The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

Yeah, I didn't find it weird they were aware of Jagged Edge. They have older parents, and they would play them. They're probably more aware of JE than they are SZA or HER, since I don't think teen black boys would listen to modern R&B like that willingly. My issue was how corny and simpish it was. You could have had one of them doing it, but both?

It was more of a fun scene than anything. A break from from the dark and depressing **** that we see from this kids every week on this show.

C10F9B31-E582-4948-A5E3-5AEE59EF9D91.jpeg

(I really don't know where to start, alas..)

-The writers really screwed themselves over by not using the pandemic as the storyline. It would help explain why the cast disappears so damn much. I thought Emmett was in business with Lala? Where she at? She done vanished. How's Tiff not going to be in this episode after the cliffhanger from the previous? Nina and Dre? Suede? Russ? WEAV????
Cast availability so bad, they had to shoehorn Darnell into this episode so he could get his check.:smh:

-So Emmett's got enough money to buy his Mama a house??? whut? But like I said last week, money ain't a thang on this show no more. Papa's sweatshirt in that wack *** music video intro costs $745...like father, like son.

-That G-Wagon's dashboard is probably lit up like a christmas tree.

BUT...

My beef with this episode was the Douda storyline. How in the **** is the Mayor of Chicago going to kill someone, and not just anybody but the only person on his barebones staff that actually does gov't work? Better yet, how does the Mayor of one the largest cities in America get shot, and the FBI not get involved. I literally found myself asking, "Where's the white people?!?!!! Enough is enough!!"

Oh yeah, then that ***** had nerve to gossip with Trig. Talking bout, "I though that was Kevin's girl?" How tf does he know that? You supposed to be doing mayor stuff, not worrying about some weak high school love triangle.

Emmett drives a old model, volvo station wagon, but he buying moms a crib. :lol:

Douda just like Ghost. Both of em be having these flashbacks to being a street dude while tryna be business men/politicians.

THE RETURN OF THE KING
shaq.gif

-Weav is byke!!! He stole the show along with having the best scene of the season by far, all while rocking some BUFU. :pimp::pimp:
If anything, he should've been recasted as Brandon.

--------------
(Outside of that, the episode was cheeks, and snooze button material)
-For a main character, they waited two seasons to give Dre any type of a background story.

-Haitian Jack hit the eject button as soon as Tiff hit that "What about us?"

-Jake: "I saw your Daddy dying" *Immediately tries to run away*

-So the mayor just ghosted the city because of Trig? Word?>D

-Emmett

Last edited:
Just finished it… seem like a series finale over a season finale

who knew when Kevin was leaving the house in the first scene it would be foreshadowing to who was in the house when Jemma pops got beat up

Jason weaver has his best showing ….When he found out a “ friend “ died….. to calling Jake a snitch…. to defending Imani

soesking if Imani …. Emmett told his bird to behave and she said she would do her best … then she sneaking out to be with shumpert …

kevin friend is living with the family 😂😂😂

something is wrong with Westbrook 😂😂😂

how the hell you a mayor and you just run and disappear …..that can’t happen 😂

show needs to stop …. Seriously

Why did Johnny call Simba? Dude got a car with no job? Why didn't Trig just drive himself away? How did he get there?

So nobody calls her about her father? They let her find out on the news?

The writing on this show is horrible. The whole Meldrick conversation. They could have reduced that scene. Pointless to go on and on, about someone we don't even know.

I guess because the cops are defunded, and they never explained what that means. There's no one to look at the cameras or investigate the beating of the dude who works with the mayor of the ****ing city?

I like seeing Kev happy

Jason Weaver looks like he's led a rough life since ATL

Is anyone going to ask how Macus is?

I'm falling in love with you :lol: That love went away quick. Tracy's embezzling money? Taxes :lol:

He tells the MAYOR to leave? And he's leaving? Does Candi know about this?

and of course at the end of the season they throw in another storyline of a kid not having anywhere to stay. Did I miss something, did they ever reveal Dre's job before?

How does the MAYOR and owner of pizza joints, and what happen to that gang? Just gave them up too?

That's my family :rofl: That scene was so corny

I'm still confused, so the mayor just skips town a few months in to his term? and is Candi taking over? What? Chicago? The third largest city.

I don't know if I want them to cancel the show or renew it for another four years.

Bro I still can’t believe the mayor is just going to skip town in the middle of his term.

Johnny didn’t tell him to resign, he said leave. Like he has no responsibilities.

where do they even go for another season? Just a continuation of a bunch of bad relationships?

:lol:

Emmett deserves Tiff cheating ***. Her sneaking out to smash Shump :rofl:

:rofl: @ really saving Weaver for the finale and his best acting. **** was extra long. Stretched that **** out.

Then the out the blue cancer update. They were real bad and obvious about wrapping up extraneous subplots.

Kev just gotta admit he like husky girls.

Camera pointed at where his blood is seeping through the floor. Who is writing this? What kind of daughter would say that?

I guess they didn't want to just kill Trig. Cuz that's all Douda had to do. Trig aint some backup plan master planner. Kill Trig and Imani and what Jake gonna do? Or Jemma?

The mayor just leaving with his wife left in charge? :lol: What a weird way to try and get rid of Douda.

No deputy Mayor ever appointed I guess.

Trying to wrap this trash finale up with Papa was so sad.

Every single plot point is half baked. Every single one. It’s beyond my comprehension how any of it got the green light.

**** is more ridiculous than any superhero movie

i watched the first 10 minutes of the season finale.. and just some things that immediately stood out to me:

- dante: "we in the hood, we don't need no napkins." huh?? they're straight up flagrant with this writing
- so douda defunded the police but can't use the funds to pay the electricity bill? why was he giving a press conference in a dark ***, unlit city hall? they tried too hard to make it look like an ominous, artistic scene from the dark knight
- they dragged out this tiff x emmett open marriage storyline way too long

i had to turn it off. gonna watch women's volleyball instead. i'll watch the finale of this train wreck later

Ya'll touched on a lot of the things I've been thinking but the thing that has bothered me this season is Kevin voice cracking and ish because he's going thru puberty.... it's a hard listen lol

Back
Top Bottom