Tell NT why you picked the teams you root for.... Vol. SKA's Sig

- Duke grad and I rep them to the death.
- Born and raised in CT, and MBA from UConn Business School. Plus UConn basketball is all we've ever had in the state of CT.
- Celts, Pats, Sox fan by default. They're all we have in New England but I wouldn't consider myself a die hard fan. I didn't jump on the bandwagon and act like I was there from day 1 when all three teams won a championship. See that way too often up here and it's disgusting.

Well let me reiterate where I stand.

You should already know, I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Browns, Cavs and Indians.

I was born in Brooklyn, moved to Cleveland when I was 5 and I grew up there. Now I live in Cali..

Kings - Mitch Richmond
49ers - Young, Rice, and Ricky "Running" Watters aka "For who? For what?"
Giants - Will Clark, Matt Williams
San Jose Sharks - Jamie Baker
Cal - Jason Kidd

And on a sidenote I would've rooted for any team Chris Webber was on.

Blazers- everybody was a Bulls fan and I wanted to be different so i took the west coast version...then they traded for my all time favorite player rasheed

Bengals- I'm left handed and when i was younger Boomer Esiason was the only good starting left handed QB in the NFL (Young was still a backup)

A's- Bash Brothers

Nebraska- Born and raised!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by toine2983

As for College football I don't really have a team either, but the last few years I have started dynasties in NCAA Football with Florida, The U, and Notre Dame.
sick.gif
dude just put Miami's 2 biggest enemies in one sentence
indifferent.gif
(well 2 out of 3 considering FSU)

MLB: Giants- Local Team. Grew up going to Candlestick and At&t Park and watching Barry Bonds. i guess the A's would be my 2nd team since i went to so many games over the years.

NFL: Local Team. Raiders- my mothers side that im real close with are all raider fans so i started rooting for raiders even though my dad (RIP) was huge Niner Fan.

NBA: Warriors- local team and went to games growing up.

NCAA: Cal Bears- Family graduating from there and working for Cal
pimp.gif

Lakers - Because when I was a kid Frobe & Shaq were too sick with it and the 1st NBA game I ever went to was a laker home game.

A's - Rickey Henderson

Raiders - Tim Brown & Jerry Rice

49ers - Jerry Rice/ Steve young/TO

Lakers + Dodgers - grew up in so cal, so I gotta show support.

Vikings - kinda random, but I was a big randy moss fan, and jumped on the bandwagon when they went 15-1. Still supported them even during their struggles following that season.

Rafael Nadal - I'm a tennis player/fan... needed someone else to root for after Agassi bounced. I liked Nadal's tennis game cause I kinda play like him... a grinder hitting with top spin and a pair of bad knees
laugh.gif

Rams: Only football team I knew of as a kid. And well I just always rooted for them.
Dodgers I am from LA
Clippers. I cant stand Kobe Fans anymore so I root for the clips.
USC personal reasons
Any LA team since I am from LA
Soccer US because well no one roots for them and I was born here. And El Salvador as all my family is salvi. And recently Honduras as my GF family roots for them.

Dallas Cowboys - I have lived in Dallas since age 3...

FC Barcelona - My favorite player is Carles Puyol, my family is full of Barca supporters. First team I began to follow when I grew an interest in soccer.

Spain - My family is full of Spaniards, spanish football supporters. When I grew an interest for soccer they were the first national team I followed. Carles Puyol is my favorite player.
Mexico - Mother country. 

USA - Currently live here. 

grew up in norcal so...
warriors- been rooting for them since i was little. since the mid 90s and was excited about joe smith being drafted.
49ers- same, didn't really follow until late 90s when they weren't too good
cal bears- my brother went there, i've followed them closely since i was 12 or something..so i'm a big fan of their football+basketball

Born and raised in SF so I root for the Giants and 49ers. I do not have a favorite NBA team. College football I root for the Seminoles because my dad was a big Charlie Ward fan. I do not have a favorite college hoops team, but I root for the Pac 10 with the exception of the Oregon schools and Stanford.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Rafael Nadal - I'm a tennis player/fan... needed someone else to root for after Agassi bounced. I liked Nadal's tennis game cause I kinda play like him... a grinder hitting with top spin and a pair of bad knees
laugh.gif

Im a Nadal, and Andre fan too.
pimp.gif

NBA, Knicks - Hometown team

NFL, Giants - Hometown team

College B-Ball, Kansas - My pops is a Syracuse fan, and he kept going on and on about how great Carmelo was. And while being able to see Carmelo beast nightly was ultimately the reason I became a serious college b-ball fan, I hated the rest of that Syracuse squad. I never like McManara, I felt like Terrance Roberts was just a cheap Kenyon Martin imitation and Craig Forth....was Craig Forth. I ended up catching a Jayhawks game on tv that same season....and that's the team I ended up becoming a fan of.

College Football, N/A - I just got into college football in 08...I kinda been bandwagoning which isn't cool, so I'm trying to find one squad and stick with them.

I just like the teams my dad liked. He grew up in Buffalo and then moved to Miami so he changed to the Celtics after the Buffalo Braves left. And he is a die hard Bills fan.

And then my mom's from Boston so that's why we moved up there from when I was 2 through 23.

I'm looking to jump in all the way to a college bball team. I wonder if I can do it at this point. Anyone try to pick up a team this late in life and it stuck?

Born and raised in Oakland, Ca thus I am a fan of...

The Oakland Raiders
The Oakland A's
The Golden State Warriors
The Cal Golden Bears (Football and Basketball) < I go there

49ers- They were the team I picked when I was having a tournament in Tecmo Super Bowl... So since then they been my favorite team...
Braves and Bulls- My older brother's put me onto baseball/basketball and they were fans, so I decided to follow them...
Pistons- Grant Hill was one of my favorite players...

Im from NYC...

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by toine2983

As for College football I don't really have a team either, but the last few years I have started dynasties in NCAA Football with Florida, The U, and Notre Dame.
sick.gif
dude just put Miami's 2 biggest enemies in one sentence
indifferent.gif
(well 2 out of 3 considering FSU)

laugh.gif

Like I said, I don't have an allegiance to any school so it's whatever.

Born and raised in NY
Red Sox - Growing up as a kid was a met fan but sometime in 98 started following the sawx and that's going to be my team til death. All family and friends are yankee fans, refused to follow just made me hate the team more. Being a yankee fan is just corny to me.
Spurs - My man timmy is my favorite player and spurs will continue to be my team after he retires.

born and raised in pasadena moved up here at the age of 12

Lakers- two words...magic johnson
49ers- two words...jerry rice
dodgers- grew up watching them and went to a lot of the games
a's- moved up here in the bay and went to a lot of the games

Born in Boston. Supported all their teams.

It sucks when you first start understanding sports and realize that your home teams are awful

Mets - because they're the best team in baseball

Clemson - best college in the world

Giants - best football team

Rangers - best power play in hockey

Knicks - I'm not a fan anymore, they +*++%#* suck

Back
Top Bottom