Taxi 12's - December '13

Im about to throw some better insoles in my rising suns and hoop in em

12s are comfortable

I remember playing JV ball in the originals back in High School...I can attest to them being some of the best shoes I've worn on the court period...As I recall weight was a minor problem that I eventually got used to but the major complaint I had was the lack of ventilation...Hottest (As in sweaty feet hot) J's outside of probably the VIII's...Oddly enough those come in second for me as far as Jordan era J's are concerned...That being said I'm planning on making the purchase next month for basketball purposes...Can't really say why I've never tried any of the retro variations before now but I'm 100% going to put these through their paces.

Like I said I never owned any of the Retro variants but the originals were far and away the best sneakers I'd worn up until that point and still probably rank in my top five even to this day...

Last edited:
Still one of the best performing shoes ever. I can care less what people think in a negative way about the XIIs. These are my grails.... I don't think they feel clunky or heavy at all but then again I don't play the guard position. But why complain anyway MJ wore them and he did just fine.

I'm one of the older members here so I'm used to playing in leather shoes. Weight is not a factor since I'm not from this new generation who loves synthetics. Breathability doesn't factor in at all since I'm used to 90's shoes that didn't offer that as an option like today. Support, well the XII's are very supportive and the carbon fiber shank adds great support. And traction is very good on the XII's. And yes I played in college in the OG's and they were very comfortable and responsive with zoom air.

False, I've had two pair. Still have a pair of OG's, and they're not comfortable. This is common knowledge.

All OG Xll's have full length zoom.
You can check nightwing's performance review on the Xll's, its not bad at all, especially for support, traction, and comfort. Btw the carbon fiber plate is the best for support, a lot of new and "high tech" current sneakers are cheeping out on that (even THE BEST SHOE EVAH :smile:

I don't have to check Nightwing's vids for sneakers I was around for.

The 2004 is different than the OG.

Last edited:
Lol so I was about to get a pair of OG 12s til now I hear they are uncomfortable though they have amazing quality.

Need the final verdict NT fam, OGs comfortable or not comfortable for wear now?

Lol so I was about to get a pair of OG 12s til now I hear they are uncomfortable though they have amazing quality.

OGs are def wearable, but at this point they're more of a collectors item. Last time I wore mines were in '08. Just cop the new ones.

airthompson airthompson Thanks fam, gonna do that. Thought I would really be missing out if I didn't get OGs at a great price too.

Your not missing out. People just love to praise the originals which is understandable. All shoes get uncomfortable overtime. Aged leather, hard cushion, and stiff midsole/outsoles make them more of a novelty, then a sneaker you could wear every so often.

But back in '97 the XII's were comfy.

Last edited:
so anyone that has the first retros (04? 06?) how do the new XII's compare? this was my hesitance to even consider the new XIIs, if they are mad cozy i might cop these then for me and my wife

Considering doubling up on these to use as a trade bait for Playoffs XIIs. Should be easy right? Playoffs don't go for that much

XIIs in general don't go for that much on a resale market. I think that's one of the reasons why I love this shoe :lol:

Last edited:
airthompson airthompson thanks again. Repped and appreciate the insight

Anytime family

Anybody know if these will be $160, or $170?
$170

Thought so, my guy is telling me $160, and I knew that couldn't be right. Thank you

so anyone that has the first retros (04? 06?) how do the new XII's compare? this was my hesitance to even consider the new XIIs, if they are mad cozy i might cop these then for me and my wife

The first retro XII was in '03. IMO they're the most comfortable of the all the XII's, because they have a softer leather, and not as high as the '97 giving them a casual fit. The CDP's were decent too, aside from the flimsier padding, leather and flatter shape from the side profile. The recent '12 retros are very similar to the '08 CDP retro in terms of comfort.

Don't look for an answer here. I'm not sure if you're even serious. In terms of quality, comfort and durability, Niketalkers rarely agree. A couple weeks ago, people on here were saying Xs were tanks (wtf?). I've seen people post that XIVs are uncomfortable and are destroyed after a couple wears. Heard that the 1s are indestructible (I'm dead serious. that was word used).

All we agree on here, is there are no more clear Jams and anything "Nike Air"= Grail.

Last edited:
When I balled in a few pair of XII's the lace loop thing at the top would come out made no difference in plactic or metal. XII's and XIV's were my favorite J's for ball. Def looking forward to these, for casual wear tho.... Ballin in M9s now. Not a good looking shoe but man them joints feel good on feet.

Definitely both my favorite J's to ball in too. XII's are tanks. People that say their not musta be trying to walk through lava or something. I love the XII's but give the slight edge to the XIV's ball wise. I just remember the XII's being kinda heavy. Can't wait til they finally give us the Black and Red's again with the leather. That suede was trash. It's been 10 years so hopefully they'll be back next year and to the dope releases they got planned already

How would a pair of 2003 breds hold up if I bought them and wanted to ball in them???
I'm looking at a pair to buy.

How would a pair of 2003 breds hold up if I bought them and wanted to ball in them???
I'm looking at a pair to buy.

Don't do it, I just undsed mine and they are good for casual and that's about it. I can see after years of sitting where the glue is starting to pull away. Good for casual but not hooping

Seen a guy at the gym the other day who had broke out a pair of the 2004 playoffs to hoop in, tried to warn him but he didn't want to listen. He mad a hard jab step and the bottom came off. Needless to say the shoes were done...

Don't look for an answer here. I'm not sure if you're even serious. In terms of quality, comfort and durability, Niketalkers rarely agree. A couple weeks ago, people on here were saying Xs were tanks (wtf?). I've seen people post that XIVs are uncomfortable and are destroyed after a couple wears. Heard that the 1s are indestructible (I'm dead serious. that was word used).

All we agree on here, is there are no more clear Jams and anything "Nike Air"= Grail.
My Jams are still clear........ish.

Back
Top Bottom