..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

skep - I think the gel has peroxide in it but not bleach. I don't think peroxide will affect the dye in the stitching. I'm not 100% sure, though. youcould try the sandpaper trick too, but it's a pain in the rear on the textured midsole of the af1. however, I have gotten results with sandpaper, so itmight be worth a shot.

Originally Posted by ten2eleven

Got these in today from Napsize.
pimp.gif

4279716542_71ac8a666d.jpg

MADD CLEAN....I need to get me a new pair already

Does anyone know of any shops that still have those last WP AF1s? Never was able to find my size.

Originally Posted by skep

thanks denver.. does any1 else have input on this?
It doesn't effect the stitching at all and as far as getting the tube separately, I've only seen the kits. It is a good investment thetube will last you a very long time. I did two shoes already with four applications and I still have plenty left over. It didn't even effect the painted"AIR" on the back of the shoes. But I remember reading that to get best results the shoe should only be slightly yellowed and not piss yellow. Itwould not hurt to try it out.

Here are pictures with a colored stitching that I currently did. Both pictures are taken without flash and only difference is the TV was turned on.
laugh.gif

Before.
4277269001_5d465ee35d.jpg

After.
4286399837_8d6c6bc7f2.jpg

8tothe24- What are WP?? Water Proofs?
laugh.gif

Ask Matt.. He has all your size 11.

I want the older WP in a 10.5 but I wouldn't mind either pair.
nerd.gif
Isit raining hard where your at?

I want the older WP in a 10.5 but I wouldn't mind either pair.
nerd.gif
Is it raining hard where your at?
Yeah, I am up in San Luis right now. Rain for the next week. Hopefully I can find a pair for under retail.

Edit: retail is 150 I think. I know they were selling left and right for 125, I just saw every size from 6-12 except 11.0. Some even pop up on the bay for100.

no i don't
laugh.gif

my wp's are 10.5. any newer af1 i get has to be 10.5 and not 11 or they will probably be too big, from the lack of padding around the ankle compared to theolder af1's
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

no i don't
laugh.gif

my wp's are 10.5. any newer af1 i get has to be 10.5 and not 11 or they will probably be too big, from the lack of padding around the ankle compared to the older af1's
eyes.gif
smh.gif
Edited myself.
laugh.gif

Man outta all my kicks, I wear those WPs more than any other pair. Such a dope shoe, plus it's damn near impossible to get em dirty. Only grip is the whitepart is rather chalk-y so I don't even bother to clean the Jean stains from the white heel part.

I think peroxide will effect the dye. I would test it on an old colored tshirt to see what it does to that before I try it on the shoes.

^nah it won't. I did the whitening gel on a pair of dunk shimizus and that has black midsole stitching. It didn't discolor it at all.

^Yup! Those would be the only ones I can mess with too. I'm surprised I haven't looked for a pair with all the raining here in Miami.

Got these in today...thought the Team might appreciate...

anybody got info on these (other than that they;re from '04)? I can't recall seeing them anywhere.
Seller was from the UK...so a JD release maybe?

Damn...those mids up there are something I have never seen before....that quality looks right....just a sick shoe.....

WP's...

I was watchin those mids. Very nice and I don't even like mids.
Also I got something coming in pretty sweet.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom