The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Man, I noticed on a lot of these black shows recently they are making a lot of these black dudes simps, having them get cheated on or putting them in open relationships. Is this becoming an actual trend in the streets in 2021 or are they just making black men look foolish in television now?

I have no issues with the open relationship stuff. Adults can do as they please IMO, I’m not into swinging but, the part about making black men simps, effeminate, weak and soft is DEFINITELY true. The same way the USA tried to literally castrate black men in the past. They’re having wider success nowadays...

emmett hangin them up to play part time house with tiff gotta be some of the dumbest, most inconsistent writing i’ve seen …now he’s turning to papa for relationship advice?

fam… FAM :rofl:

He turns to everyone for advice. Everyone knows dudes business and that Tiff is for everybody. I didn't even know him and Trig knew each other, much less to ask for advice. I keep wondering do all of them live on the same block, because for this to be Chicago they never seem to actually show Chicago. All we see is Sonny's, inside peoples houses and a school.

That's why it was so backwards for him to try and give advice to Nina.

The SIMPsons performing opening the show :smh:

Emmett finally acknowledged he has other kids. Of course he had to tell her his business.

The season is almost over, and I have no clue what the point of the whole season was. Jada? They stopped even covering the police angle.

Emmett went from selling Jordan's and not being able to pay child support to buying a house for his mom?

That survivor **** is weird. I wonder if real survivors want to watch a show and be reminded every week?

Saying Trig's G Wagon smells like *** wasn't the right thing to say considering he gets his Mr Cee on.

The chick she took the baby back from keeping in contact with her? They waste episode time on pointless characters and discussions. Why isn't she having this discussion with her mom?

Did the writers forget he's supposed to be the mayor?

I guess Jemma is off the show.

This episode
jackie-story_647_012517032327.jpg

More dumb ish ….

opening segment was cringeworthy

I noticed in the chi some characters don’t appear every week ….

kevin letting ole girl in house look like it’s about to be trouble ….

jemma pops surviving is best for the show but I don’t see that happening

good showing Emmett fam coming together for dinner …. Might be foreshadowing

the woman who wanted Keisha child look like that picture she got would make her kidnapp a child
not a bad episode but again not a good episode ….. all over the place

Jemma’s dad been asking for Douda to reappear all season and got his wish plus some :lol: This show be all over the place,they left us with Emmitt/Tiff cliffhanger only for Tiff not to appear in this episode:smh:

:wow: :wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow somebody last week really called it with the SIMPle Men group.

Lena and these writers really out of touch having those Gen Zers play that Jagged Edge song.

I forget Emmett really was out here knocking up anything :lol: Last I remember though all his baby mothers except Tiff were out of state. Dude is a pretty absent father.

Good scene with Jada and Darnell.

That's a pretty horrible gift to give to the lady who you stole motherhood from Keisha.

This ***** Douda crazy and coldblooded :lol: :lol: Just causally cleaning his murder cane as dude is dying on the floor. Trig trying to make him breathe by holding his head. Jake seeing it :lol:

Kevin wild for actually going to sleep.

Rashad and Nina missing for that many eps and no Tiff is just weird.

Last edited:
:wow: :wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Woe somebody last week really called it with the SIMPle Men group.

Lena and these writers really out of touch having those Gen Zers play that Jagged Edge song.

I forget Emmett really was out here knocking up anything :lol: Last I remember though all his baby mothers except Tiff were out of state. Dude is a pretty absent father.

Good scene with Jada and Darnell.

That's a pretty horrible gift to give to the lady who you stole motherhood from Keisha.

This ***** Douda crazy and coldblooded :lol: :lol: Just causally cleaning his murder cane as dude is dying on the floor. Trig trying to make him breathe by holding his head. Jake seeing it :lol:

Kevin wild for actually going to sleep.

Rashad and Nina missing for that many eps and no Tiff is just weird.
Yeah especially after how Imani was always getting on him about ish and then Nina confessing to cheating but yet we haven’t seen anything coming from that.

This show :rofl:

Opening scene was so bad.

These kids would not be bumping no JE. Should've been a Drake, Bryson Tiller, or Frank Ocean song.

Emmitt really don't be around none of his other kids. :smh:

Why did Shay leave Emmitt alone in her house?

Kev playing the new hottest game of 2021 Rocket League again :lol:

Douda wants to be Jake's dad now. :stoneface:

"You know from what I can tell, it's your daughter that's out her fn everybody"

Douda beat Marcus to near death (preview for the last episode shows Jemma in the hospital) with a cane.

So ridiculous.

- Another weird and awkward opening scene. 17 year old's not listening to 90's R&B

- How is Kevin and that girl getting into the school dance without a ticket? Kev was just kicked outta that school. Who writes this **** lol

- Trig gave Jake the company g wagon with Cheeto crumbs in the backseat

- Emmett just told Tiff last episode if they can't be exclusive then he's done with the marriage, next episode he's touring open houses..... LOL aight man

- From a logic standpoint, there was no reason to kill/beat Jemma's father. Again, the writing bro

- Why was Emmett's baby moms super happy to see him? There hasn't been a single scene since season 1 of him being a father to his kids not named EJ.

(I really don't know where to start, alas..)

-The writers really screwed themselves over by not using the pandemic as the storyline. It would help explain why the cast disappears so damn much. I thought Emmett was in business with Lala? Where she at? She done vanished. How's Tiff not going to be in this episode after the cliffhanger from the previous? Nina and Dre? Suede? Russ? WEAV????
Cast availability so bad, they had to shoehorn Darnell into this episode so he could get his check.:smh:

-So Emmett's got enough money to buy his Mama a house??? whut? But like I said last week, money ain't a thang on this show no more. Papa's sweatshirt in that wack *** music video intro costs $745...like father, like son.

-That G-Wagon's dashboard is probably lit up like a christmas tree.

BUT...

My beef with this episode was the Douda storyline. How in the **** is the Mayor of Chicago going to kill someone, and not just anybody but the only person on his barebones staff that actually does gov't work? Better yet, how does the Mayor of one the largest cities in America get shot, and the FBI not get involved. I literally found myself asking, "Where's the white people?!?!!! Enough is enough!!"

Oh yeah, then that ***** had nerve to gossip with Trig. Talking bout, "I though that was Kevin's girl?" How tf does he know that? You supposed to be doing mayor stuff, not worrying about some weak high school love triangle.

This show needs an award, just when you think it can’t get worse, it does

That opening scene lmaooooo

So the mayor wants to be Jake’s dad and then kills the girl’ he dating who also happens to be on his staff?

they stary storylines and never end them, just move on

this show is so bad it’s good. i think i’m only watching now so that when i come into this thread, i can understand why we’re collectively disgusted with this season

there’s no consistency, storylines just die episode to episode.

did i fall asleep and miss out on kev and jake becoming friends again? kev’s suddenly good with jake, hopping into his bootyjuice g wagon and giving jake advice on how to keep jemma.

so jemma’s dad says, “when i got custody of you i promised i’d make sure you were safe” but then lets her drive off in a car with a 15 year old boy who doesn’t have his license. this is “safe?”

keisha’s “gift” to the woman was ****ing horrendous.

lena waithe needs to back to that cabin she was staying in during master of none and reevaluate wtf she’s doing with the chi. this show been lost since they killed off brandon’s character

Oh yeah, then that ***** had nerve to gossip with Trig. Talking bout, "I though that was Kevin's girl?" How tf does he know that? You supposed to be doing mayor stuff, not worrying about some weak high school love triangle.

I was wondering why were all these dudes acting like this is their high school prom. They came over to Marcus house to take pics? Did he invite them?

Then he dissed him, I'll Air Drop you. He wasted a trip.

What the **** was Perry so proud about? You ain't raise him. He's not graduating high school.

- Another weird and awkward opening scene. 17 year old's not listening to 90's R&B

- How is Kevin and that girl getting into the school dance without a ticket? Kev was just kicked outta that school. Who writes this **** lol

- Trig gave Jake the company g wagon with Cheeto crumbs in the backseat

- Emmett just told Tiff last episode if they can't be exclusive then he's done with the marriage, next episode he's touring open houses..... LOL aight man

- From a logic standpoint, there was no reason to kill/beat Jemma's father. Again, the writing bro

- Why was Emmett's baby moms super happy to see him? There hasn't been a single scene since season 1 of him being a father to his kids not named EJ.

It's rare, but there are some kids with an old soul who actually prefer older music compared to this new bull****. I've ran across a few in my lifetime.

It's rare, but there are some kids with an old soul who actually prefer older music compared to this new bull****. I've ran across a few in my lifetime.

Yeah, I didn't find it weird they were aware of Jagged Edge. They have older parents, and they would play them. They're probably more aware of JE than they are SZA or HER, since I don't think teen black boys would listen to modern R&B like that willingly. My issue was how corny and simpish it was. You could have had one of them doing it, but both?

Back
Top Bottom