The College Basketball Post

Talent is NEVER overrated, you always want the talent.

The small schools have to do it by finding undervalued/late blooming players and or employing gimmicky high risk strategies.

This North Carolina squad ain't even that good in terms of pure talent. Roy got the best out of them, he's an excellent coach.

Let me put it this way, if you have a lot of talent on your squad you DON'T want them being coached like Dayton, Wyomming, Wisconscin are coached. Those teams play the way they do becuase they HAVE to, Roy and UNC don't have to.

A lot of Roy Williams can't coach or develop players talk....and basing it off sorry *** mcadoo had me laughing at the tweets

Talent is NEVER overrated, you always want the talent.

The small schools have to do it by finding undervalued/late blooming players and or employing gimmicky high risk strategies.
The point being usually after the top 5-10 kids, 10-50 is a crapshoot.

Kids make the McDAAG every year who don't belong there.

This North Carolina squad ain't even that good in terms of pure talent. Roy got the best out of them, he's an excellent coach.

Let me put it this way, if you have a lot of talent on your squad you DON'T want them being coached like Dayton, Wyomming, Wisconscin are coached. Those teams play the way they do becuase they HAVE to, Roy and UNC don't have to.
I guess I agree on the bottom part, but I still think he sucks, we'll just agree to disagree. But I'm not basing this off McAdoo like most people.

And I'm with you on the rankings. I put 0 stock into that. It's maddening to hear people talk about them endlessly like Evan Daniels or Dave Telep have any ******* clue what they're talking about. It's just a profitable business so I see why they do it....shapes way too many peoples opinions.

Last edited:

But, but... They're McDAA!?! Team doesn't even have any guys that are guaranteed to translate at the next level. 

Roy benefits from getting top recruits to return to school for more than one season year in and year out.

This Roy Williams slander is absurd. 

If Roy sucks what do you think about Coach K, who's highly regarded as the best Coach in CBB? Didn't he just get bounced by a 15 seed a couple years ago, and by a 13 or 14 seed this year, a team that TENNESSEE slaughtered? 

Roy benefits from getting top recruits to return to school for more than one season year in and year out.

Lol

?

He had 3 guys putting up 18 a game each on that squad and the good Plumlee brothers

Like 6 guys from that team got drafted
laugh.gif
The Plumlees were young and raw.

Nolan balled, but I think he's already out of the league.

Scheyer is already on the staff.

Zoubek is probably on Wall Street.

Very average roster by Duke/UNC standards was what I meant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom