Team Pilipinas UPDATES

Kulang raw ng teamwork sabi ni COACH CHOT hahaha
TANKEEEEEE

Looking For:
DS or VNDS Air Zoom Generation, Zoom Lebron II, US9.5-10 PM me!
FOR TRADE : DS AJV White/Royal/Stealth US10 for any jordan same size! PM ME!

Quote:
SORRY to burst the bubble of the national basketball team, but in the eyes of Chinese basketball coach Adiljan, Filipinos can't go far in Asian basketball if they continue to play individually.

Adiljan, himself a former star player of China's national team, said that Filipinos lack the most important element in team sportsteamwork.

Speaking through an interpreter in an interview with Standard Today, Adiljan said that Filipino players are skillful and very strong, but they have to go through years of training and sacrifices to learn the art of playing as a team.

Filipinos are born to play basketball. No doubt, in Asia, the Philippines is a strong team. But you play individually, focusing on one-on-one plays, just like in the NBA. That is good for entertainment, but you can never win a basketball game, particularly against China if you can't have teamwork, said Adiljan, a member of the Chinese team that won numerous international titles, including the 1991 Asian Games in Beijing.

The 77-74 victory of Adiljan's young Chinese squad over the Philippines in the just-concluded Four-Nation Manila Invitational Basketball Championships, ironically, won by the Filipinos when they beat Lebanon in the finals, is a clear indication that the RP Team is not yet ready for the Great Wall.

Adiljan proudly said that today, beating China is the standard criteria in the Asian level.

If you beat China, you now pass the Asian level, said Adiljan, who also wondered why coach Chot Reyes was quoted as saying after the game against the Chinese, that China is beatable.

That is not the Chinese national team. My team is composed of players 19 years old and under. They are part of the training pool, but Filipinos failed to raise the level of their game. Yes, the Filipinos won the title, but we beat your team and that is a strong signal that RP Team needs more sacrifice and training, he said.

The Philippines is bracketed with China in what Reyes described as the Group of Death in the Fiba Olympic qualifying tournament set July 23 to Aug. 2 in Tokoshima, Japan. Other members of the group are Jordan and Iran.

He also confessed that his most unforgettable experience as a player was when he went up against the Filipinos, most notably Living Legend Robert Jaworski.

I had a tough but great experience with Filipino players. I don't remember their names, only Jaworski, but I can recognize their face when I meet them, he said.

Adiljan, who brought the entire Chinese Team to a dinner hosted by his close friendathletics chief Go Teng Kokat the China Palace Restaurant in Binondo, stressed that Korea and Japan and the Middle East countries such as Jordan, Qatar and Iran have developed immensely through the years.

Those teams, he added, have tall and hefty players, who can give the Filipinos lots of headache in the coming Fiba tournament.

RP Team can't win against these teams on individual effort. One-on-one play is fitted for the Americans, since they can score easily and burn the hoops with spectacular dunks. That's another level, he said.

After a two-year ban from Fiba, the Philippines, composed of Philippine Basketball Association players, is gearing up for the Tokoshima event as the first step in its dream of regaining its lofty status in Asia and make it again to the Olympics, specifically next year's Beijing Games.

But Adiljan has a piece of unsolicited advice to Filipino basketball leaders and coach Reyes.

As a coach, I never speak against my counterpart's style and system. I respect them. But there is one thing on my mind. Filipino players had been out from international basketball for almost two years, and I don't think the RP Team is ready to play against China and the Middle East teams yet.

You have to focus on scouting first, then tap your best players for training not only for one year, but many years. Only after that can the Philippines be ready to face the challenge in Asian basketball, said Adiljan

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size]

Under 19 lang pala yun Pano pa kung Si E nakalaban ng team pinas wala makakapigil kay E

[size=+2]
I've seen the future of the NBA His name is Amare Stoudemire -Shaquille O'Neal
[/size]

Schedule for the Philippine Team in the FIBA ASIA Championship...

All schedules are 5pm Philippine Time...

Iran vs Philippines - July 28, 2007

China vs Philippines - July 29, 2007

Jordan vs Philippines - July 30, 2007

Competition Format.....

Preliminary Round:
The sixteen (16) participating teams will be divided into four (4) groups (A, B, C and D) of four (4) teams each. Each team shall play
all the other teams within its own group.

The final standings will be established after the Preliminary Round.

A1 B1 C1 D1
A2 B2 C2 D2
A3 B3 C3 D3
A4 B4 C4 D4

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in each group will qualify for the Quarter-Final Round (Groups I and II) to play for 1st to 8th place.

The teams placed 3rd and 4th in each group will qualify for the Quarter-Final Round (Groups III and IV) to play for 9th to 16th place.

Quarter-Finals:
The groups will be formed as follows:

Group I: A1, B2, C1, D2

Group II: A2, B1, C2, D1

Group III: A3, B4, C3, D4

Group IV: A4, B3, C4, D3

Each team shall play all the other teams within its own group.

The final standings will be established after the Quarter-Finals.

I1 II1 III1 IV1
I2 II2 III2 IV2
I3 II3 III3 IV3
I4 II4 III4 IV4

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in Groups I and II will qualify for the Semi-Finals to play 1st to 4th place.

The teams placed 3rd and 4th in Groups I and II will qualify for the Semi-Finals to play for 5th to 8th place.

The teams placed 1st and 2nd in Groups III and IV will qualify for the Classification Round to play 9th to 12th place.

The teams placed 3rd and 4th in Groups III and IV will qualify for the Classification Round to play 13th to 16th place.

Semi Finals:
Classification Round:
Game 5 III 1 vs IV 1 (9th and 10th)
Game 6 III 2 vs IV 2 (11th and 12th)
Game 7 III 3 vs IV 3 (13th and 14th)
Game 8 III 4 vs IV 4 (15th and 16th)

Final Round:
Game 1 I 3 vs II 4
Game 2 II 3 vs I 4
Game 3 I 1 vs II 2
Game 4 II 1 vs I 2

Finals:
Final Round:
Game 9 Loser 1 vs Loser 2 (7th and 8th)
Game 10 Winner 1 vs Winner 2 (5th and 6th)
Game 11 Loser 3 vs Loser 4 (3rd and 4th)
Game 12 Winner 3 vs Winner 4 (1st and 2nd)

Mark "The Spark" Caguioa 47

BELIEVER

i agree , wala talagang teamwork ,

pano puro kasi yabang at porma lang ang bawat isa eh tsk tsk tsk ,

kaya yan hanggang pinas na lang mararating nyo talaga kayong mga so-called TEAM PILIPINAS "Players" .

19 yr olds & under chinese PLAYERS > so-called pros PBA "Players"

nuf said

All along I was thinking it was the jumping ability.
roll.gif

[size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy

[/size]

Team pilipinas need 1 or 2 7footers even if we get zero offense from them just defense and rebounding. Kaya lng naman naging succesful yung team ni Ron Jacobs dahil may naturalized imports. Yung mga import ang nka-asign sa rebounding at pagdepensa sa malaki ng kalaban tapos sila samboy at caidic ang focus sa scoring.

Yung current team natin, kaya ng mga guards umiscore. ang prob lng kpg hindi kaya ni asi yng oposing center, sobrang liit nlng ng chance natin manalo

Quote:
All along I was thinking it was the jumping ability.

oo nga pati jumping ability

kung ikaw bilib na bilib ka sa mga pinoy players natin (pure pinoy nga ba talaga???)
na ga-palito ang talon at ubod ng poporma at yabang lang
then so be it

it's my opinion , you dont have to laugh about it

to each his own

Quote:
oo nga pati jumping ability
Let me repeat:
I dare not talk about yabang at porma. Am sure I will not be able to make a layup against these guys. One thing I am sure of, jumping capability has nothing to do with being good in international ball, or even in other types of competitions. (Kukoc, Bodiroga, Sabonis, Schmidt, Khatib, etc)

Quote:
kung ikaw bilib na bilib ka sa mga pinoy players natin (pure pinoy nga ba talaga???)
na ga-palito ang talon at ubod ng poporma at yabang lang
then so be it

it's my opinion , you dont have to laugh about it
If you can laugh at them because, as you say, they are all porma at yabang at gapalito ang talon, then I am sure you would let me get away with one.

I think the NT pool welcomes all those who think they can do better than this bunch of wannabees.

[size=+2]

pag humahanga, wag hinahaluan ng inggit

[/size]

Quote:
Under 19 lang pala yun Pano pa kung Si E nakalaban ng team pinas wala makakapigil kay E

who's E? or were you referring to Yi (whose name is pronounced like the letter E)? not trying to burn you or anything.. just curious who this E player is..

thanks and peace..

:smh:
smh.gif
lets just support team Pilipinas. They are the best players we have. Kahit ba kulang sa teamwork yan o gapalito ang talon :lol:
laugh.gif
kung yan naman ang pinakamagaling dito sa pinas e may magagawa pa ba tayo?This is the best opportunity for our basketball team to go to the olympics again kasi 2 slots ang avail sa asia.so supportahan nalang natin sila :D
happy.gif

highflyer siguro tong isang to... malamang nakikipag sabayan to kay jc... dapat nag tryout to para sa team philippines!!!!.... malamang mvp to ng bariofest!!

yeah, bad start for TP. Looks like we need to wait for another four years to get another crack at it, as China and Jordan are also very tough to beat. Im not saying its impossible but seems like its unlikely.

0 - 3

seigle
caguioa
pennisi
alapag
hontiveros
norwood
taulava
raymundo
ritualo
williams
helterbrand

ilang lang ba talaga ang tutuong pinoy dito sa line up ?

seigle -- ???
caguioa -- born in Pinas and I think just moved to the US before he became a teenager
pennisi -- ??
alapag -- ??
hontiveros -- pinoy
norwood -- ??
taulava -- ??
raymundo -- pinoy
ritualo -- pinoy
williams -- ??
helterbrand -- ??

So I think 4 out of 11 are undoubtedly Pinoy..as for the others you can say HMM....
.:: |Team| Lebron| Size9| ::.
.:: | bib10 | dOubleO | tdog91184 | visrael | ::.​
.:: FOR SALE Lebron II Low Gum Sole w/ PE Box DS sz 11 ::.​

lahat yan pinoy. hindi pwede maglaro sa ganyang liga ang hindi ligal na citizen ng bansa na represented nila. kung hindi pinoy yan hindi papaglaruin ng fiba yan. pero kung gusto mo ng TOTOONG pinoy, e wala dyan dahil walang mga ita dyan!!!! yung ang purong pinoy, walang halo. ingat lang sa paglabas-labas, lakas ng bagyo dito sa pinas. naka lusot sa pag-asa. sobra kasing taas sa pag-ere.

Great game today versus China.

Jimmy Alapag :pimp:
pimp.gif

------------

We only have one heart, but there are so many ways of breaking it.

Back
Top Bottom