wanting a pair like my best friend had so bad.

Then I used to watch the TV show "Smart Guy" and he would rock the Cherry Red's, :nthat:

(Personal favorite 12)

These shoes are just great, I used to get nasty looks in high school wearing them, crazy how things have changed.

Smart-Guy!

Totally remember that show...I can't recall J's off the top of my head but the older cat on there used to rock the Reebok Questions like every episode...

For anyone in NoVa, the Ballston Footlocker is getting the Taxis and that people should line up in the parking garage starting at 8am. Didn't tell me how many pairs they're getting. 

Not sure if I want to wait out in the cold at 8am, but that's life...I know these won't sit, but are they supposed to go that fast?

These fit pretty TTS for me. Not as roomy as the Blk Toe XIII

This...

TTS...At least on my foot...

Skipped out on those raffles that the usual spots were having so I'm hitting either FNL or NDC Saturday morning to grab that second pair...Seems like this will be an easy enough online drop...

Hate knowing I won't be able to grab these... With the Gamma XIs + 4 Lebrons releasing this month + Christmas gifts + PS4 for myself + bills to pay, buying these will be a very poor financial decision for me. Was really looking forward to these, too... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom